9142 248 2022-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thank you all for the support on this thread. This goes to show that we all are getting tired of the fighting going on. To move forward we need to have restraint and if we try to assist anyone and they get arrogant, then ignore them and leave the thread. That is what I am going to do going forward. If someone does not want your help, leave it. Some people just come on here to rant, they spent their money on the Dji products and if it does not work for them, they have their consumer right to rant at Dji, we should give them that and leave it well alone. I would like to see us all work together in enjoying this hobby of ours. Yes, I like a few others spend time on here but people should not be judged by that, nor should they be judged by association. Who ever we communicate with or talk to is not who we are, we are individuals who make our own decisions  and others do not control or lead us. I enjoyed this forum and still do, it makes me feel like I have visited and toured the world watching all these amazing videos from around the globe and seeing these beautiful pictures. Lets get back to that vibrant spirit of things and leave the demons behind.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 4-7 11:16
Why are you talking with the banned members new account? Suren whether or not you want to admit it, you are part of the problem. You are replying to snoopy2 when you should simply ignore him and report . Like tornado says, the cancer needs to be cut out. However, you are talking to the cancer like they are a rational forum member acting in good faith. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you had not yet figured out you were responding to the troll here.

You see, this is exactly what this thread is about and off you go, off topic. Can this bickering please stop
2022-4-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 11:25
You see, this is exactly what this thread is about and off you go, off topic. Can this bickering please stop

I am not bickering. Just participating in healthy debate. I made a good point.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-7 11:04
you can create a thread and report it
I have done that myself a while ago.

I agree.    .
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 4-7 11:26

You are picking on who I associate with which is entirely my issues. That is not welcome and does not define the person I am. Lets leave it at that, shall we.
2022-4-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 4-7 11:26

Not a good point at all. Just like your twin, you dismiss anyone who disagrees with you. We ALL have good input, the best thing for you, I and the others is to IGNORE those people. Why incite when you can help. Calling forum members liars is NOT helping!!!
2022-4-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 11:29
You are picking on who I associate with which is entirely my issues. That is not welcome and does not define the person I am. Lets leave it at that, shall we.

You started a thread where users are rallying around permanently banning a users IP who keeps creating new accounts to troll with.  However, you are acting like you want him here and are defending your choice to associate with him. Even though, he is one of the main reasons we have issues on the forum. Do you not see the irony in that? It's like if someone was trying to lose weight; but, got offended when someone told them they might have better luck if they ate less junk food. Junk food "high calorie fat foods"  are an obvious obstacle to losing weight. Just like trolls are any obvious obstacle to a productive forum. I am just asking you to stop eating the junk food.
2022-4-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-7 11:29
Not a good point at all. Just like your twin, you dismiss anyone who disagrees with you. We ALL have good input, the best thing for you, I and the others is to IGNORE those people. Why incite when you can help. Calling forum members liars is NOT helping!!!

Not a good point in "your opinion" you literally dismissed me right there. never mind, you aren't even worth my response. You are calling me a twin for just giving an opposing opinion to Suren. You are a hypocrite. Look how angry your post is? I am literally sharing my honest opinion and you are yelling at me for it.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 4-7 11:32
You started a thread where users are rallying around permanently banning a users IP who keeps creating new accounts to troll with.  However, you are acting like you want him here and are defending your choice to associate with him. Even though, he is one of the main reasons we have issues on the forum. Do you not see the irony in that?

This thread was not started to only ban or warn NGC but everyone that Trolls and argues. Again i ask that you keep to this thread topic and leave who i associate with well alone. I honestly do not want to get into an argument with you, so leave it alone.
2022-4-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 11:48
This thread was not started to only ban or warn NGC but everyone that Trolls and argues. Again i ask that you keep to this thread topic and leave who i associate with well alone. I honestly do not want to get into an argument with you, so leave it alone.

You started the thread to promote a more productive forum. NGC is one of the biggest obstacles in doing that and many of the users who have commented on this thread agree with that. My opinions are relevant, you just disagree with them. I will continue to share my opinions on this thread and any other I feel like.

Thank you
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 4-7 11:51
You started the thread to promote a more productive forum. NGC is one of the biggest obstacles in doing that. My opinions are relevant, you just disagree with them. I will continue to share my opinions on this thread and any other I feel like.

Why are you solely focused on NGC? Does he affect your life or dictate how your daily routines run? if he does not please put him out of your mind as i am sure your life does not revolve around his postings and action and i am sure he does not worry about you.
2022-4-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 11:52
Why are you solely focused on NGC? Does he affect your life or dictate how your daily routines run? if he does not please put him out of your mind as i am sure your life does not revolve around his postings and action and i am sure he does not worry about you.

Because he is a major obstacle for these forums. And your op was about a more productive forum. Permanently banning his IP would have a positive effect on the forum. It is just one of many things that could be done. Others agree with me on this. I am not saying it is all that should be done, but it would help. I am sorry it wasn't on your pre-approved list for feedback you are willing to accept. Will you please answer this for me? Should trolls be allowed on forums or should they be permanently banned?
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 4-7 11:54
Because he is a major obstacle for these forums. And your op was about a more productive forum.

It is but you are making this thread unproductive by derailing it with your personal vendetta against NGC. Again i say please stop it. I have reported your posts to the Admins, just letting you know as you don't know when to leave something well alone. Your persistence reminds me of someone else on here and i am sure i can dig deeper into that if you want.
2022-4-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 11:57
It is but you are making this thread unproductive by derailing it with your personal vendetta against NGC. Again i say please stop it. I have reported your posts to the Admins, just letting you know as you don't know when to leave something well alone. Your persistence reminds me of someone else on here and i am sure i can dig deeper into that if you want.

It’s not a Vendeta.  It is just an honest opinion that you are mad at me for sharing on your op. Why wouldn't someone who wants a more productive forum advocate for permanently banning trolls? How is bringing up a valid point derailing anything? Trolls are bad for forums, let's perma ban trolls. Why is that so controversial to you? Report me all you want, they won't remove it. I am valid user who has been here almost a decade. Report me all you want buddy. I stand by what I say.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Unfortunately People, we cannot even have a thread that asks people to stop bickering and fighting because that thread turns into one. It is so sad that this has to happen. People like this give this forums a bad reputation. Those that call others trolls are trolls themselves as it takes one to recognize one.
2022-4-7
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

I may be in the minority, and granted I am not a Veteran of this forum, but personally i feel the mods are doing pretty good.  It is a fine balance between not enough and too much moderation.  They are doing the best they can.
2022-4-7
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

The simple answer is to make a ignore user button that way you don't even have to look at their posts .
But what makes anyone think that a forum associated to a company who can't even fix their own product issues, has any desire to better their forum? Especially when the majority of the "trouble makers" are just Fanboys of the product.
2022-4-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren, if fish do not respond to bait the angler will eventually leave...........empty handed.
2022-4-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GTS 350 Posted at 4-7 12:36
The simple answer is to make a ignore user button that way you don't even have to look at their posts .
But what makes anyone think that a forum associated to a company who can't even fix their own product issues, has any desire to better their forum? Especially when the majority of the "trouble makers" are just Fanboys of the product.

The problem with an ignore button is that the detrimental content is still there. Even if 'the ignorer' does not see it others do and that colours their opinion of the board etc. and in the case of those seeking understanding it colours their education. And yes I realise that that is also a problem with my 'fishing stories tale'.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-7 12:37
Suren, if fish do not respond to bait the angler will eventually leave...........empty handed.

I get that comment, thank you
2022-4-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

As soon as they make a drone that can carry me, I am buying it and going to flying around the rooftops all the time.  I will no longer be checking some of these maddening threads.  : )
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 4-7 13:21
As soon as they make a drone that can carry me, I am buying it and going to flying around the rooftops all the time.  I will no longer be checking some of these maddening threads.  : )

2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-7
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

StanMaster Posted at 4-7 13:35
Probably not a good idea to tell others who they should or shouldn't talk to, respond to, or associate with. And if you think banning an IP address (or a range) is a viable solution, you don't know that much about IP addresses.
I suggest you carry along now and mosey away.

2022-4-7
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177408 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm new to the DJI world, and this forum, I have used a few times to give me assistance on one or two issues I have been experiencing and I would like to thank those of you who have assited.

I must admit that over the last couple of weeks I have begun to realize that maybe this forum is becoming a platform for some to engage in what I would term a "Personal Crusade" where the thread originators issue becomes secondary?

Regarding this thread's original question yes I do agree that more effective Moderation would be extremely beneficial to all and may/should encourage more DJI customers to use the forum for its real purpose.

But i will make 2 observations:-

1. What are the DJI Moderators learning about us, from the interchange of comments on this actual thread?
2. What are the real motivations for DJI Moderators to get involved?

Thank You.

JohnW
2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-7
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

what a waste of bandwidth.
2022-4-7
Use props
Max Phlanx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1223816 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 4-7 06:00
no sorry i get what you mean but this is not that type of forum and i don't believe we should do that here.  there are other forums that do exactly that but this is a dji company forum otherwise known as a public forum (with rules) and the company shouldn't act like you and your moderators did for your "private clubroom for invited guests only."  policing conduct on a forum eventually leads to policing speech.  this forum is not completely unlike other company forums, it's not perfect...but if i wanted to join a police state where someone could press a button because they don't like you and you'd disappear, i wouldn't be here.  i heard it in your post, as a moderator you were proud to shut people down and keep everyone in their place and make sure nobody stepped out of line.  you were a staunch proponent of "law and order" and maybe that was exactly what that other forum needed.  imo that's not freedom and we don't need that here.  exactly why we decided we had enough of our last law-and-order dictator.  less government, not more.  we already have enough rules in place, let's just enforce the rules we have; we don't need more rules.

Well said man!
2022-4-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Suren Posted at 4-7 11:52
Why are you solely focused on NGC? Does he affect your life or dictate how your daily routines run? if he does not please put him out of your mind as i am sure your life does not revolve around his postings and action and i am sure he does not worry about you.

Hi Suren.
This is not really setting an example and is now becoming contradictory. Let's be honest since NGC came to this forum he has turned it toxic. I do think that your opinion of him is biased simply because he gave you back doored firmware. Sorry no offence.
I truly believe a permanent ban for him is what is needed by the forum moderators and only then will there be healthy dialogue.
2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Visual Air Posted at 4-7 17:59
Hi Suren.
This is not really setting an example and is now becoming contradictory. Let's be honest since NGC came to this forum he has turned it toxic. I do think that your opinion of him is biased simply because he gave you back doored firmware. Sorry no offence.
I truly believe a permanent ban for him is what is needed by the forum moderators and only then will there be healthy dialogue.

I accept your comment but the reason i commented that way is because at no instance can someone dictate to me, as an Individual who or who not to associate with. I live my own life.  I made it clear in the thread, anyone that trolls should be banned, no matter who it is. I am not focused on 1 person here as there are many here on this forum that disrupts. I am not been biased and have myself reported NGC for his comments in the past. I now stay away from his comments and personal attacks on anyone so it shows that i do not support and accept this sort of behavior. I have messaged him a few times when i saw him going out of line and asked him to keep in check.

If it looks like i side with him, then my apologies but believe me, that is not the case here, all i want is a healthy forum and you will always get people trolling but this thread is to bring to light to the Forum Admins that they need to be more proactive on here and not allow this to go on.  
2022-4-7
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Years ago I had a plugin for Chrome that would filter web content for me.  For example, I could enter Kardashian and if the page had Kardashian anywhere it would remove that content.  Maybe such a plugin still exists.  Hmm.
2022-4-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Visual Air Posted at 4-7 17:59
Hi Suren.
I truly believe a permanent ban for him is what is needed by the forum moderators and only then will there be healthy dialogue.

Quite often peace cannot be restored by removing only the bully, especially when the seemingly 'bullied' is behaving just as aggressively.
2022-4-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 11:03
Thanks for the support Darth

In my "after-sale" thread I have been offered a "final solution".
I guess the European history of the XX century is not part of the curriculum...
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 4-7 20:19

I will have a look there now
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 4-7 20:19

What was their final solution as its not on the thread?
2022-4-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 4-7 20:24
What was their final solution as its not on the thread?

They meant an email.
But that's not what I'm referring to...
Final Solution
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 4-7 20:26
They meant an email.
But that's not what I'm referring to...
Final Solution

2022-4-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 4-7 11:32
You started a thread where users are rallying around permanently banning a users IP who keeps creating new accounts to troll with.  However, you are acting like you want him here and are defending your choice to associate with him. Even though, he is one of the main reasons we have issues on the forum. Do you not see the irony in that? It's like if someone was trying to lose weight; but, got offended when someone told them they might have better luck if they ate less junk food. Junk food "high calorie fat foods"  are an obvious obstacle to losing weight. Just like trolls are any obvious obstacle to a productive forum. I am just asking you to stop eating the junk food.

You started a thread where users are rallying around permanently banning  a users IP who keeps creating new accounts to troll with.

Banning a user by blocking user's IP address is bad idea.  A user could have dyanmic IP address or persistent IP; instead of static IP.
Result would be problem user not getting blocked or only blocked for short period of time; and innocent people being blocked.

2022-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules