12Next >
23258 78 2022-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all

As per title. Following firmware update of the drone to 01.04.0000, 2 out of my 3 batteries saw the firmware update fail at 70%
Craft + battery 1 updated OK
Battery 2 failed
Battery 3 failed

After the update failure, when I try to install it again, display shows the progress start at 70% and hang

DJI Fly App v 1.5.10
I recon that Battery 1 is the one that has been used the most since i got the drone, and all 3 are probably below 60 charge cycle

Tests done so far:
- Turn Phone/Controller/Drone off, wait 30 second, restart everything and try again.
- Swap battery and try the above.
- Wait for over 24 hours and try again, with both batteries (did that several time since the update)
- Fully discharge the batteries in a controlled, near-distance flight (to the point where the crafts forcibly autoland), recharge fully and try again (both batteries)
- Try a second handset (Samsung S9 (regular handset) and S9+ (new test), both Android 10 and latest version of Samsung patch. I do not have acess to an iOS device or other brand handset).

Does anyone have a suggestion?
There doesn't seem to be a rollback option to test a clean install of the update :-(

Ult.

2022-4-9
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Have you tried reinstalling the app? Before you uninstall the app, clear the cache and data to make sure as much as the old installation is gone as possible.

If you want to go a step further, perhaps reset the drone to defaults  too?

2022-4-9
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks

The second handset was a brand new install of the app
Will try the reset and report.
2022-4-9
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm just wondering if you have an micro SD card installed on the drone too? Perhaps the hidden cache folders contain the possibly corrupt firmware that the drone is trying to install? I guess you could remove the memory card and find out.  If it refuses to install without a memory card, grab your photos and videos from it and quick format it.

If you factory reset the drone, that should also hopefully clear it's own internal memory.
2022-4-9
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

Canada

Unfortunately, Mini 2 cannot be factory reset.
Removing the SD Card makes no difference. :-(
2022-4-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ult. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For additional reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI Mini 2 | How To Update the Firmware. Thank you.

2022-4-9
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-9 20:20
Hello there Ult. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For additional reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI Mini 2 | How To Update the Firmware. Thank you.

How about reading BEFORE replying with needless chatter, suggesting the asker everything he already tried before?
2022-4-9
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxfX5zK3FfY

Hi DJI Stephen

Managed to borrow an iOS device from a friend (iPad, iOS 12.5.5). This device has never had DJI Fly installed. Still can't update the firmware. Behaviour is different than on the Android device:

Android:
- Clicking on the Update button shows the update "start" at 70% and fail

iOS:
- Clicking on the update button shows the "loading wheel" for a few seconds, then the Update button revert to it's initial state. Update is not applied. Tried with both problematic batteries

Please advise

Ult.

Update.jpg
2022-4-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I take it from reading this, that you are stuck and cannot clear everything and roll back to a previous version of the fly app? Is that correct? Or indeed previous firmware?
2022-4-12
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have never had any updates for my batteries, on previous mini 2 firmware update,  I have had to disable WIFI and use my mobile data to complete an update on a few occasions, try that.
2022-4-12
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi yogi053
It is not possible to rollback either the Fly app, or the firmware, as far as I can find out. Happy to be proven wrong, if you have a link to the workflow to follow.

DJI-Osmo-User-1
Turning wi-fi off did not help

DJI Stephen
Any other suggestion?
2022-4-12
Use props
djiuser_RbvvWhcwWQNt
New

Germany

I am having the same issue. The update gets stuck at 70%. Then I get a message telling me to restart or contact DJI Support.

DJI Fly App v 1.5.10

I have done the same steps as OP with no success. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app.

The update fails on 3 out of 4 of my batteries. I guess the one that updates properly is the one we had in the drone when updating the drone firmware but replacement batteries will always fail to update.

2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Question - since 1.04 only "Optimized flight safety" (whatever that means besides locking you out of the ability to downgrade), does it really matter if the batteries don't upgrade to 1.04?   I was under the impression that the battery issue was resolved in 1.03...  So I wonder if it makes any difference at all so long as you were able to update them to 1.03...
2022-4-15
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_RbvvWhcwWQNt Posted at 4-15 07:03
I am having the same issue. The update gets stuck at 70%. Then I get a message telling me to restart or contact DJI Support.

DJI Fly App v 1.5.10

Similar for me, the battery in the drone was updated at the same time. the other 2 are failing.

@TomKatt
As DJI recommends keeping drone and battery firmware in sync, I'd rather do that. Otherwise, if you were to get in trouble with an un-sync'd combo, they could say it's your fault...
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 07:26
Question - since 1.04 only "Optimized flight safety" (whatever that means besides locking you out of the ability to downgrade), does it really matter if the batteries don't upgrade to 1.04?   I was under the impression that the battery issue was resolved in 1.03...  So I wonder if it makes any difference at all so long as you were able to update them to 1.03...

Read up on LiPo voltage. This the important part.
https://blog.ampow.com/lipo-voltage-chart/

Software version is not important as long as you know the voltage status of your batteries.
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Point taken.  Of course, the argument could be made that their own software was buggy, so they still have liability.
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 08:05
Read up on LiPo voltage. This the important part.
https://blog.ampow.com/lipo-voltage-chart/

I understand the LiPo issues, and agree that proper user maintenance is the biggest priority.

But we all tend to forget things and make mistakes, so it's nice to have the hardware take care of itself as well.
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 08:16
I understand the LiPo issues, and agree that proper user maintenance is the biggest priority.

But we all tend to forget things and make mistakes, so it's nice to have the hardware take care of itself as well.
TomKatt wrote "But we all tend to forget things and make mistakes, so it's nice to have the hardware take care of itself as well"

Well, when you bought your drone, were you on the assumption that it did not until you had got version 1.04?
2022-4-15
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 08:14
Point taken.  Of course, the argument could be made that their own software was buggy, so they still have liability.

Not really
would be your choice to use the batteries, rather than dispose / sort the issue

I know it's a grey area and has a remote chance of going bad, but I like to make sure  :-)
2022-4-15
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello there Ult. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For additional reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on DJI Mini 2 | How To Update the Firmware. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxfX5zK3FfY

Hi DJI Stephen

Do you have any new suggestion, based on the responses?
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 08:25
TomKatt wrote "But we all tend to forget things and make mistakes, so it's nice to have the hardware take care of itself as well"

Well, when you bought your drone, were you on the assumption that it did not until you had got version 1.04?

Actually, when I bought my Mini 2 v1.03 was the current FW.  So I expected everything to work as advertised.

And I'm not sure if you understand my position correctly, which is that it probably makes no difference if the batteries do not get updated from 1.03 to 1.04 due to software failure.  And if so, then bah.
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 08:52
Actually, when I bought my Mini 2 v1.03 was the current FW.  So I expected everything to work as advertised.

And I'm not sure if you understand my position correctly, which is that it probably makes no difference if the batteries do not get updated from 1.03 to 1.04 due to software failure.  And if so, then bah.

Not calling me "bro"?
2022-4-15
Use props
djiuser_RbvvWhcwWQNt
New

Germany

I actually flew with all of the batteries eventhough they were out of sync with the firmware and I had no issues at all. The problem is I think they still have that issue where if you do not remove the batteries from the drone they do not self-discharge. But I just do not keep the batteries in the drone so I guess I should be fine.
2022-4-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Hi guys same problem here in Italy reported by a user who has updated the drone. One battery was successfully updated, the one on the drone when the drone firmware update was performed.
The other, it was not possible to update it. Now it is always at 70%.

Please DJI, let us know if you have received our information and are working on resolution or if you need further testing.

Thank you, as always
2022-4-19
Use props
djiuser_ZcdlLpFKTq1B
New

Costa Rica

Same Problem...
2022-4-20
Use props
djiuser_ZcdlLpFKTq1B
New

Costa Rica

Any Solution?  Is safe Fly?
2022-4-20
Use props
djiuser_4UUKB7j9IZ6C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17552 ft
Poland

I've got the same problem. I updated RC, drone and one battery. Two other batteries always stack on 70%
2022-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_4UUKB7j9IZ6C Posted at 4-22 07:16
I've got the same problem. I updated RC, drone and one battery. Two other batteries always stack on 70%

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please make sure that the remaining battery level is 50% or more. Besides, the firmware update failed if the aircraft or remote controller is powered off during the update process. In this case, please power on the aircraft and remote controller, and update again.
2022-4-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_ZcdlLpFKTq1B Posted at 4-20 18:20
Any Solution?  Is safe Fly?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please follow the steps below to update the firmware. Here are the steps:
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_98JEWOVQSLMM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213376 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday installed new battery, but not got the battery update message..  If downgrade drone firmware back to 1.02 with DJI-Assistant  and then install 1.03.0000 again, will it also update battery firmware?
2022-4-23
Use props
OrbitallyAttica
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everybody. I am new to the forum I have a dji mini 2 and I have this same problem after the latest firmware upgrade of my mini 2 .... only one battery out of three has obtained the update while the other two the firmware upgrade remains blocked at 70% ... tried every possible solution by you also reiterated but without success. I am waiting for someone here to help me and if I can contribute with any tests
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_ZcdlLpFKTq1B
New

Costa Rica

DJI Thor Posted at 4-23 02:29
Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please follow the steps below to update the firmware. Here are the steps:
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

IT WORKS!! Already update!
2022-4-23
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have still never received a battery firmware update for any of my batteries, not to bothered as they do discharge when left.

As for DJI Assistant, does it ONLY update the battery or the mini 2 firmware reflashed?
2022-4-24
Use props
OrbitallyAttica
lvl.1
Italy

I used DJI Thor instructions ,, I actually managed to rewrite the firmware using dji assistant 2.
Using mac osx I found the ( defaultsetting.ini ) situated in the app folder djassistant 2---show package contents---Mac os, then I opened the file on another windows computer, modified the two file  content  0s in 1, saved file and placed back in the original folder.
dj assistant 2 can now fix firmware errors and write new versions .I got a message saying that a firmware was not correct .. closed the window I run the refresh i have and correct update ..
. the installation was successful. tried my mini 2 with the dji flight app and it no longer asked me to update the battery (  BUT  )  I had to repeat the operation also on the third battery
Thanks DJI Thor, we hope the next update will fix this bug
2022-4-24
Use props
PatrickW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14921 ft
New Zealand

Tried that on a Windows machine and there is no ini file I can see, has anyone else managed it?
Edit: Never mind, I had the wrong version :-(
This time Assistant reported firmware needed to be updated but when I selected that, it said Updating but has sat on 0% for the last 10 minutes, not looking promising.
2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

You are most welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

OrbitallyAttica Posted at 4-24 04:38
I used DJI Thor instructions ,, I actually managed to rewrite the firmware using dji assistant 2.
Using mac osx I found the ( defaultsetting.ini ) situated in the app folder djassistant 2---show package contents---Mac os, then I opened the file on another windows computer, modified the two file  content  0s in 1, saved file and placed back in the original folder.
dj assistant 2 can now fix firmware errors and write new versions .I got a message saying that a firmware was not correct .. closed the window I run the refresh i have and correct update ..

Thanks for your feedback. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_4UUKB7j9IZ6C
lvl.1
Poland

I edited my defaultsettings.ini

[support]
list=wm161|wm1605

[wm161]
upgrade_enable=1

[wm1605]
upgrade_enable=1

but after 30 minutes I still see 0% in Dji Assistant 2. Internet connection is working and I formatted memory card before upgrade
2022-4-25
Use props
djiuser_98JEWOVQSLMM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213376 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_4UUKB7j9IZ6C Posted at 4-25 01:06
I edited my defaultsettings.ini

[support]

Did you try updating without memory card? Is not necessary for update and maybe the pc sees usb connection as mass storage connection.
2022-4-25
Use props
djiuser_4UUKB7j9IZ6C
lvl.1
Poland

djiuser_98JEWOVQSLMM Posted at 4-25 03:42
Did you try updating without memory card? Is not necessary for update and maybe the pc sees usb connection as mass storage connection.

I tried with and without memory card. With memory card PC sees dron as mass storage, without card update stack at 0%
2022-4-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules