23368 78 2022-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_gXJDStpAa1G0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208077 ft
Brazil

Mesmo problema comigo.
Estive em contato com o chat da DJI hoje relatando o caso. Me direcionaram para o setor responsável para equipamentos com número de série fora doa E.U.A.
Disseram que entrarão em contato comigo em dois dias.
Atualizo por aqui como irá evoluir.
2022-4-26
Use props
djiuser_gXJDStpAa1G0
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_4UUKB7j9IZ6C Posted at 4-25 01:06
I edited my defaultsettings.ini

[support]

Aconteceu comigo.
Nessa mesma tela, clique em Firmware Update no canto superior esquerdo. Clique em refresh para atualizar o firmware. Funcionou comigo.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_gXJDStpAa1G0
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_gXJDStpAa1G0 Posted at 4-26 17:44
Mesmo problema comigo.
Estive em contato com o chat da DJI hoje relatando o caso. Me direcionaram para o setor responsável para equipamentos com número de série fora doa E.U.A.
Disseram que entrarão em contato comigo em dois dias.

Pessoal da DJI retornou pedindo para tentar com outro mobile device. Caso não funcionasse, efetuar pelo software DJI Assitent como disse o @DJI Thor. Funcionou!
Obrigado pessoal!
2022-4-27
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

djiuser_gXJDStpAa1G0 Posted at 4-27 07:55
Pessoal da DJI retornou pedindo para tentar com outro mobile device. Caso não funcionasse, efetuar pelo software DJI Assitent como disse o @DJI Thor. Funcionou!
Obrigado pessoal!

DJI staff returned asking to try with another mobile device. If it didn't work, do it using the DJI Assitent software as @DJI Thor said. It worked!
Thank you guys!

Translated with https://translate.google.com/.

Both DAFlys and her lover Bashy are so happy! Doing the translation themselves is unreasonable.

2022-4-27
Use props
Deuns
lvl.2

France

djiuser_4UUKB7j9IZ6C Posted at 4-25 07:04
I tried with and without memory card. With memory card PC sees dron as mass storage, without card update stack at 0%

Did you finally manage to complete the update ? I'm at the same point - stuck at 0%, with or without SDcard, Defaultsettings.ini set to 1

Edit : finally managed to update with DJI Assistant. When DJI Assistant asks for update, just cancel it, manually fo the the Firmware Update Menu, click Refresh - everything went good for me.

2022-5-5
Use props
griba
New

Lithuania

Hello. Have the same issue =(
2022-5-10
Use props
djiuser_WyEXFeSrsldM
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,
Looks like mine just did the updat well, but i now have the problem that the batterys never stop charching, and they also because of that do not automaticly start charging the other empty batterys. If i disconnect and connect the power plug, it starts charging the empty ones. Suggestions?
2022-5-15
Use props
Ultwe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here.. Except that the led progression speeds up after about 10 seconds, which worries me, as this could indicate some issues with the charging controller on te batteries.
Looks like the latest firmware has a lot of issues....
@DJI Steven, @DJI Thor, Do you know if/when we should expect a fix?

2022-5-19
Use props
HanZB
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same here, connected drone to laptop with usb c line, edit the ini file as before mentioned. drone is blinking green light at tail , nothing happens.... whats nexr?

2022-5-24
Use props
Victor317
New

Poland

HanZB Posted at 5-24 13:11
Same here, connected drone to laptop with usb c line, edit the ini file as before mentioned. drone is blinking green light at tail , nothing happens.... whats nexr?

[view_image]

Hey,
I had same issue. I did this and it worked:
1. Open Assistant App on PC
2. Connect USB (but only into PC)
3. Turn on drone
4. After 1-2sec (before drone will calibrate)  connect USB-C into drone and wait.

Should work fine.
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_2YnQAx2hbUK5
New
Flight distance : 40735 ft
Canada

Victor317 Posted at 5-25 07:23
Hey,
1. Open Assistant App on PC

Thanks, man. Worked without a problem. Kinda ridiculous you have to jump through so many hoops to update the firmware. Someone needs to work on a fix.
2022-5-27
Use props
djiuser_NPs1iBLsLtCu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 949905 ft
Croatia

Deuns Posted at 5-5 23:38
Did you finally manage to complete the update ? I'm at the same point - stuck at 0%, with or without SDcard, Defaultsettings.ini set to 1

Edit : finally managed to update with DJI Assistant. When DJI Assistant asks for update, just cancel it, manually fo the the Firmware Update Menu, click Refresh - everything went good for me.

Thank you very much, Your tip about dji ass2 was the only solution for me, after almost all day of trying
2022-5-28
Use props
Bob Wilton
New
Flight distance : 6939 ft
United States

I just had this same issue occur today (2022-05-28) when I upgraded my "Mini 2" to from "v1.03" to "v1.04". In my case, it was the battery that was in the drone at time of the upgrade that failed to receive the updated battery firmware. My other two batteries were fine. I ultimately resolved the problem with the "DJI Assistant 2" software on Windows. As noted above, I edited the INI file (changed all the 0 to 1), started the software, powered up my "Mini 2" with the battery in question, then connected the powered up "Mini 2" to the computer with a USB cable. The software reported that the firmware was up-to-date, so I just clicked on "refresh" to install it again. This resolved the issue with the battery. I hope the post helps others who land here.

Happy flying... takeoffs are optional... landing is mandatory.  Cheers!
2022-5-28
Use props
fansf3743f8b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10531 ft

Netherlands

I would like to add this solution seems to work for me. Let me describe the issue and solution again for anyone who is confused.

Issue: DJI Mini 2, battery firmware update keeps failing and always starts at 70%.

Solution:
- Download DJI Assistant 2 (consumer drones), edit the defaultsettings.ini and "wm164" -> upgrade_enable=1
- Turn on drone, take out the micro SD card from drone, connect USB to computer and open the program. It should usually recognize the drone and show you the firmware update option.
- It might say something like "firmware out of sync on different components, do you want to update?" but when you try that it stays at 0% forever. So do not do that.
- Then you simply see which firmware the Mini 2 currently has with the option to "refresh firmware". Do that. It will upgrade the drone and battery again to current firmware and this time it should work.
- Please note that DJI Assistant program is a bit buggy so restart the program and drone and reconnect USB multiple times if you have trouble getting to the firmware refresh option (DON'T DO THIS DURING FIRMWARE UPGRADE).

So my best guess is the bug is that the battery and drone MUST receive the firmware at the same time.
2022-5-30
Use props
Gomez3124
New

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 4-23 02:29
Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please follow the steps below to update the firmware. Here are the steps:
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

HI there.  I had similar problem to others except just one of my 3 batteries failed a firmware update.  I have reinstalled DJI Fly on my Android phone and tried restarting drone and controller.  None of these worked.  I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows laptop and edited the defaultsettings.ini file changing all 0 settings to 1.  All I could do with the software was download a diagnostics file called "EXPORT_FILE_2022-05-23_19-37-54.DAT".  There was no option to change firmware.  Can you assist?
2022-5-30
Use props
r0bb
lvl.2

Netherlands

Gomez3124 Posted at 5-30 14:02
HI there.  I had similar problem to others except just one of my 3 batteries failed a firmware update.  I have reinstalled DJI Fly on my Android phone and tried restarting drone and controller.  None of these worked.  I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows laptop and edited the defaultsettings.ini file changing all 0 settings to 1.  All I could do with the software was download a diagnostics file called "EXPORT_FILE_2022-05-23_19-37-54.DAT".  There was no option to change firmware.  Can you assist?

Let me just add that you only need to do "wm164" -> upgrade_enable=1

Also I noticed that the firmware update option didn't always appear when I started the program, as I mentioned the program seems buggy. So maybe restart the program, wait until it recognizes your drone and click on the image of the drone. In the left menu you should 3 items. 2 items are regarding exporting logs and 1 should be Firmware.
2022-5-31
Use props
r0bb
lvl.2

Netherlands

Just noticed after I fixed the battery firmware issue yesterday like described above that the drone was unable to fly today because of "incompatible firmware". First I nearly had a stroke thinking I bricked it. But it was fixed by the following:

"For Mini 2 users who are getting the incompatible firmware message. Please first make sure that the drone has been updated to the latest version.If the drone is on the latest version, and spare batteries have been updated along with the drone, please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache > Clear App Cache and restart the app and drone and check again."
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gomez3124 Posted at 5-30 14:02
HI there.  I had similar problem to others except just one of my 3 batteries failed a firmware update.  I have reinstalled DJI Fly on my Android phone and tried restarting drone and controller.  None of these worked.  I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows laptop and edited the defaultsettings.ini file changing all 0 settings to 1.  All I could do with the software was download a diagnostics file called "EXPORT_FILE_2022-05-23_19-37-54.DAT".  There was no option to change firmware.  Can you assist?

Hi, there. After changing 0 to 1, please save the file and restart DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_CqeazFrbF4Kj
New
Flight distance : 52864 ft
Brazil

Same issue here with 2 of my 3 batteries. Can't find afore mentioned files on my PC. Does it work only with Macs?
2022-6-4
Use props
dlebon
New
Georgia

DJI Mini 2 - 3 new batteries - all new updates from June 2022.
Same problem with Huawei Model RNE l21 - Android 8.0.0 - same message with all batteries.

When I replace with a tablet Samsung Galaxy A7 - the problem disappears with all batteries.
2022-6-14
Use props
Nullbyte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17552 ft
Poland

fansf3743f8b Posted at 5-30 03:33
I would like to add this solution seems to work for me. Let me describe the issue and solution again for anyone who is confused.

Issue: DJI Mini 2, battery firmware update keeps failing and always starts at 70%.

It works   thanks
2022-6-16
Use props
Mambawamba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28596 ft

Costa Rica

Happen the same
2022-7-25
Use props
djiuser_djxrGlHzfA1r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 610735 ft
Indonesia

What's
The solution DJI ?
2022-8-13
Use props
JerryMK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1198 ft
Netherlands

Where can I see the firmware version of my batteries? And what is the current/latest firmware version for battery?
2022-8-16
Use props
Dragonslayer
New
Flight distance : 338369 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Like other posts here already said: On a Windows PC with dji assistant 2 and removing the sd-card from the drone, I can confirm that the issue could be solved and the batterie would be updated. Update via app didn't work.

1. Download DJI Assistant 2 from DJI MINI-Downloads
2. After Installation go to the DJIEngine-Folder and  edit the "defaultsetting.ini" entries like "upgrade_enabled entries = 1" (change 0 to 1) and save it. This allows you to update the firmware with DJI Assistant
3. Remove the SD-Card from the mini
4. Start DJI Assistant 2
5. Start DJI MINI-Drone
6. Connect usb-cable to Mini and PC
7. Click the "Mini-Icon" which  should be displayed in DJI Assistant. 8.  ->Don't accept (!) "firmware out of sync on different components, do you want to update?"  
9. Chose Firmware-Update - Option in DJI Mini
10. Refresh the Firmware in DJI Assistant.

For me this procedure works well.

2022-8-31
Use props
kwags3170
New

United States

djiuser_RbvvWhcwWQNt Posted at 4-15 07:03
I am having the same issue. The update gets stuck at 70%. Then I get a message telling me to restart or contact DJI Support.

DJI Fly App v 1.5.10

It seems EVERY SINGLE case of this I have come across, the first battery updates just fine and the rest fail.

This is my case as well. This has NOTHING to do with the battery and everything to do with faulty software/firmware from DJI.

The fact that they are pushing people to just buy new batteries instead of providing a fix is HORRID and also extremely wasteful and detrimental to the environment. These batteries are NOT broken.
2022-8-31
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8130 ft

Canada

Victor317 Posted at 5-25 07:23
Hey,
1. Open Assistant App on PC

It worked!!! Thank you!! Yes!!
2022-9-24
Use props
doug07799
New

United Kingdom

Deuns Posted at 5-5 23:38

This worked for me, thank you!
2022-9-25
Use props
fansb0fe9e4b
lvl.1
Canada

I have three batteries. All three have maybe been cycled max 10 times, probably like 5 (I haven't had much time to fly since I bought the drone). Battery #2 called for a firmware update, which failed on the app no matter what I did (stayed at 0%). So I followed the steps here with the windows app and after clicking "refresh", on the update part of the process, it would get to 76% then roll back to 66%. It would do this three times then fail. So I unplugged it to try on the app again, and the battery shows two middle LEDs and the drone said "battery critically low" (I charged it to 100% yesterday and it hasn't been used) and shows 0% on the flight view. The app still fails at 0% and the windows application does the same thing. This battery was perfectly fine, barely used. This is very frustrating.
2022-9-26
Use props
fansb0fe9e4b
lvl.1
Canada

UPDATE: I spoke DJI, they want me to send the battery back for 1 time repair. Hope this doesn't happen again - makes me nervous to update the firmware now
2022-9-26
Use props
B2T_Mattie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 640869 ft
United States

Same exact issue. Battery in drone is good, other two just give the iOS loading circle. Doubt the 2 even have 40 cycles total. Why is their QC so consistently bad? I don't get it.
2022-9-30
Use props
vagnerforbrasil
New

Brazil

Guys. I was able to update in the way that DJI Thor mentioned.
I did it by DJI Assistant 2 following all the procedures. It worked and the battery update failure message that stopped at 70% no longer occurred.

Thanks, the forum was very important for the solution.
2022-11-13
Use props
user_871263123
lvl.1
Brazil

MINI SE FCC version, had the same issue. 1 battery ok, other 2 asking for an upgrade that was never sucessfull. After many time wasted, Im glad to share the solution:

Worked for me after **downgrading from DJI Assistant 2. Yeah, sounded weird to me , 'cause "refresh firmware" option was not available. Anyway, after the 'downgrade' process finished, the version was still 1.0.2 (same as before). After that, I connected with the fly app from Android phone, and the battery upgrade process was successfull now for 1 of the 3 batteries. The other 2 did not ask for upgrade. Very weird, but good so far... Hope this can help someone, and hope DJI can fix this nasty bug...
2022-12-12
Use props
Virginia Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Same problem 3 batteries and 2 are stuck 70% - Tried Android and IPAD - Please advise on how to complete the Battery Firmware Update
2023-3-29
Use props
GD1.1
New
Flight distance : 23091 ft
Italy

Hey, I read the entire topic, stressful.
This thing on my drone is happening too. Asks to make a small update that fix batteries and "other things".
Then this 1.10.1 version doesn't complete and gets 70 % installation status... same as one user showed in 2 pics above.  (same for days... the are Error code messages or instructions...  will do as you say contact the support but if this actually the standard answer we will get then I hope you will also tell, "just fly" you are covered, we will fix with other updates in future this issue... which I see is going on right from the Ukraine crisis around 2022 spring... so I mean.. it's clearly connected to the US war on China expansion...

We get updates every few days here, what is going on?! The war between USA and China is making everything impossible. Sincerely I am getting tired, I want to get closer and even work with these things but if this is the constant stuff one has to go through, hell no, I prefer other things. This is war games, not technology. Spent time and thousands Euro on this, it's unacceptable, imagine having 2-3-4-5 an entire fleet ... not gonna work. This is more like slavery not actual drone flying and learning or "technical updating it". Next months we will get wide spread NATOPS drone jamming and there we go, the mess is complete. Or simply China is trying to get info on our PC (these procedures are not privacy safe, why should I connect my drone to my pc?) and also, why should you push people to get stressed with their devices? Because you want to sell more and new stuff.
This is not sustainable, I am gonna leave this sector I believe, and DJI, it doesn't deliver the promise. All cool, but then you need to be transparent. What is going on?
My batteries are ok, why constant updates, my drone is kind of ok (seems to lose a bit of connection in last 2 flights... probably just my wrong SOPs, unrespectful of trees and other stuff, or maybe not.. it's actually the drone) but you need to make easy to do stuff and also let people keep their drone without all these unnecessary updates and beta \ alpha testing. The entire tech and digital design world is crammed with these alpha and beta testing on users\players, enough.

If this is gonna become the norm, you need to "pay us", for data and also pay us for beta testing... people don't know about all these things or are too rich to care.

I installed Dji Assistant 2, there is no Dji Engine folder, there are several but there is no Dji Engine folder nor a .ini file you mention.
Uninstalled. It also asks for permissions on network and so on...

I will fly the drone, if it falls that damage will not count as -1 in the Dji Care subscribed but will be for free. The problem with China is that you don't understand consumer rights, you are similar to USA, if you really understood how much it costs for the environment and people to do things and a democratic society you understand that you can't do this. I believe I completely fooled myself when I got your drone and checked other people videos.

Most are made by some that spend their entire spare time on this one thing, I sincerely can't imagine myself spending my time doing this nerd-fixing in my already small time considering you fly around 1\1.3 h with 2 forced landings (with the 3 batteries) , I want to use and learn how to fly the drone, not how to do the software technician fiddling ... like we did not already had stuff to fix all over the place!

Keep it simple and be transparent, reassuring, clear, informative. This is gonna back fire also on videos of your volunteers or not really volunteer (payed) promoters on youtube.
Come on...  (a moderator\admin support, asking for "getting a new device to do the procedure"... what are we? Factories of tablets and smart phones?) Just send a new update and keep it like that.
At some point you gotta stop dumping over the older devices to camelback the beta testing of new devices on the old ones... This is not a very ethical way to ROI, especially when people will become aware of these Return on investment practices.

Upgrade tried the error given is Code: 0x1103a0090012 just for the record...
2023-4-30
Use props
junkbrol
lvl.1

Brazil

Johnny_J Posted at 2022-4-15 08:05
Read up on LiPo voltage. This the important part.
https://blog.ampow.com/lipo-voltage-chart/

totally useless info on this topic
2023-6-1
Use props
junkbrol
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-4-23 02:29
Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please follow the steps below to update the firmware. Here are the steps:
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that the user updates the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

Thanks DJI Thor
This worked for me
Mayby just completing that in the ini file ALL 0's have to be replaced by 1 (at least that's what I did ;-)
My drone batteries are functional again
2023-6-1
Use props
jh8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had the same issue with one battery. Upgrading in a Mini SE and Mini 2 failed: (stuck at 70% in the latest Fly App, and staying at 0% in DJI Assistant.
The solution was a FW Refresh using DJI Assistant 2.1.18, the battery doesn't complain about a "module mismatch" any more!
2023-6-30
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

2023, 08,30
I encountered the issue of one of my three Mini 2 batteries not updating after installing aircraft firmware1.11.0, RC firmware 04.11.0200, safety data 01.00.01.29 through the app. What happened is at the 70 percent point, the Fly app crashed, not finishing the battery update. After that it would start at 70 percent and just sit there until it showed the update failed. After trying literally everything I could think of and everything in this thread, I downloaded the DJI assistant 2, and had a look in the Engine folder, and found no .ini file there. Possbly the Assistnat has been udated since the original post....
At this point, I went the the usual DJI process of plugging and unpluggin the USB cord in various orders, until the assistant found the drone, and it immediately popped up a firmware inconsistency found, and when I accepted the update from the popup, I got the stting at 0 percent for eternity shown in one of the previous posts in this thread. I backed out of that and restarted the assistant software, and after clicking on mini 2, it brought up the option to downgrade to the previous version, V01.06.0200, or refresh the current software, V01.07.0200. I refreshed the current software, and it updated the battery software, and I can now live peacefully until the next DJI software update
2023-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules