Hand catch
3142 12 2022-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

This is how I  hand catch my DJI. It's not for everyone but it's not hard to do ether. But like anything else always be CAREFUL

2022-4-8
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep, I hand catch mine the same way. Practically all the time, I rarely land it fully....
2022-4-8
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I'm done the "catch and flip" method a couple times with my FPV drone and the drone really fights me as I tip it sideways. I don't recommend the "catch and flip" technique. I like the method shown in the video much better. Make sure to hold the drone with more than two fingers if you try the "catch and flip" method.

I've never hand launched my drone. I had always thought the gyros and accelerometers perform a self calibration as a drone initialized. The drone in the video sure didn't seem to mind being hand launched. I'll try this in the future when the ground is too muddy.

Thanks for sharing the video.
2022-4-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 4-8 16:40
I'm done the "catch and flip" method a couple times with my FPV drone and the drone really fights me as I tip it sideways. I don't recommend the "catch and flip" technique. I like the method shown in the video much better. Make sure to hold the drone with more than two fingers if you try the "catch and flip" method.

I've never hand launched my drone. I had always thought the gyros and accelerometers perform a self calibration as a drone initialized. The drone in the video sure didn't seem to mind being hand launched. I'll try this in the future when the ground is too muddy.

Thank you both. The vid is me. I do the catch and flip with my Mavic pro. It's not as strong as my FPV drone.

But I can't say it too many times. If any of you have never done it, it's very very easy to do. But it is very easy to get lazy and under estimate and get a bite on the old fingers! Lol

So learn it and use when you want, but always be careful
2022-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SgtRay. Good day and thank you for sharing this video with us. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommended hand catching your DJI FPV drone or any DJI drone for safety purposes. Please do not stop the drone by hand, it could be dangerous and please land the DJI drone and stop the motors by sticks, or use the auto landing function if possible. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2022-4-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice hand catch/launch video SgtRay.  

I always hand launch/catch my drones as I live onboard a large boat.  It did take some practice but once you get comfortable with doing it that way it just becomes a normal event.  I also don't have to worry about props hitting grass or rocks or getting anything in the motors during take off or landing.  

Thanks again for your service.
2022-4-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-9 04:48
Very nice hand catch/launch video SgtRay.  

I always hand launch/catch my drones as I live onboard a launch boat.  It did take some practice but once you get comfortable with doing it that way it just becomes a normal event.  I also don't have to worry about props hitting grass or rocks or getting anything in the motors during take off or landing.  

Thank you.
2022-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good method!
2022-4-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Thanks. I know the dangers but yup it really is  a good one
2022-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SgtRay Posted at 4-9 12:25
Thanks. I know the dangers but yup it really is  a good one

You're welcome.
Looks quite good to me
2022-4-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.    Looking forward to more of your videos, especially the chase videos.
2022-4-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtRay Posted at 4-8 17:26
Thank you both. The vid is me. I do the catch and flip with my Mavic pro. It's not as strong as my FPV drone.

But I can't say it too many times. If any of you have never done it, it's very very easy to do. But it is very easy to get lazy and under estimate and get a bite on the old fingers! Lol

If I tried that I'd probably trim my fingernails off at the elbow
2022-4-21
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 4-21 12:37
If I tried that I'd probably trim my fingernails off at the elbow

lol Watch the vid carefully and try it. Tell us the results. lol
2022-4-21
Use props