Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What Class of Drone is the Mavic Pro?
Also, UK Official drone laws and literature would be helpful. (Specifically for the Mavic Pro).

Definitive answers, please. Source's would help.

Thanks
Dragon
2022-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dragon. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who  is base in the UK and owns the DJI Mavic Pro can give out what classifications the DJI Mavic Pro falls in to. Thank you.
2022-4-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will be Legacy as it has no classification label.  
2022-4-12
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

HI Have a look on the CAA page it's all there, plus take particular notice of ARTICLE 16, it let's you fly in a lot more places. (area's used for recreation 30/50 meters from uninvolved people reducing to 15 metres for take off and landing) there's a lot there but have a good read.
ARTICLE 16, Requires you to be a member of FPV-UK or similar. But well worth it in my opinion.
2022-4-13
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 4-13 00:55
HI Have a look on the CAA page it's all there, plus take particular notice of ARTICLE 16, it let's you fly in a lot more places. (area's used for recreation 30/50 meters from uninvolved people reducing to 15 metres for take off and landing) there's a lot there but have a good read.
ARTICLE 16, Requires you to be a member of FPV-UK or similar. But well worth it in my opinion.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Hi UKMoose,

I've just taken a look at the FPV-UK page and Article 16. All seems very interesting.

I was asking this question as I'm revising for the CofC qualification. Despite now thinking I don't really need it, but I like to keep things above board, so still going to do it.

I probably will subscribe to the FPV-UK site. And I mean, I'd get an ID badge! xD

Thanks again mate
Edit: Also, I have already checked the CAA website, but it's literally a mountain of reading. Rather just get to the point of it. But as has been said and I agree, it's classed as a legacy drone. So that give me a better route to the required information
2022-4-13
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 4-13 18:10
Thank you everyone for your replies.

Hi UKMoose,

Your welcome mate, I have to say that alot of  it goes over my head but article 16 seems good for the type of flying I do. Don't forget you get £5 mil 3rd party insurance wit FPV-UK. Enjoy your Pro, I've never had any trouble with mine.
2022-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules