P1 24mm Lens Availability
4700 23 2022-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan H.
lvl.2
United States

The users of the M300 deserve to have an answer on when the 24mm lens and 50mm lens will be available for purchase, as they have been advertised on the website since the launch. The 24mm lens in particular would vastly improve surveying efficiency for most applications.

P1 24mm

P1 24mm

2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ryan H. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the DJI Zenmuse P1 ( https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-p1?s ... ;from=insite_search ) be available on our DJI online store. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/ze ... -nav&vid=111411 . You may click the Notify Me tab on the page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

Pretty weak answer there Stephen.  Please have your marketing team remove the 24mm Lens from your website and promotional material as to not mislead the market.  

We purchased our first M300 over a year a go with the promise that the 24mm lens would be released by October 2021 at the latest.  We are over half a year overdue, on an already delayed time frame.

I have taken this up with our vendor, but they have no information either.

I will just leave this here:

"Businesses are not allowed to make statements that are incorrect or likely to create a false impression.

This rule applies to their advertising, their product packaging, and any information provided to you by their staff or online shopping services. It also applies to any statements made by businesses in the media or online, such as testimonials on their websites or social media pages.

If the overall impression left by a business's advertisement, promotion, quotation, statement or other representation creates a misleading impression in your mind—such as to the price, value or the quality of any goods and services—then the behaviour is likely to breach the law."
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

The "if ever" statement would be laughable if it didn't have such an impact on our businesses efficiency.
2022-4-7
Use props
Ryan H.
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 20:49
Hello there Ryan H. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the DJI Zenmuse P1 ( https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-p1?site=brandsite&from=insite_search ) be available on our DJI online store. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-p1-and-dji-care-plus?from=store-nav&vid=111411 . You may click the Notify Me tab on the page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.

Please clarify "if ever" it will be available. We purchased this equipment with the expectation that it would be available in short order.
2022-5-26
Use props
JesseG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19941 ft

United States

This is strange, I was able to get a 24mm lens with my M300RTK and P1 when I purchased it in September 2021. It is the same lens marketed for the X7 camera with the DL mount. I have been using it almost exclusively over the 35mm for the increased image footprint and can say it has been working perfectly. When I inquired with my supplier he had to do some digging to see if it was compatible and was never able to find a clear answer but I rolled the dice. I would suggest just ordering one. Here is the part description from the box "Zenmuse X7 PART2 DJI DL 24mm F2.8 LS ASPH"  
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

Hey Jesse,

Very interesting mate.  We have always been told that the X7 24mm lens will fit the P1, but it will not get the precise time stamping required for survey grade mapping.

2022-5-26
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

For the cost I was disappointed that our P1 didn’t come with all 3 lenses. I was looking forward to using them all for various jobs.
2022-5-30
Use props
SpeedyPhire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164747 ft
Australia

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is pretty clear.
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumer ... sleading-impression
2022-5-30
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

Well it does state that it supports 24/35/50mm lenses but doesn't say it comes with them or that they will be available from DJI to purchase. So are they really breaking any laws?
2022-5-30
Use props
JesseG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19941 ft

United States

DJI4Survey Posted at 5-26 15:29
Hey Jesse,

Very interesting mate.  We have always been told that the X7 24mm lens will fit the P1, but it will not get the precise time stamping required for survey grade mapping.

I can confirm that it does in fact receive the precise timestamping just like the 35mm lens does.  All PPK and timestamp files are also created. I recently flew a 260 acre site and after processing with no GCPs in the solution my x,y,z were all under 0.1' as checked with 20 check points. That would not have been the case if it was not writing the precise geodetic data to the image files.
2022-7-5
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

JesseG Posted at 7-5 08:10
I can confirm that it does in fact receive the precise timestamping just like the 35mm lens does.  All PPK and timestamp files are also created. [view_image] I recently flew a 260 acre site and after processing with no GCPs in the solution my x,y,z were all under 0.1' as checked with 20 check points. That would not have been the case if it was not writing the precise geodetic data to the image files.

Thanks for this info!  I am ordering the 24mm X7 lens today.  I feel confident it will be perfect for my needs based on what you have shared.  It is ridiculous than DJI has not made the "P1 24mm" available!!  Thanks again for the post.
2022-8-10
Use props
fans0a0a92df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6251631 ft
Israel

FlyinLo Posted at 8-10 12:18
Thanks for this info!  I am ordering the 24mm X7 lens today.  I feel confident it will be perfect for my needs based on what you have shared.  It is ridiculous than DJI has not made the "P1 24mm" available!!  Thanks again for the post.

HI FlyinLo.

what do you think about the x7 24mm lens for P1?
do you have any experience?
I want to order such a lens and would love to hear from your experience,
in addition to what JesseG wrote.
thanks.
2022-8-15
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really replying to bump this thread back up and see what results others are getting from the x7 24mm lens.  Aerotas has produced this article saying that you should not use the x7 with the P1.  Thoughts?  Also, shame on DJI for not producing at the very least the 24mm P1 lens or answering anyone's questions in this thread.

https://www.aerotas.com/blog/whi ... -the-dji-zenmuse-p1
2022-8-22
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

CoastalCapt Posted at 8-22 08:17
Really replying to bump this thread back up and see what results others are getting from the x7 24mm lens.  Aerotas has produced this article saying that you should not use the x7 with the P1.  Thoughts?  Also, shame on DJI for not producing at the very least the 24mm P1 lens or answering anyone's questions in this thread.

https://www.aerotas.com/blog/which-lenses-work-with-the-dji-zenmuse-p1

It's unclear...some say good, others say not good.

As far as my opinion counts :-) it's not marked as certified for DJI P1 so we don't use it. We are looking into the Gremsy payload : https://gremsy.com/products/pixy-sm so we can mount another camera and lenses.
2022-8-23
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

fans0a0a92df Posted at 8-15 20:51
HI FlyinLo.

what do you think about the x7 24mm lens for P1?

It has worked just fine.  DJI should be ashamed for not pulling all the false advertising on having the 24 and 50 mm lens made for the P1.  But the fact is the X7 24mm is working just fine.  I talked with someone else at the UAV expo who is using the 24 mm lens as well on the P1 with some excellent results.  He was using it a good bit for doing facade scans.  Sorry for the delayed response.
2022-9-24
Use props
YISHAY16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6251631 ft
Israel

FlyinLo Posted at 9-24 16:06
It has worked just fine.  DJI should be ashamed for not pulling all the false advertising on having the 24 and 50 mm lens made for the P1.  But the fact is the X7 24mm is working just fine.  I talked with someone else at the UAV expo who is using the 24 mm lens as well on the P1 with some excellent results.  He was using it a good bit for doing facade scans.  Sorry for the delayed response.

Hey. Thank you very much. I bought a 24mm lens for my P1. The results are excellent. The accuracies are also excellent compared to the 35 mm lens. Less time in the field as well as data by about 50%.
2022-10-2
Use props
Amed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2214019 ft
Turkey

YISHAY16 Posted at 2022-10-2 21:08
Hey. Thank you very much. I bought a 24mm lens for my P1. The results are excellent. The accuracies are also excellent compared to the 35 mm lens. Less time in the field as well as data by about 50%.

Hello;
Have you done any calibration when using the x7 variant with the 24mm lens P1?
2023-1-28
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

Amed Posted at 1-28 03:34
Hello;
Have you done any calibration when using the x7 variant with the 24mm lens P1?

Since the last firmware, when adding a new lens it'll prompt you to calibrate.
2023-1-30
Use props
Ryan H.
lvl.2
United States

FlyinLo Posted at 2022-9-24 16:06
It has worked just fine.  DJI should be ashamed for not pulling all the false advertising on having the 24 and 50 mm lens made for the P1.  But the fact is the X7 24mm is working just fine.  I talked with someone else at the UAV expo who is using the 24 mm lens as well on the P1 with some excellent results.  He was using it a good bit for doing facade scans.  Sorry for the delayed response.

So the 24mm lens was working fine even before this firmware update? https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20220928.pdf

Have you or anyone you know tried the 16mm X7 lens?
2023-1-30
Use props
Amed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2214019 ft
Turkey

Ryan H. Posted at 1-30 16:01
So the 24mm lens was working fine even before this firmware update? https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Zenmuse_P1/20220928/DJI_P1_Release_Notes_en_20220928.pdf

Have you or anyone you know tried the 16mm X7 lens?

16mm never tried
2023-1-30
Use props
mehran gh
lvl.1

Germany

hi
I am really confused after all the research and reading!
Today (February 17, 2023) is there a clear answer to the question:

Is 24mm lens of x7 variant suitable for mapping with a dji p1 camera?

Some sites sell this lens for P1 camera. Some sites have written that this lens is not accurate enough for mapping, and some articles have mentioned the update of the DJI Pilot software and the improvement of the accuracy of using this lens...

All this confused me.

Is it possible to share the report of the processing software such as metashape or Pix4d or Context Capture when this lens was used in the flight?

Thanks for the help
2023-2-17
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

mehran gh Posted at 2-17 11:13
hi
I am really confused after all the research and reading!
Today (February 17, 2023) is there a clear answer to the question:

it's supported now see release notes :-)
2023-2-18
Use props
mehran gh
lvl.1

Germany

Arnor Posted at 2-18 05:16
it's supported now see release notes :-)

Thank you, I had read this file, but I had not paid attention. Great news!
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules