Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need some help customizing the software to control the RoboMaster S1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkyMayhem
lvl.1

United States

Hello All!  I am happy to be a new member  of the community!  A partner and I have developed a utility robot based on the S1 to do health and safty inspections in certian industrial areas.
He is the roboticist and visionary, and I am more of a background character.....  We love the platform, and have essentially used a fair number of S1 parts, a fully custom engineered chasis and battery box, custom lighting and a proprietry [thus far - we don't mind sharing!] booster system that I've developed to extend the range of the bot by about 5x!

Here's what I need help with and information on, and am having some issues:

Firstly, I would like to create a custom control program for the bot - which essentially would change the initial UI of the existing software [remove "Battle" "Solo" options, branding] - essentially grafting a new front end to the control portion of the app.  Also, I am using the gun controls currently to power a lighting system, we've just changed the lighting to a dimmable system with a more diffuse beam, and I would like to be able to control the brightness [as opposed to the on/off and voltage regulator I am using now] - I was thinking this should be possible either through a small aurduino nano interface taking signals from the gun control, or perhaps integrating with the system that changes LED colors.

I am not at all familiar with the software for the S1 or the licensing thereof.  I thought things were mostly open source, but I could be wrong.

Anyone who could perhaps point me in the right direction, I would be very appreciative.  I am familiar with Python, as far as that goes, but I do believe I will be needing assistance in this project, and proper compensation is something we believe in.

I hope this inquiry isn't against the rules, and hope to hear from the community soon!

Thank You!

-Mark

2022-4-13
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

You can use my SDK hack to get the EP SDK working on the S1 and, then, you can basically use it to create a completely custom app to do whatever you want.
2022-4-13
Use props
MarkyMayhem
lvl.1

United States

BGA Posted at 4-13 15:42
You can use my SDK hack to get the EP SDK working on the S1 and, then, you can basically use it to create a completely custom app to do whatever you want.

BGA -

Thank you so very much for the direction!  I am, I have to admit, completely new to the robomaster... everything.

I've realized the EP is a different robot, I've yet to look at the software or customization thereof, but if you're saying that SDK allows for a completely custom app, that is EXACTLY what I want!

Where, good sir, would one find your SDK hack?  

Thanks again, and have a great day!
2022-4-14
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

MarkyMayhem Posted at 4-14 06:57
BGA -

Thank you so very much for the direction!  I am, I have to admit, completely new to the robomaster... everything.

https://www.bug-br.org.br/s1_sdk_hack.zip
2022-4-14
Use props
MarkyMayhem
lvl.1

United States

BGA Posted at 4-14 19:56
https://www.bug-br.org.br/s1_sdk_hack.zip

Sweet! Thank you, Sir!
2022-4-15
Use props
Advanced