11127 27 2022-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11953209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want to fly the Mavic 3 in ATTI mode. In the user manual it states the below in red. It says "when Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled" meaning it CAN be disabled if so how? Also would need the ability to disable the GNSS. DJI please make these options available to disable so we can fly in ATTI. please please please...
Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 12.08.22 PM.png

2022-4-7
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck with that, DJI won't even let you turn off landing protection.

The part you've highlighted in red is explaining the emergency state in which the M3 will enter if all sensors become unable. All DJI drones revert to Atti mode when GPS and sensors fail to provide data - it's the best thing the flight controller can offer before having to enter to full manual mode.  
2022-4-7
Use props
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand the issue with not allowing the drone to have ATTI mode , they are on the phantoms, and the inspire so why not make it available?  
2022-4-7
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Carson Talbert Posted at 4-7 09:17
I don't understand the issue with not allowing the drone to have ATTI mode , they are on the phantoms, and the inspire so why not make it available?

Because apparently we're not competent.

Worth pointing out that the M2EA can also fly Atti, the flight mode switch can swap out Cine mode for Atti. It's actually something they could very easily incorporate.
2022-4-7
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have kept my Phantom 3 specifically because it has ATTI mode, whereas subsequent DJI drones I've owned have not.  I wish that they would allow the mode to exist, so that I could practice "unassisted piloting", and increase skills regarding piloting in various weather conditions.

I think I get why they don't have it: they really are trying to make the drone smarter, and trying to decrease human error that can result in loss of craft.  Good goals, but I like having confidence in my ability to handle various unexpected flight occurrences, and I gain confidence by practicing for those unexpected flight occurrences.  I try to emulate them as much as I can so that if they occur "in the wild", I have a basis of skills on which to rely.  I can do this with my Phantom 3, and practice flying in less than perfect weather.
2022-4-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 4-7 11:06
I have kept my Phantom 3 specifically because it has ATTI mode, whereas subsequent DJI drones I've owned have not.  I wish that they would allow the mode to exist, so that I could practice "unassisted piloting", and increase skills regarding piloting in various weather conditions.

I think I get why they don't have it: they really are trying to make the drone smarter, and trying to decrease human error that can result in loss of craft.  Good goals, but I like having confidence in my ability to handle various unexpected flight occurrences, and I gain confidence by practicing for those unexpected flight occurrences.  I try to emulate them as much as I can so that if they occur "in the wild", I have a basis of skills on which to rely.  I can do this with my Phantom 3, and practice flying in less than perfect weather.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I still have my Phantom 4 Pro and enjoy flying in ATTI mode. It's a blast flying with the wind to see what top end speed I can attain plus when keeping my hands off the controls, you can see the exact speed of the wind and just let it fly like a hot air balloon but always keeping in within line of site of course.
2022-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Carson Talbert. Good day and thank you for giving out these information with us. This information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mavic 3 and DJI Fly application updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2022-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have a hack for you, wrap it in foil
2022-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duct tape some metal tin can to the top to cut off the GPS signal.
2022-4-8
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 00:18
Duct tape some metal tin can to the top to cut off the GPS signal.

I thought turning it on was just enough to cause the GPS to not work
2022-4-8
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought when you turned the vision system off it went into ATT. Maybe i'm wrong!
2022-4-8
Use props
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Mattft86 Posted at 4-8 04:10
I thought when you turned the vision system off it went into ATT. Maybe i'm wrong!

Hey Matt,

ATTI mode is when the drone is not connected to any satellites. When this is activated on other drones it turns the vision system off as well. But in regards to the M3, disabling vision systems will keep you connected to satellites and hold your position.
2022-4-8
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Carson Talbert Posted at 4-8 07:28
Hey Matt,

ATTI mode is when the drone is not connected to any satellites. When this is activated on other drones it turns the vision system off as well. But in regards to the M3, disabling vision systems will keep you connected to satellites and hold your position.

Ah, i see thank you.
2022-4-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 4-8 02:27
I thought turning it on was just enough to cause the GPS to not work

That what some will tell you for sure.  But some soda or beer can will be enough to block it,   its been used for ages on the phantoms to avoid the NFZ's
2022-4-9
Use props
Triangle4Sale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1729449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Carson Talbert Posted at 4-7 09:17
I don't understand the issue with not allowing the drone to have ATTI mode , they are on the phantoms, and the inspire so why not make it available?

MAVIC 3 Atti mode drift-rate may be more "extreme" than other DJI drones?
It seems like it was to me based on yesterday's flight.!!!!

I have flown 3 different phantoms and earlier mavics 1 and 2 in atti mode and even in moderate wind still able to land and fly them easily...  Mavic 3 atti mode was a bit of challenge to get the drone home from only ~800 ft away from HOME!!!

Here is what happened: YESTERDAY afternoon on dead-calm no-wind day, my MAVIC 3 flipped into atti mode when i was flying low over THE CENTER of my back yard 20-acre lake...which i have flown many hundreds of times with mavic 2 and a few dozen times with my Mavic 3 .  No trees or other items would be in this area to block GPS view of sky.

Lake water was dead-calm and i was only 790 ft from drone ...no apparent wind...I was ~6 true feet over the water when it occurred...yes  the sun was low and light was starting to fail but still good light overall.

I immediately FLEW UP to ~218 ft to regain GPS ....NO LUCK GETTING GPS BACK for the 4 min that I continued to fly in ATTI!!! ...the lake is in a low point surrounded by 80ft high trees on one side and 40 ft houses on the other...  If there was wind, it was coming from the houses and drifting my drone to the tree side...the drift-rate was QUITE FAST compared to other dji drones....NO WIND on the lake...lake was glass-flat and smooth....it was tough to land...

The drone acted like a steady wind from one direction was pushing it...maybe the wind was really there since the drift direction was consistently coming from the most logical side (the low height homes versus the higher trees)

GPS had ~4 minutes to reconnect after I went up in altitude. No connection back to GPS.

I got my telemetry data from AIRDATA so I am able to look at each log entry and just cannot explain why such a great location, rich with GPS satellites can suddenly fail....I fly and test alot of stuff at this backyard lake and park location so still puzzled why I lost GPS and why, even after 5 minutes at ~218 ft, I did not re-gain GPS...

After landing, I inserted new battery, rebooted all hardware and software and got good GPS and flew in the same area to assure no GPS issues remained...
All a bit of a mystery...OPEN TO IDEAS..
Thanks
2022-6-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Triangle4Sale Posted at 6-26 09:09
It seems like it was to me based on yesterday's flight.!!!!

I'm sorry to say, but I think you need to fly a drone with a purposeful ATTI mode to understand how it flies and behaves. Not just have a surprise lesson on how ATTI mode works and then have to deal with it.

I think you've got a GPS issue because in all my time of flying the Mavic series, I've had brief GPS dropouts, but never more than a few seconds.

"The drone acted like a steady wind.." basically it will fly like an ice hockey puck unless the wind cancels out the directional motion and once this happens, it'll fly with the wind. It actually flies in a very specific way, which can feel unusual to those who haven't flown in ATTi mode, but can seem unusual and alarming.

Upload your flight logs though. You really shouldn't be seeing GPS dropouts like this.
2022-6-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

ATTI can be enjoyable when creating great shots.  Thankfully, I am able to set the param on the M2P.  
2022-6-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Triangle4Sale Posted at 6-26 09:09
It seems like it was to me based on yesterday's flight.!!!!

The only factor that affects rate of drift is the speed of the moving air that the drone is drifting in.
Strong wind = lots of drift.

I got my telemetry data from AIRDATA so I am able to look at each log entry and just cannot explain why such a great location, rich with GPS satellites can suddenly fail.
Post a link to the airdata report - make sure you tick the share box.

ps  Everywhere is "rich with GPS satellites".

2022-6-26
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

https://youtu.be/8R1k7h_D79Y

Translate and use...

94 km/h!!!
2022-6-26
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

Labroides Posted at 6-26 16:04
The only factor that affects rate of drift is the speed of the moving air that the drone is drifting in.
Strong wind = lots of drift.

And also, strong drift = strong inertia of the drone if the speed is high...
2022-6-26
Use props
Chris Giatrakos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7349813 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI should let us work!!! Unfortunately, not all ships can be stopped for take-off and landing.
All professionals need ATTi mode and disabling all sensors in many cases. We were working fine with the old Drones like the Phantom and we can't work with the MAVIC 3 CINE ??? Unacceptable!!!!

We are trying to photograph large ships like Ferry Boat and we are inside the ship with the camera crew while they are traveling and the drone does not start flying and if it flies (before catching satellites) on landing it becomes murderous with the lower sensors, it goes crazy.

All this would be very safe if there was Atti and disabling the sensors like we did with the old DJI GO 4 app.

PLEASE UPDATE AND FIX THIS DANGEROUS ISSUE FOR THE PRO PILOTS!!! The Mavic 3 need to have Atti and disable land sensors it's a very important !

The Ferry Photos was with old Phantom 4 PRO (Atti) on board from a moving ship.
Now We Cannot Work with Mavic 3 Cine !!!!!!!!!!!

2023-3-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Chris Giatrakos Posted at 3-1 03:56
DJI should let us work!!! Unfortunately, not all ships can be stopped for take-off and landing.
All professionals need ATTi mode and disabling all sensors in many cases. We were working fine with the old Drones like the Phantom and we can't work with the MAVIC 3 CINE ??? Unacceptable!!!!

While you have a point, I don’t believe this will happen. But it sounds like ability to turn off sensors may be enough for what you describe and that should be possible.
2023-3-1
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Atti mode should replace sport mode. Maybe in order to fly in atti mode, DJI can require you set a max distance so there won’t be any run away drones.
2023-3-1
Use props
Chris Giatrakos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7349813 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI we don't have buy "Cine" Drones to fly in our village... we need to fly like a "Cine"matographers and we need to fly with safety from every surface. We want it to work and as much as possible "manually" when the operator needs it.

I don't see any logic to not let us turning off the landing sensors because the issue of dangerousness does not depend on whether you are flying e.g. through a boat at sea while at the same time allowing us to close the front sensors which is even more dangerous due to impact at speed!!

Also atti does not mean that the machine does not read satellites, it simply does not keep position and altitude using GPS and landing sensors, of course with the opposite effect of becoming very dangerous when the take-off-landing surface moves in its attempt to read the surface... it is Tragic and very dangerous for the pilots!!!

Supposedly there are also the pilots that DJI asks them to take responsibility in several more dangerous cases, such as e.g. 400ft, NFZ etc, etc. He could have said the same in this case and let us safely do our job with Mavic 3 !

We must be able to take off from a moving surface such as a ferry boat
We need Atti MODE and to have the ability to disable the landing sensors
2023-3-2
Use props
fans98d63e0a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Chris Giatrakos Posted at 3-1 03:56

I just ordered Mavic 3 Pro Cine.  It didnt occur to me that ATTI mode would be unavailable.  If that is the case..im returning it.  This is Sept 2023.  Anyone know about ATTI mode on this model?
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans98d63e0a Posted at 9-3 15:22
I just ordered Mavic 3 Pro Cine.  It didnt occur to me that ATTI mode would be unavailable.  If that is the case..im returning it.  This is Sept 2023.  Anyone know about ATTI mode on this model?

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Regretfully, we don't have the option to toggle or manually enable the ATTI mode on your DJI Mavic 3 Pro. The aircraft will automatically change to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the vision system is unavailable or disabled and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. For more information, you may visit the user manual of the DJI Mavic 3 Pro using this LINK . Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_oNbmvrLRpIBj
New
Flight distance : 295413 ft
Israel

Dji mavic 3 cine have optical stabilisers in atti mode ? So the drone can sty without drifting
2-25 09:03
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_oNbmvrLRpIBj Posted at 2-25 09:03
Dji mavic 3 cine have optical stabilisers in atti mode ? So the drone can sty without drifting

Without GPS, the drone is not in Atti Mode if it is able to use VPS.
This is called Opti Mode.
But if the drone is too high for VPS or lighting is poor or the ground surface is unsuitable for VPS, then the drone will be in Atti Mode and have no horizontal positioning ability.
2-25 16:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules