Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olivier1504
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8196 ft

France

Hello,
I have had a mavic mini 2 for almost a year and I discovered a problem:
I haven't used it for several months and now the 3 batteries no longer charge, whether in the hub, together or one by one or in the device.  The diodes flash together 3 times then start again continuously, and no charge takes place.  Does anyone know this problem and know how to fix it?
Thank you!

2022-4-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you put the batteries away at a low charge level it is possible there is a chip on their control boards that, as the voltage dropped, has switched the connections between the battery cells and the output terminals to open circuit.
If so then unfortunately the batteries are toast unless you have the equipment and software to reset the chip.

Have you tried charging them in the drone itself?
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Olivier1504. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you. Thank you.
2022-4-13
Use props
Olivier1504
lvl.1

France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-13 16:51
If you put the batteries away at a low charge level it is possible there is a chip on their control boards that, as the voltage dropped, has switched the connections between the battery cells and the output terminals to open circuit.
If so then unfortunately the batteries are toast unless you have the equipment and software to reset the chip.

Hello,
Yes I did and it doesn’t work either
2022-4-13
Use props
Olivier1504
lvl.1

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-13 19:30
Hello there Olivier1504. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you. Thank you.
Here is a video
https://youtube.com/shorts/9CCP4xcEgnA?feature=share
We see that for a few seconds it starts to charge directly, then that the diodes start flashing 3 times all together.  then from time to time it stops, one or 2 diodes flash once, and it starts again.
The buzzing that we hear on the video surprises me because it is not audible otherwise and stops just when I plug.
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Olivier1504 Posted at 4-13 21:57
Here is a video
https://youtube.com/shorts/9CCP4xcEgnA?feature=share
We see that for a few seconds it starts to charge directly, then that the diodes start flashing 3 times all together.  then from time to time it stops, one or 2 diodes flash once, and it starts again.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have checked your video. Would you please seek further assistance from our support? You may reach out to them through this link:
https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
Please remember to send them the photos of your batteries with SN on the side.
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-4-13
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

I have the EXACT same problem.
I bought the mini 2 over a year ago, flown it twice, charged the batteries (as they should self discharge to a safe storage level) and now one of my batteries does the same. Due to covid i had no chance of using it as my house is in a no fly zone.

A firmware update fixed this problem if i understand correctly, but when i dont use my drone,... it does not update...

i only used it once, but as the warranty period is over, DJI says: to bad, buy a new one....

pfff
so dji makes a (well known) mistake in the software/firmware, and the users should pay for it? nah... not nice DJI... not nice at all!
2022-4-22
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

BadBert Posted at 4-22 05:48
I have the EXACT same problem.
I bought the mini 2 over a year ago, flown it twice, charged the batteries (as they should self discharge to a safe storage level) and now one of my batteries does the same. Due to covid i had no chance of using it as my house is in a no fly zone.

So you are mad that your battery didn't work as expected, the manufacturer released an update that fixed the issue, and you didn't bother to install the update before doing the exact thing the update is for?

I'm not seeing where DJI is at fault here...
2022-4-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-22 06:15
So you are mad that your battery didn't work as expected, the manufacturer released an update that fixed the issue, and you didn't bother to install the update before doing the exact thing the update is for?

I'm not seeing where DJI is at fault here...

you could be right.... but...

nobody notified me that the update was there, nobody even notified me that the problem was there!

DJI should have sent me an email (i bought directly from them, i am subscribed to news etc) telling me there is an update that i really need to install (and when i don't it could do some damage to the unit)

Suggesting i "did not bother to install" is wrong... if i knew the update was there, i would have installed it right away... but if nobody tells me there is an update that important, how could i know?

So yeah, i am a little mad... these batteries are not cheap (and not in stock anywhere atm)
2022-4-24
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Ok guys.... update....

i emailed customer service again explaining my specific situation regarding this lipo, and they sayd: Ship us the lipo and we will see what we can do.

Just received an email stating they are replacing the lipo free of charge!

NICE!
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules