DJI fpv wont switch into manual mode in flight.
9005 8 2022-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trebaltek
New
Canada

Hi, not sure if this is the correct area to post, but ive had my dji fpv for a year now. It takes off perfectly in manual mode, so the issue im having now  was never an issue due to i was always taking off from a cleared area. Now ive recently moved into a more secluded, i tried to take off in regular mode go up than switch into manual mode by toggling the knobs in flight when display tells you to do so after switch the switch. It will not switch into manual mode no matter how many times ive tried. Works perfect in the simulator but when im in the air and it says toggle the knobs to the center and roll them downward, it wont switch even when it shows im doing the toggles correctly inward. Does anyone know what this could be, manual mode works like a charm as so everythign else, only issue is it wont switch into manual mode in flight.

2022-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello theretrebaltek. Thank you for reaching out.
Manual mode is not enabled by default. After the remote controller is switched to manual mode, the aircraft remains in normal/sport mode.
Manual mode needs to be enabled separately in the goggles menu: Settings > Control > Remote Control Settings > Custom Buttons > Set Custom Gear For "manual transmission".
Thnak you.
2022-4-12
Use props
fans79624a9d
New
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-12 23:35
Hello theretrebaltek. Thank you for reaching out.
Manual mode is not enabled by default. After the remote controller is switched to manual mode, the aircraft remains in normal/sport mode.
Manual mode needs to be enabled separately in the goggles menu: Settings > Control > Remote Control Settings > Custom Buttons > Set Custom Gear For "manual transmission".
As I mentioned it’s been enabled for a year now . It’s in manual when switch I know the difference. I’m saying is it’s not activating when telling me to do so on the screen when in the air. When taking off in manual no issues , but if I exit out of manual and try to go back in manual while in flight , it won’t switch and the knobs aren’t switching it back..But again I’m way passed the switching the settings for manual to actually be activated . It’s on just as I said when I exit out of it in the air it won’t go back even when I do the introductions shown in the googles when switching over. It takes off in manual nonissues and no it’s not in sports mode when I take off.
2022-4-13
Use props
fans8ff9740e
New

United States

Hi I have an issue where my drone won’t switch into different modes sometimes when I boot it up. It also isn’t recording video when I hit the record button. The only thing it can record is the goggles. This is the second DJI fpv drone that won’t switch modes. And if it does switch modes it takes like 30 seconds, and when I tilt the camera it won’t show what degree I’m at. Any fix for this stuff? Thanks for your time!
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8ff9740e Posted at 7-9 18:41
Hi I have an issue where my drone won’t switch into different modes sometimes when I boot it up. It also isn’t recording video when I hit the record button. The only thing it can record is the goggles. This is the second DJI fpv drone that won’t switch modes. And if it does switch modes it takes like 30 seconds, and when I tilt the camera it won’t show what degree I’m at. Any fix for this stuff? Thanks for your time!

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have asked our engineer. We recommend that you send it back to us, we will help to take care of it. You can send the drone back via this link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair If you have any more needs or questions, please just feel free to contact us.
2022-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans79624a9d Posted at 4-13 11:07
As I mentioned it’s been enabled for a year now . It’s in manual when switch I know the difference. I’m saying is it’s not activating when telling me to do so on the screen when in the air. When taking off in manual no issues , but if I exit out of manual and try to go back in manual while in flight , it won’t switch and the knobs aren’t switching it back..But again I’m way passed the switching the settings for manual to actually be activated . It’s on just as I said when I exit out of it in the air it won’t go back even when I do the introductions shown in the googles when switching over. It takes off in manual nonissues and no it’s not in sports mode when I take off.

Sorry for the late reply. We have confirmed this problem with our relevant team and they are checking this problem now. Besides, we have also sent you a PM, could you please have a check? We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused and hope you can be patient, if there is any update, we will reply to you here as soon as possible, And you can also  stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com Thank you.
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_W6audU9jeaYu
New

United States

Today while flying my 3rd DJI FPV that I’ve had for a couple of years  this new issue won’t allow me to fly in manual mode more then 30’ from my take off point?  I was hoping that someone had a quick fix? Thanks
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_W6audU9jeaYu Posted at 7-4 15:25
Today while flying my 3rd DJI FPV that I’ve had for a couple of years  this new issue won’t allow me to fly in manual mode more then 30’ from my take off point?  I was hoping that someone had a quick fix? Thanks

Hello, there. May we know if you set the custom mode on the Remote Controller 2 to M mode? If so,  you should be able to switch the drone to M mode during the flight.
2023-7-4
Use props
Respawn33
lvl.1

Portugal

fans8ff9740e Posted at 2022-7-9 18:41
Hi I have an issue where my drone won’t switch into different modes sometimes when I boot it up. It also isn’t recording video when I hit the record button. The only thing it can record is the goggles. This is the second DJI fpv drone that won’t switch modes. And if it does switch modes it takes like 30 seconds, and when I tilt the camera it won’t show what degree I’m at. Any fix for this stuff? Thanks for your time!

Hi im having the same problem ani luck.fixing it
2023-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules