Will DJI update the Go4 app?
979 4 2022-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluflyr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118839 ft
United Kingdom

Please don't tell me to use a compatible device... that list is out of date. My Galaxy S10+ is not on that list but I've been using it with the DJI Go4 app for years. Unfortunately, when I updated my phone's operating system recently, the DJI Go4 App just won't even open anymore. Basically turning my Mavic Pro into an expensive paperweight.

Please can you tell us if DJI have any intention of updating the DJI Go4 app to work with Android version 12?

It's a simple question, with a simple answer.

If the answer is Yes, then thank you and I can't wait to get the latest version of the App.

If the answer is No, then I need to know so I can sort out getting a 2nd hand android device and hacking an old version of android on it so I can use my Mavic Pro properly.

2022-4-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there bluflyr. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of this time we do not have any information when will the DJI Go 4 ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) application be update and please rest assured that support for additional devices available as testing and development continues for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.
2022-4-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not just roll back to Android 11 and get everything working again?
2022-4-10
Use props
CharlieRC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118839 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 00:49
Why not just roll back to Android 11 and get everything working again?

I use my phone for more than just flying my Mavic, I'd prefer for it to be fully up to date.

If they don't intend to update the app, I'll just buy a 2nd hand android with an older OS version, just for the Mavic.
2022-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CharlieRC Posted at 4-10 05:43
I use my phone for more than just flying my Mavic, I'd prefer for it to be fully up to date.

If they don't intend to update the app, I'll just buy a 2nd hand android with an older OS version, just for the Mavic.

I picked up a start controller to lock in the older software,  and its been great,  I was skeptical about them before I had one.
2022-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules