1484 13 2022-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic 3 Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://dronedj.com/2022/04/06/dji-acknowledges-continued-mavic-3-gps-issues-states-fix-to-come-within-the-next-two-months/

Just passing along what I read.
2022-4-8
Use props
StanMaster
Banned
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-8
Use props
_StanMaster
New

United Kingdom

I wish to apologise for being a douche.  
2022-4-8
Use props
_DAFlys
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well this is good news and does take away the commentary that DJI is not acknowledging or working on this issue.  
2022-4-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

From linked article: "‘within the next two months’ "

Way to long for a problem which has already been around to long.  
2022-4-8
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The longer a certain event carries on in the eastern European area, the longer the fix will take. I believe they are very much connected. It seems to be no accident that I am missing about half of a certain type of satellite on a scan app on my phone and you know which ones they are. Months ago they were about equal in number. The number of remaining usable ones seem to match the count on my M3, about 12. No matter how long I wait, I never see more than 13, and 12 looks to be the approximate operational threshold. Why only the M3? I have no idea...yet.

I think the "new info" is just a smoke screen to delay expectations.

I served in the US military in the old days when we used LORAN for large area navigation. Every LORAN timer/transmitter we used had an accessory slot that could be populated with a code module that would render reception of the signals useless or very inaccurate unless the receiver had an identical module installed.
2022-4-8
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326191 ft

United States

_StanMaster Posted at 4-8 11:04
I wish to apologise for being a douche.

2022-4-8
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1306421 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This feels very similar to the situation in the gaming industry, for example when you look at Halo Infinite...
2022-4-9
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-8 17:41
The longer a certain event carries on in the eastern European area, the longer the fix will take. I believe they are very much connected. It seems to be no accident that I am missing about half of a certain type of satellite on a scan app on my phone and you know which ones they are. Months ago they were about equal in number. The number of remaining usable ones seem to match the count on my M3, about 12. No matter how long I wait, I never see more than 13, and 12 looks to be the approximate operational threshold. Why only the M3? I have no idea...yet.

I think the "new info" is just a smoke screen to delay expectations.

The GPS chip can use the four major systems but can only use three at a time. Before the war they swapped from the aging Russian system to China’s for one of the three. If anything the swap has helped Ukrainians because Russia would have likely done what the USA does with GPS civilian band which is decreased accuracy in the area of the war zone.
2022-4-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 4-9 01:50
The GPS chip can use the four major systems but can only use three at a time. Before the war they swapped from the aging Russian system to China’s for one of the three. If anything the swap has helped Ukrainians because Russia would have likely done what the USA does with GPS civilian band which is decreased accuracy in the area of the war zone.

That is all public information I suppose. Do you not think there is something going on that is not common knowledge? War is not predictable when done right.
2022-4-9
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too have received this from dji today after sending them another log from my m3.

Amara (DJI Support)

2022年4月10日 GMT+8 23:24

Dear Matt,

Thank you for your patience. We apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

In regards to your issue, we have received an update from the relevant team.

For your information, the latest firmware 0600 optimizes most satellite search and signal interference problems to improve the user experience. However, we are aware of user's concern regarding DJI Mavic 3’s slow satellite search upon powering on and we have already located the problem. We have noticed that it takes additional time for some Mavic 3's users to connect to satellites in some high-latitude areas. We have located the cause of this issue and will address it directly in a firmware update within the next two months.

It is worth noting that satellite acquisition time, also known as time to first fix (TTFF) is also affected by internet connection. If the aircraft is not connected to the internet, a cold start of its GPS receiver will result in a TTFF of approximately one to two minutes under ideal satellite signal conditions. A cold start can be avoided if the previous flight was within 40 minutes. In general, TTFF is significantly reduced when the aircraft is connected to the internet. User satisfaction is always at the heart of our work. We will continue to improve your experience.

Hope this email clarifies your confusion.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

2022-4-10
Use props
Dronezee
Banned
  • >>>
United States

2022-4-10
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronezee Posted at 4-10 17:20
The “high latitude” statement is total BS. If it was a thing, the users of all DJI drones would also have the same problem at high latitudes (and they don't).
It's spin that ignores all the users having the GPS problem in non-high latitudes and is a weak attempt to placate the gullible.

Yeah i know i think they have been given a script to read..
2022-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules