Standby Automatic Power Off Time Too Short (3 vs 10 minutes)
2074 3 2022-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans655ae5f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47080 ft
United States

The feature where the OM5 gimbal shuts down automatically after 3 minutes compared to the 10 minutes in the OM4 is way too short. I get that battery is less in the OM5 but I would like the option to adjust that automatic power off time on my own or the time should be set to something like 5 minutes. My workflow is a constant (shoot shot --> standby mode --> wake and shoot shot) with intervals all being more than 3 minutes between shots. 10 minutes was perfect but with 3 minutes the gimbal always shuts down before I use it again. Anyone else?
2022-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, fans655ae5f7. Thank you for reaching out.
We will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for further
attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or
requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any
updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at
www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-11
Use props
fans655ae5f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47080 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-11 20:23
Hi, fans655ae5f7. Thank you for reaching out.
We will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for further
attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or

Sounds great hopefully something is done. This almost makes me want to go back to the OM4 at this point it's not usable in my workflow. I'm not even sure what the tradeoff battery wise between 10 minutes and 3 minutes automatic shutdown but changing the shutdown time this drastically doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm sure it was all in good intention I do enjoy using the product it's just this one aspect where the OM5 falls short.
2022-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans655ae5f7 Posted at 4-11 22:40
Sounds great hopefully something is done. This almost makes me want to go back to the OM4 at this point it's not usable in my workflow. I'm not even sure what the tradeoff battery wise between 10 minutes and 3 minutes automatic shutdown but changing the shutdown time this drastically doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm sure it was all in good intention I do enjoy using the product it's just this one aspect where the OM5 falls short.

Yes, thank you again for your feedback, and thanks for sharing here at DJI Forum. We believe that OM5 will continue to improve.
2022-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules