DJI Action 2 Keeps Disconnecting when transferring via USB
6041 35 2022-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
findingvmo
lvl.3
Canada

I'm experiencing issues when connecting the camera to my Mac via a USB connection. It seems to frequently disconnecting by itself.

Device has the latest firmware update, and I've tried multiple USB cables.

Any clues?
Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 23.43.17.png
2022-4-6
Use props
Wilson 000
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hello, hope my answer can help you~
You can try to use the SD card reader to make a copy of the material.
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check whether your front-screen module or power module has been attached properly? Please try to reattach the module and see whether it works.
2022-4-7
Use props
findingvmo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-7 01:06
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check whether your front-screen module or power module has been attached properly? Please try to reattach the module and see whether it works.

Hi DJI Wanda,

The module is properly seated and locked in by the magnet and clips. There is maybe about 0.5mm - 1mm of movement between the two units but it can't purposefully disrupt the connection by jiggling it. It seems to disconnect completely by itself when untouched. The back of the camera screen also doesn't seem to read a loss of connection.

@Wilson 000, Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next as a temporary workaround, but ideally, I'd rather the product function as intended and not for to me add an extra step to my workflow.
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

findingvmo Posted at 4-7 09:33
Hi DJI Wanda,

The module is properly seated and locked in by the magnet and clips. There is maybe about 0.5mm - 1mm of movement between the two units but it can't purposefully disrupt the connection by jiggling it. It seems to disconnect completely by itself when untouched. The back of the camera screen also doesn't seem to read a loss of connection.

Hi, there. Thanks for your reply. May we know your computer system and the firmware version of DJI Action2?
2022-4-7
Use props
findingvmo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-7 18:19
Hi, there. Thanks for your reply. May we know your computer system and the firmware version of DJI Action2?

Thanks,

Firmware Ver is:

Camera Firmware is: 10.00.36.09

Running a Macbook Pro with MacOS 12.2.1

2022-4-7
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

I had the same problems with an external hard drive and the solution was formatting the disk with mac's "disk utility" app, look for instructions on how to format an SD card, and then formatting the SD card internally with Action 2.
I see only ejects "untitled" disk but not the internal storage?
Also a good practice is to edit your Action 2 files not directly from the SD card but to secure them first copying it them into your computer, the reading speeds are much slower from the SD card, perhaps that may cause problems when editing heavy compressed high resolution video.
Don't discard it may be a virus thing of SDcard or software, I've had this Mac OS behaviour before Action 2, actually my A2 works perfectly fine since purchase, so the best is to format SDcard and start clean.
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

findingvmo Posted at 4-7 18:36
Thanks,

Firmware Ver is:

Hello, there. Thanks for your reply. May we double confirm that did you use the original cable than came within the box? If not, please use the original USB A to USB C cable to have a try.
2022-4-8
Use props
findingvmo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-8 02:37
Hello, there. Thanks for your reply. May we double confirm that did you use the original cable than came within the box? If not, please use the original USB A to USB C cable to have a try.

Yes, this was the brand new original DJI USB A to C cable that came packaged with the camera. I have the same issue when using alternative USB cables too.
2022-4-8
Use props
findingvmo
lvl.3
Canada

Isaac RC Posted at 4-7 23:44
I had the same problems with an external hard drive and the solution was formatting the disk with mac's "disk utility" app, look for instructions on how to format an SD card, and then formatting the SD card internally with Action 2.
I see only ejects "untitled" disk but not the internal storage?
Also a good practice is to edit your Action 2 files not directly from the SD card but to secure them first copying it them into your computer, the reading speeds are much slower from the SD card, perhaps that may cause problems when editing heavy compressed high resolution video.

Thanks for the advice. It seems to have no issues transferring data from internal to SD Card. It's only when I transfer from internal storage to the Mac via USB. I won't be recording directly to SD Card as I'm mounting the camera without the power module unit to a drone to film.

I attempted to format the Internal storage using Disk Utilities to various formats, but each time it would read 0GB available storage on the camera.
2022-4-8
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Oh I didn't mean formatting the internal camera module from Disk Utilities, not sure if that's even safe, I meant formatting the "untitled" sd card , not internal storage, with the computer's Disk Utility and then formatting another time within the camera menu, if you look it gives a formatting option.
Notes: in Disk Utilities depending on your sdcard GB storage you should select one or another format model, exfat or a second option, never remember the names. Then under security options give it at least 2 or more passes to be sure.
Formatting within the Action 2 camera menu for a second time then ensures the Sd card or the internal storage are structured how it's supposed to for the camera to work properly.
Not sure but the computer formatting is mainly because the internal camera formatting may not be good enough so many passes are needed and that's where disk utility comes. But at the end always format with the Action 2 native formatting structure.
2022-4-8
Use props
zoroz
New

Austria

Hi,
I have same issue but on Windows 11. USB connection is constantly dropping/connecting, like every 2 seconds you hear sound that device is connected/disconnected.
This prevents me to use Action 2 as a webcam or transfer files.

I tried multiple cables, installed latest firmware, reconnecting battery module, but nothing helped (also, camera is not overheated)
2022-4-9
Use props
EWmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345860 ft
Sweden

Hey

I have exactly same problem but I’m on windows 10. Lost connection and reconnect every 5 seconds. Very annoying!
I don’t even have SD card in the camera. Same like webcam mode works better and no disconnected.

How do I fix this?
2022-7-3
Use props
vince.fpv
lvl.3
Canada

EWmedia Posted at 7-3 03:43
Hey

I have exactly same problem but I’m on windows 10. Lost connection and reconnect every 5 seconds. Very annoying!

Oddly it seems to be an issue with my Mac, but not on my girlfiend's laptop (running Windows 11). I've had to transfer video files from internal memory to Micro SD Card, and use the card slot to import files for editing. It's definitely an unnecessarily frustrating step in the workflow
2022-7-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mine won't connect to Windows 10 PC at all.  Everything else does.  Weird.
2022-7-3
Use props
Exit Strata
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4990 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem with Windows 10 - won't coonect.  Connected Action 2 with DJI USB cable, I get the connection sound but as soon as I tap on 'File transfer' on the DJI Action 2 I get the Windows disconnect sound and I'm unable to access the camera's files.  Interestingly, using a friends laptop with Windows 11 installed works fine.

PC Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19044 (build 19044)

DELL laptop Windows 11 Home version 21H2 (build 22000.778)
2022-7-16
Use props
MDUBZ
New

United States

Getting the same problem on Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19044.1889. It works fine on a laptop with Windows 11. Wish there was DJI Action 2 Software for the PC too, not just phone.
2022-8-24
Use props
fanse477fdb1
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have exactly the same issue: connecting / disconnecting. I've used the original cable, tried others as well. No results. It's frustrating, I can't extract files from my camera. Even worse ... when trying to export files from internal storage to card, they were all lost in the process. Please help me to 'stabilize' the connection between camera and Mac.
2022-9-25
Use props
Zarkost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66739 ft
Serbia

One more with same problem. Camera is conected, and when transfer begin, in the middle of transfer, conection is lost, and then again reconected, but files that trasfered in that moment, cannon finish transfer. Same thing with different cables.
2022-10-30
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

Zarkost Posted at 10-30 05:03
One more with same problem. Camera is conected, and when transfer begin, in the middle of transfer, conection is lost, and then again reconected, but files that trasfered in that moment, cannon finish transfer. Same thing with different cables.

I had troubles connecting to a windows pc once, which went away after restarting the pc.

You can also check if the pins on the battery/screen module make good contact with the lens module. If it is a pin not touching the contact properly, maybe turning the camera upside down can help?  
2022-10-31
Use props
Zarkost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66739 ft
Serbia

Today I transfered videos without problem with cable that I receive with DJI original cable.
2022-11-2
Use props
THAMWF
New

Singapore

Hi. Is there a problem or is it very slow when transferring files from the camera module to the power module SD card.
2022-11-6
Use props
vince.fpv
lvl.3
Canada

THAMWF Posted at 11-6 19:44
Hi. Is there a problem or is it very slow when transferring files from the camera module to the power module SD card.

A few mac users have reported issues transferring video files off the main camera unit when connecting via the supplied USB-C cable to the battery unit.

The only workaround is to copy video files from the camera to a Micro SD Card inserted in the battery unit and then copy from the micro SD card via an adapter & card reader. It's not the worst thing ever, but it does add an extra step to my workflow, and I think we'd all prefer it to function as intended.
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, we are sorry to know about the disconnection issue you encountered. Could you please reproduce this issue and then export the log for our further analysis?
1. Please reproduce the abnormal process:
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
3. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module. Connect to DJI Action 2 and a computer using a USB-cable.
4. Select “File Transfer” on the DJI Action 2 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the DJI Action 2 (internal storage).
5. Then export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zipfile back for analysis and confirmation (Also tell us the time point when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position).
2022-11-8
Use props
vince.fpv
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-8 03:08
Hi guys, we are sorry to know about the disconnection issue you encountered. Could you please reproduce this issue and then export the log for our further analysis?
1. Please reproduce the abnormal process:
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.

Thanks for addressing this.

I have the logs ready to send. How can I send them to you?
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vince.fpv Posted at 11-8 13:06
Thanks for addressing this.

I have the logs ready to send. How can I send them to you?

Thanks. You can upload the log to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the link here.
2022-11-9
Use props
vince.fpv
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-9 05:38
Thanks. You can upload the log to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the link here.

Thanks. The link is below. Disconnection error occurred on Nov 8th, 2022, around 15:10.

Log Files -
2022-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vince.fpv Posted at 11-10 10:52
Thanks. The link is below. Disconnection error occurred on Nov 8th, 2022, around 15:10.

Log Files -

thanks. But this seems to require permission. Could you change the settings and send us the open link?
2022-11-10
Use props
vince.fpv
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-10 22:40
thanks. But this seems to require permission. Could you change the settings and send us the open link?

I changed the permissions a while back. Let me know if you still have problems accessing
2022-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

vince.fpv Posted at 12-2 12:20
I changed the permissions a while back. Let me know if you still have problems accessing

Thanks, we are able to download the log and we will forward it to our engineer for further analysis.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_HJ3CImYh1aly
New

United States

Hi, is there a resolution to this problem yet? I am still having this problem. Thank you.
2023-2-1
Use props
fans5fe36733
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello Same Issue Here. Windows 10 22H2. DJI Action cam 2 on latest firmware using DJI provided cable.

Makes using this camera impossible please fix!
2023-5-18
Use props
fans5fe36733
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2022-12-3 01:23
Thanks, we are able to download the log and we will forward it to our engineer for further analysis.

Hello Same Issue Here. Windows 10 22H2. DJI Action cam 2 on latest firmware using DJI provided cable.

2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5fe36733 Posted at 5-18 10:40

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean your Action 2 also frequently keep connecting and disconnecting from the computer when transferring data? If possible, could you please test with another cable and computer to see if the issue still exists?
2023-5-20
Use props
EdRocket
New
Peru

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with my Action 2. When I connect it via DJI USB cable and turn on the Action 2, it shows the menu to select File Transfer.  After pressing this option, it starts to "think" for a several seconds and then it turns on the camera.  So, I can't export files from internal memory to my Mac mini M1.  Unfortunately, it's not the only issue.  Sometimes, the camera doesn't recognize the external SD Card so I have to use the internal memory (I format it several times and I found a YouTube video to do some actions to recognize the external SD Card).  Is there any solution for it?  Can I apply to DJI Care? The Action 2 is with the latest firmware update.
2023-6-19
Use props
JattyThomas0121
lvl.2

India

EdRocket Posted at 6-19 11:10
Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with my Action 2. When I connect it via DJI USB cable and turn on the Action 2, it shows the menu to select File Transfer.  After pressing this option, it starts to "think" for a several seconds and then it turns on the camera.  So, I can't export files from internal memory to my Mac mini M1.  Unfortunately, it's not the only issue.  Sometimes, the camera doesn't recognize the external SD Card so I have to use the internal memory (I format it several times and I found a YouTube video to do some actions to recognize the external SD Card).  Is there any solution for it?  Can I apply to DJI Care? The Action 2 is with the latest firmware update.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by modifying the registry. https://thegeekpage.com/network- ... -in-windows-10-fix/
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules