Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question about Zip-lining and the strength of the magnet
1408 3 2022-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Hey All...

Hopefully someone can answer this for me as I am having a hard time finding an answer online...

I am planning a trip to Hawaii in a couple of months and I am going to book a Zip-lining tour on the North shore and I want to video the zip-line exerpience with the Action 2, but I am not sure how strong the magnetic necklace is as I would hate to run through a zip-line only to have the Action 2 fall off mid zip because it was shaken loose... or when coming in at the end of a run and the brake catches, I do not want it to get thrown from my body due to how quickly you stop!

Thanks All!!
2022-4-7
Use props
Wilson 000
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hey, bro, Hope my answer can help you~
The Front Touchscreen Module, Power Module, Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount, and Magnetic Adapter Mount all have a built-in magnetic lock that ensures a firm connection between units in active motion scenarios.
The Magnetic Lanyard and Magnetic Headband use an attachment plate that is more suitable for daily lifestyle scenarios. The Macro Lens magnetically connects directly to the camera. Activities involving strenuous movements should be avoided when using these accessories.
2022-4-7
Use props
WICreekPaddler
lvl.4
United States

If it were me, I would probably find some sort of way to have a fail safe given the importance of the videos you likely will have stored on that thing and also the cost of the unit.

Even just using the main camera module and necklace magnet, although I think they are very strong I wouldn't want to chance losing it at all.  I'd encourage some backup way to secure it if you're going to go that route.  

Sounds like you'll have an absolute blast and hopefully the videos turn out awesome!  Enjoy your time!
2022-4-9
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't rely on the magnet attachment at all - look for an alternative way of securing it.

Personally I would use the camera attached to the GoPro mount it comes with (in which it clips into place) and use a GoPro Chest mount instead.
2022-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules