Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji mini 2: 3 and 4 battery LEDs blinking 3 times
23724 28 2022-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Israelks
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello, I was using my drone under normal conditions, after a month without using it my battery is no longer able to charge, I will send the video i've recorded

https://youtube.com/shorts/QYMfrEHZUMM?feature=share

Additional information:

I can turn on the drone, but I cant see the serial number of the battery anymore, also the battery is marking 0%, I did not over discharged the battery, I always stop flying when the bettery reaches about 20%-30%, I tried using another battery I have, and the drone is able to charge this one without any problems

Also, I bought the standard version, and I cant try using the hub

Any suggestions?
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Israelks. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-4-6
Use props
nOxxxx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Flashing LEDs 3 and 4 means no SMBUS communication. The reason may be bent contacts 1 and 6 in the battery, or their contamination. It is also worth checking the contacts on the drone.
2022-4-6
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

nOxxxx Posted at 4-6 21:33
Flashing LEDs 3 and 4 means no SMBUS communication. The reason may be bent contacts 1 and 6 in the battery, or their contamination. It is also worth checking the contacts on the drone.

Thank you very much for your useful and straight-to-the-point explanation and help.
So different from the DJI staff's standard replies.
2022-4-6
Use props
mslavkovski
New

North Macedonia

Sorry for late response. It seems like answers from tech support are absolutely correct but totally useless. I got my drone recently and after flying it for longer period during the day I returned home and was downloading the content. Since the drone was powered on and not flying it caused overheating and automatic shut down after the content was downloaded. When I connected it to the charger the battery indicator started blinking for 3 times. I found this post and reading the answers got me worried. I googled a little bit more and discovered that this is due to battery overheating. Leaving it a side for some time resumes the charging.

So, no worries, just connect to the charger and leave it. Once the battery is cooled down it will resume charging.
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_xBM6dXHjWAoU
New

Canada

nOxxxx Posted at 4-6 21:33
Flashing LEDs 3 and 4 means no SMBUS communication. The reason may be bent contacts 1 and 6 in the battery, or their contamination. It is also worth checking the contacts on the drone.

Does 4 lights blinking 3 times also mean the battery died? My drone lost signal over water. Not sure if the battery is toast.
2022-10-30
Use props
AlexanderKgr
New
Flight distance : 14544 ft
Greece

i am facing the same issue.
what was the solution?
2023-1-14
Use props
DJIJorge
New

Mexico

Me too 4 lights binking 3 times.

Drone wont work with that battery.
Any advice
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_YnM3trDhc0FL
New

DR Congo

djiuser_xBM6dXHjWAoU Posted at 2022-10-30 19:50
Does 4 lights blinking 3 times also mean the battery died? My drone lost signal over water. Not sure if the battery is toast.

same problem
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_YiKrtmqTVDCl
New

Japan

The conductors on the battery or the drone might? Have oxidized when the drone fell into water and that might be the problem. I have the same problem too, I was flying over a water when I lost connection and it hit a branch and fell into the water, and after 30 minutes I recovered the drone, the the battery worked at the time, but after I got my drone fixed when I tried to use my battery and the error appeared. So I think the conductors oxidized over time after they got wet.
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_YiKrtmqTVDCl
New

Japan

djiuser_xBM6dXHjWAoU Posted at 2022-10-30 19:50

Your battery might be toast.
2023-4-24
Use props
Houston McFatter
New

United States

#3&4 LED lights blink in successions of three blinks while charging battery inside the drone. Drone will not power on at all. Battery has had all day to cool down so it can't be an overheating issue. Any help would be grateful
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Houston McFatter Posted at 7-12 14:45
#3&4 LED lights blink in successions of three blinks while charging battery inside the drone. Drone will not power on at all. Battery has had all day to cool down so it can't be an overheating issue. Any help would be grateful

Hi there. Have you already tried plugging the charger into a different power outlet or changing the charger, preferably with this specification:

2023-7-12
Use props
Ace Jensen
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-12 23:14
Hi there. Have you already tried plugging the charger into a different power outlet or changing the charger, preferably with this specification:

[view_image]
I have the same issue, led 3&4 blink 3 times per second when charging. It tried different outlets and charging cables. Next I tried plugging it in with the battery removed and it did the same thing, led 3 &4 flashed 3 times per second. Since it also does this with the battery installed, it must mean that the drone does not detect the battery. So i would like to know if I should replace my whole motherboard or if there's something else I can adjust in the internal electonics? I'm not super tech savy but I'll try anything before tossing this 2 month old and expensive drone away. I'm sure this isnt covered under manufacturer warranty. I wonder how much professional repair would cost
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ace Jensen Posted at 8-2 17:09
I have the same issue, led 3&4 blink 3 times per second when charging. It tried different outlets and charging cables. Next I tried plugging it in with the battery removed and it did the same thing, led 3 &4 flashed 3 times per second. Since it also does this with the battery installed, it must mean that the drone does not detect the battery. So i would like to know if I should replace my whole motherboard or if there's something else I can adjust in the internal electonics? I'm not super tech savy but I'll try anything before tossing this 2 month old and expensive drone away. I'm sure this isnt covered under manufacturer warranty. I wonder how much professional repair would cost

Hi there, Ace. If LED 3 and LED 4 blink three times and then turn off, then start blinking again and turn off. It's a battery communication error
Make sure the battery is inserted into the aircraft and installed firmly, and try to mount another functioning battery to the same aircraft, or mount the battery to another functioning aircraft, and then determine whether it is the aircraft or battery that is malfunctioning. Then send back the defective component. If unable to perform the above test, please send the battery and aircraft back together for diagnosis or repair. You can submit a repair request here. Once the drone and/or the battery are received, your unit will undergo damage assessment and then you will receive a quotation via email. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Thank you
2023-8-3
Use props
djiuser_QtvJBpyY5VSx
New

Czechia

I have a similar problem of all led blinking 3 times and then switching off on my mini 2, the battery has not been used for some time but all of my other fly more combo batteries are fine, can someone please tell me what happend?
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QtvJBpyY5VSx Posted at 8-11 06:42
I have a similar problem of all led blinking 3 times and then switching off on my mini 2, the battery has not been used for some time but all of my other fly more combo batteries are fine, can someone please tell me what happend?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Have you already tried leaving the battery charging for an hour? Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-12
Use props
smbishop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frustrating!  My controller would not charge.  I turned it on and left it until there were no lights.  Then, plugged it in overnight and all has been good.

2023-8-12
Use props
davedrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Just posting this for other peoples info really and a bit of a moan !

So I have now encountered major problem #2 with my brand new out of the box Mini 2 !!!!

Battery #3 won't charge !!!  Batteries #1 & #2 are good, taking a full charge either in the hub or directly into the drone, so this eliminates any dodgy or damaged battery connections on the drone itself, leading to a battery problem.

I've got the two blinking #3 & #4 LEDs when on charge.

I've obviously contacted DJI and I'm now going through the pain of their awfully polite string of responses before getting to some actions many emails down the line !!!  and the obligatory video uploadings !!!

I don't seem alone with the battery problem, here and YT seem littered with flyers having the same problem.

My only consolation is the drone cost £300 new, if DJI don't agree it's a battery problem then it's £50 for a new battery.  If I'd spent nearly £5k on a thermal or one of the other high end professional drones that cost the same as a small family car I'd be really annoyed !!!

IMHO I think it's a battery hibernation problem, probably caused by a slow boat trip from China and sitting in a UK retailers warehouse ?  but I will have to await DJI to answer that one.  (and why hasn't it affected batteries #1 & #2 which should be of the same age and made the same journey ?)

I'm sure there are many hundreds and thousands of satisfied DJI customers that have had no problems but there seems a lot with problems.
2023-9-17
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

@ davefrone

I've obviously contacted DJI and I'm now going through the pain of their  awfully polite string of responses
before getting to some actions many  emails down the line !!!  And the obligatory video uploadings !!!

I also find it very exhausting and time consuming to go through these standard answers

2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_mbbQqxtULGRt
lvl.2

United States

Hi everyone,
Issue with my mini 2 when I plug the battery to the drone with doing it’s at start up I get no battery inductor light ok my phone it stay red.also I have two flashing lights on my drone #3 and 4. Any help would be appreciated.
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mbbQqxtULGRt Posted at 9-24 12:58
Hi everyone,
Issue with my mini 2 when I plug the battery to the drone with doing it’s at start up I get no battery inductor light ok my phone it stay red.also I have two flashing lights on my drone #3 and 4. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. If LED 3 and LED 4 blink three times and then turn off, then start blinking again and turn off, make sure the battery is inserted into the aircraft and installed firmly. If you have extra batteries, please try using it and see if it will have the same outcome. Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-25
Use props
djiuser_vguT59mOcnit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82415 ft
United States

I just purchased a DJI Mini 2 SE. Batteries 1 and 3 work fine and charged fully. Battery 2 will not charge and LED lights #3 and 4 flash 3 times per second every second. I have tried different chargers, charging in the drone, different charging cables and blocks, leaving in the charger for over an hour and so no. This issue will not resolve itself. This is frustrating, time consuming and at the end of the day is going to cost me money for a faulty DJI product.... and 3 weeks of down time if i send it into DJI repairs!
1-2 12:23
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

djiuser_vguT59mOcnit Posted at 1-2 12:23
I just purchased a DJI Mini 2 SE. Batteries 1 and 3 work fine and charged fully. Battery 2 will not charge and LED lights #3 and 4 flash 3 times per second every second. I have tried different chargers, charging in the drone, different charging cables and blocks, leaving in the charger for over an hour and so no. This issue will not resolve itself. This is frustrating, time consuming and at the end of the day is going to cost me money for a faulty DJI product.... and 3 weeks of down time if i send it into DJI repairs!

Why would it be 3 weeks downtime if you have 2 other batteries that are fine?

You could send the faulty battery back and use the other 2 while waiting for the replacement. If you just bought it, it should still be on warranty and won't cost you anything at all.
1-3 07:51
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:06
Use props
Tim Peterson5
lvl.2

United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-3 07:51
Why would it be 3 weeks downtime if you have 2 other batteries that are fine?

You could send the faulty battery back and use the other 2 while waiting for the replacement. If you just bought it, it should still be on warranty and won't cost you anything at all.

Im having  the same issue,new never flown craft yet,#4 lead keeps flashing in cradle,m3 craft using smart phone charger,flight pkg came with charging hub but no charger and two extra batteries  that wont top off,guessing  i need a dji power block,yes?
2-18 14:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tim Peterson5 Posted at 2-18 14:42
Im having  the same issue,new never flown craft yet,#4 lead keeps flashing in cradle,m3 craft using smart phone charger,flight pkg came with charging hub but no charger and two extra batteries  that wont top off,guessing  i need a dji power block,yes?

Hi there. If yours only flashes the fourth LED, and it blinks twice per second, it means the charging temperature is too low. The charging temperature is too high if it blinks three times per second.  To protect itself, the Mavic 3 battery only charges when the temperature is between 5° and 40° C. Have a nice day.
2-18 21:07
Use props
Hollis Hanover
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-18 21:07
Hi there. If yours only flashes the fourth LED, and it blinks twice per second, it means the charging temperature is too low. The charging temperature is too high if it blinks three times per second.  To protect itself, the Mavic 3 battery only charges when the temperature is between 5° and 40° C. Have a nice day.

See? All I had to do was read the whole thread and there was my answer. Patience. Got to keep learning about that.
4-14 10:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hollis Hanover Posted at 4-14 10:34
See? All I had to do was read the whole thread and there was my answer. Patience. Got to keep learning about that.

We're glad you already got your answer. Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. We are more than glad to help. Have a nice day.
4-15 03:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules