Pocket 2 Recorded video with NO audio
4817 8 2022-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GianluSora
lvl.1
Italy

Hi,
i recorded a long video for my youtube channel where i talked all the time.
When I opened the files from my PC i noticed there was NO audio in ANY of the clip. I recorded 2 different clip (by stopping end restart the recording) and i have 5 video files in total (because of the splitting every 4GB) none of this clip has audio. So i tried to register a new clip and the audio was there.
So i think that turning off and back on the pocket 2 has resolved the issue, but now i have over 30 minutes of me speaking at the camera with NO audio and a i think that's impossible to recover the audio from these clips.
Now i'm constatly terrified by the possibility that sometimes the camera can record a clip without audio.
Is this a known issue? Is there an update i can force for get rid of this problem?
How can i be sure that in my clip the audio is working without connecting the pocket to a smarphone or deposit the clips into a PC?
Thank you.
2022-4-12
Use props
tomlesser
lvl.2
United States

Sorry to hear about your no-sound clips. You might find the answer to your question about monitoring the audio here:  https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mm-BONOaZtk
2022-4-12
Use props
GianluSora
lvl.1
Italy

tomlesser Posted at 4-12 11:48
Sorry to hear about your no-sound clips. You might find the answer to your question about monitoring the audio here:  https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mm-BONOaZtk

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this "monitor" option is available only with an external microphone.
2022-4-12
Use props
Hairi222
lvl.1

Malaysia

Same here. have you found any solution?
2022-7-23
Use props
Hairi222
lvl.1

Malaysia

2022-7-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TYpically that kind of problem relates to a faulty or inadequate memory card.  Try another one, or reformat that one, and maybe tell us what it is in case that reveals the problem.  Did you buy the card from a reputable source?  Of course it could be a hardware problem, but I would expect that either it would never work, or it would work but sometimes show signs of pending failure such as crackling noises.
2022-7-23
Use props
GianluSora
lvl.1
Italy

Hairi222 Posted at 7-23 07:36

Not happened anymore. My memory is a sandisk extreme (V30 U3 A2) that time when happened to me i was recording in 1080p 30fps so not stressing the memory card. Never had problems with the memory when recording at 4k60
2022-7-24
Use props
Hairi222
lvl.1

Malaysia

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-23 08:32
TYpically that kind of problem relates to a faulty or inadequate memory card.  Try another one, or reformat that one, and maybe tell us what it is in case that reveals the problem.  Did you buy the card from a reputable source?  Of course it could be a hardware problem, but I would expect that either it would never work, or it would work but sometimes show signs of pending failure such as crackling noises.

Am using the original 128 GB sandisk extreme, which works fine before. Formatted it as well. I've tried attaching the do-it-all handle & dji wireless mic transmitter to see if it's faulty on the pocket's mics but still no audio recorded. So yeah. The mic meter on DJI mimo is not moving at all
2022-7-24
Use props
djiuserpat
lvl.1
United States

Hairi222 Posted at 2022-7-24 19:06
Am using the original 128 GB sandisk extreme, which works fine before. Formatted it as well. I've tried attaching the do-it-all handle & dji wireless mic transmitter to see if it's faulty on the pocket's mics but still no audio recorded. So yeah. The mic meter on DJI mimo is not moving at all

Hello, i am having the same issue. Has your problem been resolved?
thank you
2023-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules