Does a Spark-compatible app work with A52s?
1227 1 2022-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowytirith
New
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I just got my Spark out again after quite a while, after a phone move from an S8 to an A52s 5G.

I last used the DJI Go app without problem on the S8, and I tried installing the same on my A52s, and I encountered the same issue that it seems half the world has, with the app immediately crashing with ''this app has a bug'. I tried installing old versions, the version from DJI's site, and nothing works. An older version of the DJI Fly app works fine, but doesn't support the Spark.

Then I worryingly noticed that the A52 isn't on DJI's compatible devices list - does this now mean I have no way to operate my Spark or is there a way to get a compatible app on this phone?

I know 'not compatible' usually just means it's not been tested, but I'm now bracing myself for the possibility that it doesn't work, full stop, and that I now have a very expensive paperweight. Does anyone have any applicable positive experience with this phone or similar?

Thanks!
2022-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there snowytirith. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung A52S ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Spark and for the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Spark and for the DJI Go 4 applications. There is a possibility that the Samsung A52S  will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI applications and for the DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application when in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark and for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application in the future. Thank you.
2022-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules