Using mini stick controller with wifi module
581 3 2022-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paparatzy
lvl.1
United States

I want to use my iPhone 13 as a monitor for the Osmo Pocket 2 but also want to use the Mini Stick Controller for smooth movements.  This means the data port of the pocket 2 will be used for the Stick Controller and the connection to the phone will be made through the All in One handle (wifi).

So, I'm looking for a holder that will securely hold the phone and Osmo Pocket 2 without the lighting connector but have only found ones that depend on connecting the two with the lighting connector, which also happens to create a more secure connection.

Anybody know of a 3rd party holder that would be secure in holding both the phone and the pocket 2 without the lighting connector?

2022-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paparatzy. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Since this is a 3rd party accessory that you want to use on your DJI Pocket 2. I hope that our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Pocket 2 and has the same setup can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-4-12
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Edit: nevermind, I misread your original post. Please ignore.

You could just connect to the Pocket 2 via its USB-C on the bottom or are you already using that for something else?
2022-4-13
Use props
Paparatzy
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I could do that with a USB-C to Lighting cable as long as I find a holder for both devices that is stable and secure enough since they won’t be making the physical connection.  I am looking for a holder that meets that criteria, which is the reason for my post.
UPDATE: I found exactly what I am looking for on Ali Express.  It is an aluminum holder for a phone and the Osmo Pocket and doesn't use springs to clamp on the phone or the Pocket. Each has adjustable clamps, tightened with a screw to enable a secure mount.  It has a 1/4" mount on the bottom for accessories or a tripod as well, which I like to use for when sitting the unit down temporarily or two hand holding, one on the osmo pocket and the other on the short tripod under the phone.

Thanks for the replies, maybe my find will benefit someone else.
Aluminum Alloy Smartphone Fixing Clamp Expansion Holder Mount Bracket for DJI OS.png

2022-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules