Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tornado12 Posted at 4-7 06:50
sorry but you are just wrong here. Drastically wrong. You are either completely not aware of what is going on here, and what this whole thread is talking about, or you just have a lot of inexperience in how a forum community should be managed. You do not just take a hands off approach to an online community and let it turn into a circus. One of the members causing problems has already been banned an unknown amount of times, but it is in the dozens. They keep coming back. I advocate making changes to enforce that ban sticks, by rebanning immediately rather than days after he returns. At present the moderators are taking too long to identify this member and ban them again - so it is an issue of time. The behavior I am talking about targeting is already against the guidelines of this forum. I am simply advocating enforcing it. You seem to want to advocate that the moderators ignore the guidelines of the forum, and allow people to fight, bicker, spam, troll, do whatever they want in the name of "freedom" or something. No, sorry, but that is not how any good forum is managed. You have guidelines (as this forum already does). Those guidelines are in place to foster an online space where good, constructive conversation, debate, and other dialogue can take place in an organised manner. If a member violates the guidlines there is a set of consequences that are predetermined. Typically it starts with a basic warning in PM, just to encourage a member to do better. In the case here htough we are WAY past that stage. As I said one member in particular has already been banned dozens of times....so the admins already want him gone. The problem is he keeps coming back, and the admins are not able to reban him quickly enough, so he sits here for days and does the same show over and over before he is eventually banned again. That reban time needs to go from days to minutes. They also need to explore ways to make the ban permanent, or add more teeth to a ban. Advocating for the guidelines to be enforced is not radical, it is basic forum management. If you still dont understand that then you are just wrong. Your opinion would change if you ever had to run something like an online community. You can NOT run one with no rules and no consequences for bad behaviour. You will end up with a few bullies who sit on the forum all day and dominate to the point that they actually run the forum and not you. You allow a power vacuum to form when there is no moderation, and what happens is certain members will start to build their own little cult following on the forum and rule by intimidation, manipulation, bullying, and aggressive tactics. Proper forum moderation is not just important, it is critical to the survival of an online community like this.

Also just to correct you on a few points. My photography community was not a private clubroom for invited guests only. It was 100% open to the public. Just make an account and and join the conversation. My website was also featured in a professional photography magazine in europe by one of their editors, where they wrote an article about our community and what we were doing. What I created was a website where you could post your photographs, and have other photographers rate, comment, and critique your photography. Over time we had tons of peoples photography in our database, and we then done like top 10 awards, and ran other contests and themes and things. It was a big community driven website, with lots of fun ways to engage. Part of our website was also a very active forum. I had off topic forums that were very active. We allowed people to talk about politics, religion, and all sorts of topics that were not even photography related. I am a huge advocate of free speech. I allowed all of that discussion. What I did NOT allow was for one, or a handful of members to take over my website with their toxicity and negativity. I am talking about people who nearly every post they made was aggressive, trolling, attacking someone personally, etc. You can not allow this crap to just go unchecked. I quickly was able to identify bad apples in my community based on very clear and visible evidence, and took swift hard action against them. Because of this, I actually was able to foster MORE free speech and discussion, because I didn't have a group of forum bullies trolling around nonstop all day attacking other members for their posts and ideas. What you fail to realize Saint is that if you dont enforce your guidlines, you actually end up with much less of the freedom you seem to want to advocate. You will also lose a huge amount of your members, often times your best members in the community will leave, because they simply wont invest their time and energy in a community that is overrun with toxicity and trolls. They will just go find somewhere else to invest their time. I was running this website out of my own pocket and spending at least 40 hours per week in development and management of the site. It was a labor of love for me largely. You better believe I wasnt going to let a handful of trolls destroy that, and that is exactly what would happen if you had tried to do what I did and just didn't enforce any rules. You have to enforce your rules. Period.

Far too much to read
2022-4-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 4-7 07:26
"policing conduct on a forum eventually leads to policing speech."

Totally agree
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

My Good Friends. I created this thread because of all the commotion that is going on in this forum that takes this forum from a Drone Forum to a personal battle field sometimes. Unfortunately this thread did not have the desired affect I hoped it would by creating unity, it seems to be creating divide. I have been hounded throughout my work day, even now by constant harassing private messages by Hallmark, thinking that I created this thread just to get back at him. I want to Say this Clearly, I have no vendetta against you Hallmark and I used to have alot of respect for you. You had helped me and taught me alot over the 6 years I hav been here and I will still use what I have learned from you BUT you have let your personal feud between YOU and NGC, cloud your judgement causing alot of issues on here. I actually feel sorry for you at this stage. I you feel that this thread was directed at you, then I must humbly Apologies but know that it was not created and pointed at you solely but everyone here who refuses to listen to reason, including myself sometimes. I have never, on this forum started an argument with any person here unless provoked first, it is not in my Nature to be like that but I will defend myself when someone provokes me. If doing that is wrong, then maybe I am the fool. Many have sent me private messages today, here and in the other forum saying this thread was a great idea, many have posted here saying this was a great idea and it about time the Childish behaviour stops but ALAS it seems that it will never end.

I again thank you all for your support in this thread and in the past.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

@ADMIN, can you please lock this thread if at all possible, thank you
2022-4-7
Use props
wittmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667408 ft
Australia

Suren Posted at 4-7 23:18
@ADMIN, can you please lock this thread if at all possible, thank you

Frankly this forum is the last place I'd look for credible information regardless (and in also in regard of) of the self promoting personalities trying to dominate here.  For goodness sake just lock the entire freakin forum.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
2022-4-8
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566804 ft
United States

There is a great amount of useful information here and I for one value it greatly. I read it daily and stay inform about firmware updates and other topics.

In any forum, as in any group of people, there will always be different opinions. The problem is that people take it too far and since there is no strong or consistent moderation and oversight things get bad quickly.  

Some members have proven that they cannot self control so I agree that a zero tolerance policy needs to be implemented and enforced to bring this forum back on topic and keep the personal attacks and political discussions at bay. On other forums with strong moderation these types of threads get quickly relocated to a sub forum that is positioned accordingly for such debate that people can or cannot read and therefor leave the main forum on topic. It’s sad that it’s the current state of society today but it’s everywhere right now and the aggression and division is getting worse by the day.
2022-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 10:56
Thanks for the support mate

My pleasure Suren.  
2022-4-8
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Well after reading this thread, I've determined this all a lost cause amongst the members. I hope one day the admins do step up more, but it seems some people cant even agree on who the problem makers are on here, and that is just baffling to me. I have no ties here. I joined in December. I quickly noticed a pattern among certain members. Some days I noticed every single thread created in that day had been derailed with the same fighting, amongst the same few members. This persists all they way up to today. After a while of seeing it I began to speak up about it. I spoke much more about it in this thread. Its clear that the members of this small community cant agree on anything - even who and where the problems are. If you cant identify a problem you will never fix it. Honestly Im not really surprised by that, as members of a forum typically are just all over the place in their perspectives of any given situation. I don't have a lot of faith though in the admins stepping up here. This forum is not a hugely important part of their job I suspect. I hope for the forum sake that the admins see this with much clearer eyes than the members here do though, and that they will eventually step up.

With that said, I have decided I wont be posting much here anymore, and may just not come back at all. If I want to post in a forum about drones I will use Mavic Pilots. I just don't get anything out of this forum aside from being annoyed every time I visit and have to sift through the same crap every time to find useful threads to try and post in. My time can be better spent elsewhere.
2022-4-8
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 4-8 05:06
Well after reading this thread, I've determined this all a lost cause amongst the members. I hope one day the admins do step up more, but it seems some people cant even agree on who the problem makers are on here, and that is just baffling to me. I have no ties here. I joined in December. I quickly noticed a pattern among certain members. Some days I noticed every single thread created in that day had been derailed with the same fighting, amongst the same few members. This persists all they way up to today. After a while of seeing it I began to speak up about it. I spoke much more about it in this thread. Its clear that the members of this small community cant agree on anything - even who and where the problems are. If you cant identify a problem you will never fix it. Honestly Im not really surprised by that, as members of a forum typically are just all over the place in their perspectives of any given situation. I don't have a lot of faith though in the admins stepping up here. This forum is not a hugely important part of their job I suspect. I hope for the forum sake that the admins see this with much clearer eyes than the members here do though, and that they will eventually step up.

With that said, I have decided I wont be posting much here anymore, and may just not come back at all. If I want to post in a forum about drones I will use Mavic Pilots. I just don't get anything out of this forum aside from being annoyed every time I visit and have to sift through the same crap every time to find useful threads to try and post in. My time can be better spent elsewhere.

I think I'm going to join you Tornado12, for similar (but not exactly) the same reasons.

I've been thinking about abandoning my participation for a while now, but I felt that leaving would only facilitate the insane clown posse's goals of wrecking these forums by sewing chaos and dissention, and I didn't want to let that happen.

But others on these forums (people of whom I greatly respect) decided on a different approach.  I believe you are genuinely interested in making these forums better.  I will state here now, diplomacy abandoned:  You included among your targets the wrong individual, and you have energized the poison.  I do not support this approach, and I cannot participate in it.

I hope the forums improve, and maybe by me leaving they will improve.  Even though I do not support your approach, I hope it works.  Good luck.

2022-4-8
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Suren, I agree with what you are saying and some people on here need to be more civil tongued or banned, I myself try to move on, passed some of the crap that is some times posted, More active moderators maybe, as long as it don't lead to a nanny state of affairs.
2022-4-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really enjoy the camraderie that exists.  When not watching the tennis game of people going back and forth, I do enjoy learning from others, the videos they post, and the questions asked and answered.  In the short time I have been on the forum I have met some really amazing people.  Currently there does seem to be a distraction of personalities, but if can keep threads on track that is good enough for me.

Between learning things from others, fixing a few problems, and sharing some thoughts, I have really enjoyed the forum overall.  There is great value in both the vendor provided forum as well as things like enthusiast based forums like mavicpilots.  Maybe what we really need is a sunny day with great scenery and everybody puts the keyboard down and we fly some drones together.  
2022-4-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TonyPHX Posted at 4-8 06:12
I really enjoy the camraderie that exists.  When not watching the tennis game of people going back and forth, I do enjoy learning from others, the videos they post, and the questions asked and answered.  In the short time I have been on the forum I have met some really amazing people.  Currently there does seem to be a distraction of personalities, but if can keep threads on track that is good enough for me.

Between learning things from others, fixing a few problems, and sharing some thoughts, I have really enjoyed the forum overall.  There is great value in both the vendor provided forum as well as things like enthusiast based forums like mavicpilots.  Maybe what we really need is a sunny day with great scenery and everybody puts the keyboard down and we fly some drones together.

Agree with you TonyPHX.  I started coming here years ago when I bought my first phantom 2 drone. I really enjoy hearing other users experience and further increasing my own knowledge in the hobby and reviewing other members content.
It's just really unfortunate that some members behave the way they do and ruin what was a good thing.
I think we may loose some good members as a result.
2022-4-8
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 4-8 05:45
I think I'm going to join you Tornado12, for similar (but not exactly) the same reasons.

I've been thinking about abandoning my participation for a while now, but I felt that leaving would only facilitate the insane clown posse's goals of wrecking these forums by sewing chaos and dissention, and I didn't want to let that happen.

I will PM you Charles regarding this. Please check your PMs.
2022-4-8
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well after reading this thread, I've determined this all a lost cause amongst the members. I hope one day the admins do step up more, but it seems some people cant even agree on who the problem makers are on here, and that is just baffling to me. I have no ties here. I joined in December. I quickly noticed a pattern among certain members. Some days I noticed every single thread created in that day had been derailed with the same fighting, amongst the same few members. This persists all they way up to today. After a while of seeing it I began to speak up about it. I spoke much more about it in this thread. Its clear that the members of this small community cant agree on anything - even who and where the problems are. If you cant identify a problem you will never fix it. Honestly Im not really surprised by that, as members of a forum typically are just all over the place in their perspectives of any given situation. I don't have a lot of faith though in the admins stepping up here. This forum is not a hugely important part of their job I suspect. I hope for the forum sake that the admins see this with much clearer eyes than the members here do though, and that they will eventually step up.

I have read some of your posts and although long it makes sense. Too many people on here take things too personal. There is much more out there to enjoy.
2022-4-8
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

I am on mavicpilots,its nothing like this.
2022-4-8
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
United States

I fully agree with you but am considering going over to the other forum and leaving here.
2022-4-8
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326191 ft

Hong Kong

Suren Posted at 4-7 23:17
My Good Friends. I created this thread because of all the commotion that is going on in this forum that takes this forum from a Drone Forum to a personal battle field sometimes. Unfortunately this thread did not have the desired affect I hoped it would by creating unity, it seems to be creating divide. I have been hounded throughout my work day, even now by constant harassing private messages by Hallmark, thinking that I created this thread just to get back at him. I want to Say this Clearly, I have no vendetta against you Hallmark and I used to have alot of respect for you. You had helped me and taught me alot over the 6 years I hav been here and I will still use what I have learned from you BUT you have let your personal feud between YOU and NGC, cloud your judgement causing alot of issues on here. I actually feel sorry for you at this stage. I you feel that this thread was directed at you, then I must humbly Apologies but know that it was not created and pointed at you solely but everyone here who refuses to listen to reason, including myself sometimes. I have never, on this forum started an argument with any person here unless provoked first, it is not in my Nature to be like that but I will defend myself when someone provokes me. If doing that is wrong, then maybe I am the fool. Many have sent me private messages today, here and in the other forum saying this thread was a great idea, many have posted here saying this was a great idea and it about time the Childish behaviour stops but ALAS it seems that it will never end.

I have been hounded throughout my work day, even now by constant harassing private messages by Hallmark, thinking that I created this thread just to get back at him

And you obviously deserve it. Now be gone demon spawn
2022-4-9
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2

Hong Kong

#1hobby Posted at 4-8 13:59
I fully agree with you but am considering going over to the other forum and leaving here.

Then you are just as big a fool as that lunatic
2022-4-9
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Tornado12 Posted at 4-8 08:03
I will PM you Charles regarding this. Please check your PMs.

Don't do secret messages, post your nonsense for all to read.  You guys supporting a fool.
2022-4-9
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Visual Air Posted at 4-7 17:59
Hi Suren.
This is not really setting an example and is now becoming contradictory. Let's be honest since NGC came to this forum he has turned it toxic. I do think that your opinion of him is biased simply because he gave you back doored firmware. Sorry no offence.
I truly believe a permanent ban for him is what is needed by the forum moderators and only then will there be healthy dialogue.

Agreed, Both those guys should be banned for life. They provide no substantive help on here except to corrupt threads. Both should be reported as Trolls. Why create a thread asking for the Admin to interfere when he is giving the Troll ammunition to carry on.
2022-4-9
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TopDrones Posted at 4-9 00:49
Agreed, Both those guys should be banned for life. They provide no substantive help on here except to corrupt threads. Both should be reported as Trolls. Why create a thread asking for the Admin to interfere when he is giving the Troll ammunition to carry on.

Again, thank you and God bless you
2022-4-9
Use props
Dronezee
Banned
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-9
Use props
Dronezee
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-9
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
United States

TopDrones Posted at 4-9 00:45
Then you are just as big a fool as that lunatic

Was that actually called for,no it was not am I right
2022-4-9
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
United States

Dronezee Posted at 4-9 04:40
You say don’t troll by trolling? The irony is kind of funny.

I think there is some kind of competition going on here.
2022-4-9
Use props
Dronezee
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-9
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
United States

Dronezee Posted at 4-9 16:02
Correct. It was uncalled for by him.

I did nothing wrong
2022-4-9
Use props
Dronezee
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-9
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631014 ft
United States

Like many (most?) of you, I came to the DJI Forum seeking to benefit from the experience and expertise of the members:  you folks. And, I have found that from time to time. However, it is evident that differences of opinion become personal very quickly here, leading threads dealing with real drone questions or issues to quickly become a cesspool of personal attacks and bickering.  Others, including Suren, have pointed out that this kind of behavior is rare on the Mavic Pilots forum, which is consistent with my experience there.  In poking around other DJI Forum topics, such negative behavior seems to be rare there also. It appears to be mostly the Mavic 3 disucssions that turn south so quickly.  Maybe it's because so many people come here already grumpy about the M3 issues they have experienced.  In any event I, for one, am joining others who are giving the Mavic 3 forum a rest for a bit in the hope it can somehow return to a collegial and professional place to learn and share.  Increased moderation may help, but then so would self-control.
2022-4-9
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
United States

Dronezee Posted at 4-9 16:53
You didn’t. I was referring to TopDrones.

i know what you meant
Have a good one
2022-4-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps some people are to sensitive
2022-4-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Good Friends. I created this thread because of all the commotion that is going on in this forum that takes this forum from a Drone Forum to a personal battle field sometimes. Unfortunately this thread did not have the desired affect I hoped it would by creating unity, it seems to be creating divide. I have been hounded throughout my work day, even now by constant harassing private messages by Hallmark, thinking that I created this thread just to get back at him. I want to Say this Clearly, I have no vendetta against you Hallmark and I used to have alot of respect for you. You had helped me and taught me alot over the 6 years I hav been here and I will still use what I have learned from you BUT you have let your personal feud between YOU and NGC, cloud your judgement causing alot of issues on here. I actually feel sorry for you at this stage. I you feel that this thread was directed at you, then I must humbly Apologies but know that it was not created and pointed at you solely but everyone here who refuses to listen to reason, including myself sometimes. I have never, on this forum started an argument with any person here unless provoked first, it is not in my Nature to be like that but I will defend myself when someone provokes me. If doing that is wrong, then maybe I am the fool. Many have sent me private messages today, here and in the other forum saying this thread was a great idea, many have posted here saying this was a great idea and it about time the Childish behaviour stops but ALAS it seems that it will never end.

Why do you have this on during your work day shouldn’t you switch it off and work
2022-4-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting Hallmark thought it was aimed at him. If the cap fits wear it
2022-4-9
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-9 21:04
Why do you have this on during your work day shouldn’t you switch it off and work

Benefits of sitting alone in the office and getting bored with no one to talk to. All staff out in the field.
2022-4-9
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Why thank you Troll
2022-4-10
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Dronezee Posted at 4-9 04:40
You say don’t troll by trolling? The irony is kind of funny.

You should lead by example then.
2022-4-10
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2

Hong Kong

#DroneTech Posted at 4-9 01:30
Again, thank you and God bless you

I am truely blessed then
2022-4-10
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Why thank you
2022-4-10
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

He is blessed with insanity maybe.
2022-4-10
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-7 12:37
Suren, if fish do not respond to bait the angler will eventually leave...........empty handed.

The problem seems to be that a few always feel the need to have the last word...then so on and so on....................................
2022-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules