Firmware update impossible with modern Macs?
1292 0 2022-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antpie
New

Finland

I am trying to figure out how to update firmware on my Ronin-S on Mac Mini M1 (Monterey).
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin seems to be the only way, and it isn't compatible with any recent macOSes made during the last two years or so. The support seems to end around 10.11, and we are now running on MacOS 12.3.
DJI Pro Assistant installs (and requires) HoRNDIS (pronounce: “horrendous”), which is a driver for Mac OS X that allows you to use your Android phone's native USB tethering mode to get Internet access.

Yep yep. Beats me why you would want to build a firmware updater that thinks Ronin is an Android phone and could be used in tethering mode for Internet access.

Quite a hack, I would say.

And beats me, why you would use a one-man open-source hobby project as a key component in such a large-scale commercial project. If the developer run out of motivation, as seemed to have happened with the original, and the new developer, all DJI Ronin-S owners with Macs are screwed.

Anyway, what are my, or any fellow MacOS & DJI Ronin S user's options? How can I update the firmware? Other than buy a PC?

2022-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules