fn Button - Recenter Gimbal Not Working
1250 4 2022-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I'm relatively new to the Mini 2.  So far everything has been going well and I've also purchased Maven to experiment with tracking.  But one issue I cannot figure out is the option that allows the fn button on the controller to "recenter gimbal".  No matter what I change in the Fly app settings (click / dbl click), this doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I found the forum thread below that suggests calibrating the gimbal resolves this issue.  I'm hesitant to run an unnecessary calibration procedure when the gimbal appears to be working correctly in every other respect.  But it would be handy to reset the gimbal angle with a simple button press.

Also - that thread seems to suggest that the "recentered" angle is -90' (looking down)...  Is that correct ?  I'd really expect the "recentered" position to be 0' looking ahead...

Posting here because I think the "Care & Use" forum doesn't get a lot of views...

Thanks!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =233903&pid=2719690

2022-4-14
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

It's both, -90 ° AND 0 °, alternates with every push of the button.
Would you mind showing a screenshot of your settings in the app?
2022-4-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

I'll upload a screenshot later as I currently do not have the drone with me.  But everything seems pretty straightforward - I assigned the recenter gimbal option to the fn button trying both click and dbl click, but no effect.  No system warnings or messages regarding the gimbal, which works perfectly fine in every respect.  Manual control works with the dial as expected.  Just nothing from the fn button...

But glad to hear the recentering is both -90' AND 0'...  Does it alternate between those angles with every button press ?  Or is there a way of somehow selecting -90' vs 0' somehow ?

I could see this would also be useful because it seems like it's pretty easy to overshoot the 0' angle if you also have the option for gimbal looking upward enabled...  Frequently I pass 0' with the dial and have to back up a bit...
2022-4-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

So I played around a bit more preparing to take a screenshot of my settings and got it working without recalibrating the gimbal.  I believe what ultimately resolved it was setting the fn button to a different option - I set both click and double click to swap camera/map views which both worked as expected (though I discovered you need to have the map thumbnail visible for that to work), then I set the click option to recenter the gimbal.  I swear that I had tried changing the settings to other options and back before, but today after I set it back to the recenter option everything started working.  This issue might be similar to how the flying mode switch on the controller often starts out in Normal mode even if it is set to Cini mode, and you need to move the switch off Cini and back before it takes effect.

Anyway, problem solved!
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TomKatt. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and thank you for reaching out. It is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules