789 2 2022-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VinceG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1134662 ft
United Kingdom

Good Evening

I am not having much luck with my drones.  This is my third DJI Mini 2 and on my 1st flight I am having an issue with it.

This was my first time using this drone. I got it to a location to fly it, took it out of the bag and setup the controller with my Honor 9 phone and proceeded to do a compass calibration (finished successfully). I set the drone down on the landing mat and pressed the auto take off button on screen the propellers started to run and then the left front one stopped and a 'Motor unable to rotate. Check motor (Code: 30142)' message appeared on my screen. I moved the motor with my finger gently and it moved relatively easy, I then switched the aircraft off and then back on again. I set it down on the landing pad again and started the auto take off again. This time it worked ok, it got to about a meter and hovered. I flew the drone at low altitude (about 12ft) for a few 100 meters to test it for about 10 minutes and it seemed to run ok without error. I took the drone for a bit of a further flight, taking it to about 100 ft and out as far as I could see (about 400m) and noticed the drone was drifting right very very slowly, but noticeably. I could move the left stick and it would stop it, but it would then happen again later.

My concern is that this slow drifting is related to the earlier issue with the left front motor.

Please could someone advise if this a common problem, because all the things I have read are very worrying, like some falling out of the sky with this motor error.

Couple of other things, the drone is brand new, just taken out of a sealed package 3 days ago and the battery charged just once, is showing as being charged 4 times. This would indicate to me that the drone has already been used!!! Also, the drone doesnt have all stickers on it, the stickers on the camera were not there. Could I have a drone that has been returned to DJI as faulty, DJI has tested and found nothing wrong and it has been repackaged for resale, hence the used battery, missing stickers and my having these faults.

Thanks in advance

2022-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-4-10
Use props
VinceG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1134662 ft
United Kingdom

Many thanks DAFlys. I will do that...
2022-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules