FPV rc with mini 2
3277 30 2022-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nOxxxx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Is there a theoretical chance to pair rc fpv controller with mini 2? Anyone tried what effects?
2022-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there nOxxxx. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-remote-controller-2 ) is only compatible with the DJI FPV Drone ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-drone ) and with the DJI FPV Goggles V2 ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-goggles-v2 ). Thank you.
2022-4-13
Use props
Musashi1984
New

Ireland

Hi there, Apologies for jumping onto your thread, it appears I don't have the permission to create a new thread on this forum.  Anyway, I live in Dublin, Ireland and while out for a hike in Glendalough, Wicklow, i found a Mavic Mini 2.  Looking at the videos on the sd card the drone crashed into a very tall tree and got stuck there on 14/08/21.  The owner and company look to be students, possibly visiting from abroad.  DJI, could you help find the owner via S/N? thank you.
2022-4-13
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Musashi1984 Posted at 4-13 04:42
Hi there, Apologies for jumping onto your thread, it appears I don't have the permission to create a new thread on this forum.  Anyway, I live in Dublin, Ireland and while out for a hike in Glendalough, Wicklow, i found a Mavic Mini 2.  Looking at the videos on the sd card the drone crashed into a very tall tree and got stuck there on 14/08/21.  The owner and company look to be students, possibly visiting from abroad.  DJI, could you help find the owner via S/N? thank you.

DJi admin can’t do that.
2022-4-13
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Sell it on ebay, move along.
2022-4-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think DJI can email the activating owner if they are given the serial number etc..
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, Apologies for jumping onto your thread, it appears I don't have the permission to create a new thread on this forum.  Anyway, I live in Dublin, Ireland and while out for a hike in Glendalough, Wicklow, i found a Mavic Mini 2.  Looking at the videos on the sd card the drone crashed into a very tall tree and got stuck there on 14/08/21.  The owner and company look to be students, possibly visiting from abroad.  DJI, could you help find the owner via S/N? thank you.

Hello there Musashi1984. Good day and thanks for reporting that you have found. For us to be able to assist you in finding the owner. Kindly please contact our DJI support team through this link ( http://www.dji.com/support ) and our team will be able to help accordingly. Thank you.
2022-4-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wa.jesse07 Posted at 4-13 07:59
DJi admin can’t do that.

ermm, well, technically yes, they actually could but won't or don't do it as a rule, probably far too many go missing or the drone may no longer be owned by the registered keeper and any other reasons i cant think of.
2022-4-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 4-13 09:18
Sell it on ebay, move along.

Well, that right there is promoting stealing but hey, i dont know what the US laws are but certainly here in the UK, that's theft.
2022-4-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NIce one, a great thing ya doing, I have not known DJI to assist in these endeavours in the past i cant see it happening anytime soon even though DJI Stephen gives the opposite impression. The forum staff are not privvy to many things DJI related, so bare that in mind when you contact support.

Does the drone have a number stuck to it like this for example GBR-OP-1234567891AA1 this can help to make sure anyone claiming its theres is truthful and means it was flown legally when it bit the big one.

Best bet in my opinion would be to post it in a few local facebook groups to where it was found and here wont hurt too https://dronesreunited.uk/

Tis a good thing ya doing, nice one
2022-4-13
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-13 22:52
Well, that right there is promoting stealing but hey, i dont know what the US laws are but certainly here in the UK, that's theft.

Well, in any other part of reality, when you find something worth something and the owner has abandoned it, it's yours.  
By your math, if you find a quarter on the beach, you'd actually leave it there?
Get real.
2022-4-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 4-14 02:13
Well, in any other part of reality, when you find something worth something and the owner has abandoned it, it's yours.  
By your math, if you find a quarter on the beach, you'd actually leave it there?
Get real.

You cannot compare a quarter with a £400+ device, UK law states that you must hand it into the police if you cannot find the owner,  After 6 months i think it is, if no one comes forth, then the item is yours. Thats the way it is in the UK, we aint in the US so i dont know your laws :/
2022-4-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 4-13 09:18
Sell it on ebay, move along.

Honesty and theft considerations aside, a drone that has spent 8 months in the open in Co Wicklow will probably have been soaked many times by rain if nothing else. The resale value of such a Mini 2 on ebay would hardly be worth the effort of advertising it, especially when you deduct transaction fees.

All praise to Musashi1984 for taking the honest and honourable route. Hence my starting https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9&page=1#pid2719562
2022-4-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-14 05:36
You cannot compare a quarter with a £400+ device, UK law states that you must hand it into the police if you cannot find the owner,  After 6 months i think it is, if no one comes forth, then the item is yours. Thats the way it is in the UK, we aint in the US so i dont know your laws :/

Bashy, in most cases in the U.S., after thirty days.
2022-4-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

A lot of states in the US have some sort of "Finders Keepers" law.

Usually, this means:
  • If you find obviously abandoned property which you can prove was abandoned, legally, you can claim it as yours.
  • If you find lost or misplaced property, you must make a concerted and documentable effort to find the owner. After a set amount of time, usually between 30 and 90 days, you can legally claim it as yours. *'Lost' means that the property was involuntarily placed somewhere. 'Misplaced' means that the propert was voluntarily placed somewhere and forgotten.*
  • Any income made off of the sale of the property must be claimed on taxes. Some states even require you to find out the value of the item and claim that amount on your taxes as income.

In this case, if it were in the US, the drone was obvously lost and the finder is making a concerted and documentable effort to find the owner. Thus, if the owner is not found within the allotted timeframe, the finder can legally sell it if they want.
2022-4-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys, i expected there to be in place something at least
2022-4-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turns out i missed the Southern part, Thanks Sean, thats not the UK, i am currently trying to find something for Southern Ireland and struggling, bare with...

I have found this,

''A finder of property acquires no rights in mislaid property, is entitled to possession of lost property against everyone except the true owner, and is entitled to keep abandoned property”
2022-4-14
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-14 05:57
Honesty and theft considerations aside, a drone that has spent 8 months in the open in Co Wicklow will probably have been soaked many times by rain if nothing else. The resale value of such a Mini 2 on ebay would hardly be worth the effort of advertising it, especially when you deduct transaction fees.

There are many structural parts that are water proof, like frame, arms etc ... there is a market, and it is worth it.

I would hope it is not traceable, for privacy reasons if nothing else.  
2022-4-14
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-14 08:34
Turns out i missed the Southern part, Thanks Sean, thats not the UK, i am currently trying to find something for Southern Ireland and struggling, bare with...

I have found this,

nice blurb of copy/paste.  show a screenshot of the law, quoted, or a link.
2022-4-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 4-14 17:22
There are many structural parts that are water proof, like frame, arms etc ... there is a market, and it is worth it.

I would hope it is not traceable, for privacy reasons if nothing else.

I am aware of what bits are likely to be salvageable, I bought a sea swimming Mavic 2 Pro for that very reason but it cost me a pittance in an ebay auction, other than the body plastics and metal of the gimbal frame everying else was literally destroyed.
Yes I have seen CLEAN mini series drones that have been for a swim sell for reasonable or daft money but after 8 months in the open it's unlikely to look good.
DJI will not release the details of the owner but assuming the owner was the person who activated and or bound the drone DJI can contact that person, DJI have their email address, and, with the appropriate permissions put the owner and finder in contact with one another.
I recollect a thread where this was done.
2022-4-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 4-14 17:22
nice blurb of copy/paste.  show a screenshot of the law, quoted, or a link.

You do know that you can highlight the text and right-click on it to search the web, right?

I put my hands up when it was pointed out to me in PM that it was Southern Ireland and therefore not in the UK, i ran a reasonable search to find something for the country with regards to finders keepers, their terms of law are very well hidden because all i could find copied and pasted here for your perusal, yet you now want me to spoon feed you as well?, Its just turn 4:00am, ive not long woke up and going back to bed once ive had my cappuccino so no, sorry, ive given you the tools to do it yourself, its very easy, even my phone  has the option to web search from a highlighted link, fill ya boots

EDIT: sorry, i quoted the wrong post so i had to remove the quote and added the correct one but i cant remove the formatting, ive tried, carry on....
2022-4-14
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Musashi1984, Good of you to try.
2022-5-6
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-13 09:19
I think DJI can email the activating owner if they are given the serial number etc..

Yes, they can.

I bought a used Mini-1, and I wanted to transfer it to bind it to my account instead of the previous owner's. DJI Support helped me do that, and IIRC they said they emailed the previous owner.

It worked.

I've started including a Word file on all of my SD cards that has my contact info in it. Cheap insurance! I also have the registration number displayed, as required.

TCS
2022-5-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 5-8 12:23
Yes, they can.

I bought a used Mini-1, and I wanted to transfer it to bind it to my account instead of the previous owner's. DJI Support helped me do that, and IIRC they said they emailed the previous owner.

so how do you reformat your sd card?  or, do you never reformat it?  or, if you do then you copy that txt file back to the card.  lol

if i found electronics, i would never place the media device into any of my computers.  but that's just paranoid me, the avg person will probably fall for something like that and that's why people lose their computers to ransom when they click on open-me-if-found.exe or $$reward$$.exe lol lol
2022-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chaosrider Posted at 5-8 12:23
I bought a used Mini-1, and I wanted to transfer it to bind it to my account instead of the previous owner's.

What drone are you talking about, there is no such thing as a "Mini-1".
If you are talking about a Mavic Mini then I have the recollection of having looked to see in a Mavic Mini could be bound to my account and it could not, binding was not offered. In fact I just check two Mavic Minis and neither could be bound, App version 1.5.4.
2022-5-8
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

There are third part y apps and glasses that you can pair them with but you need to do a bit of research.
2022-5-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-8 13:30
so how do you reformat your sd card?  or, do you never reformat it?  or, if you do then you copy that txt file back to the card.  lol

if i found electronics, i would never place the media device into any of my computers.  but that's just paranoid me, the avg person will probably fall for something like that and that's why people lose their computers to ransom when they click on open-me-if-found.exe or $$reward$$.exe lol lol

I never reformat my SD cards. I never formatted them at all until I got the FPV, which wouldn't work right until I formatted the cards.

Thx,

TCS
2022-5-9
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-8 23:25
What drone are you talking about, there is no such thing as a "Mini-1".
If you are talking about a Mavic Mini then I have the recollection of having looked to see in a Mavic Mini could be bound to my account and it could not, binding was not offered. In fact I just check two Mavic Minis and neither could be bound, App version 1.5.4.

Mini-1 is my name for what's traditionally called the Mavic Mini. I reserve the unqualified term "Mini" for the entire Mini-species!

I couldn't get the used Mini-1 to bind to my account by myself. I contacted DJI Support, and they worked with me to get it done.

I've had very good experiences with DJI Support.

Thx,

TCS
2022-5-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chaosrider Posted at 5-9 06:29
I couldn't get the used Mini-1 to bind to my account by myself. I contacted DJI Support, and they worked with me to get it done.

Perhaps you could pass on that information?
2022-5-9
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

hunterws Posted at 4-14 02:13
By your math, if you find a quarter on the beach, you'd actually leave it there?
Get real.

If I found a drone I would try to contact the owner, even if I may not have any legal obligation to do so. It just seems like the civilized thing to do. However, after a reasonable amount of effort and time on my part, I would indeed accept that I have a new drone.

In my very early droning days, I had a (non-DJI, non-GPS) drone fly away, and despite searching, both on foot and with the Mini-2 that I got to replace it, it was just gone. Until 10 months later, when one of my neighbors found it under some sagebrush, and brought it back to me!

All of my DJI drones are identified with their FAA Registration Number, which is required, and my phone number, which isn't required but is a good idea.

TCS
2022-5-11
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-9 07:05
Perhaps you could pass on that information?

They basically did it in the background.

I described my situation to DJI Support, and gave them the serial number. Not long thereafter, the issue was resolved.

But after I learned how to sync my FPV logs into the DJI Fly, and did that, the Mini-1 vanished from my list again! I sent in a new inquiry about that yesterday, and I expect it will get resolved (again) soon.

Thx,

TCS
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules