DJI Fly comatible with Samsung S 22?
14955 68 2022-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bA8suIlmlbqz
lvl.1

United States

I am new to all of this, and am ready to buy my first drone. I have the s22 ultra. Should I even bother with dji? Are there options that may be better.  I realize this is not truly related to the topic, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2022-10-25
Use props
djiuser_B9SPwr0oRC1I
lvl.2

Italy

Hi all, yesterday Dji released new 1.7.8 version of Dji Fly and finally it works correctly on s22 ultra with mavic mini.
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_5W4cwkDdv3rj
New

Croatia

DJI Please respond quick!!! I am using my new S22 Ultra and there is no chance that I can use my DJI Mavic mini app with my drone, It just not working. Calibration is not working, camera too, app crashing because NEW EMUI 5.0 and Samsung update to 13. Version! Its just awful that you cannot fix this ISSUES and the samsung s22 ultra came out 8 and a half months ago, shame on DJI! I am very dissapointed at you right now! I hope you will read my appel and message and hope you' ll work on in to fix this Quick! Thank you and goodbye!
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_5W4cwkDdv3rj
New

Croatia

djiuser_88RuEkrQzUxF Posted at 7-4 00:57
Hi I'm having a issue my my s22 phone ..it Flys perfectly but there is no visual on my phone...but when I press record and go into the album I can see the video...so just a recap...blank screen when flying press record and the go into the album I can view what I recorded...can you show me how to fix it asap...was working perfectly with my s10..the drone I have is a dji mini se purchased 4 months ago[Image]
Same problem i have. SHAME YOURSELF DJI FIX IT QUICK!!!
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Xg6F4jWdhhVZ
New
Flight distance : 7362 ft
United States

When will there be a compatible version for the s22+
2022-11-3
Use props
Digitek
lvl.1

United States

DJI, please be advised we are returning the 4 DJI Avata kits (Drone + Goggles + Motion Controller Kit) our family just purchased from Amazon due to this issue.  To not support Samsung's latest Android device (S22 Ultra) that's been out for 9+ months is greatly limiting and disappointing.  We have to first register / connect the device to the DJI Fly App to have full flight functionality.  So we cannot use the Drones at all and will be returning all 4.  Looks like there are some GOPRO FPV options we are purchasing now.  I hope you can resolve this, we will take a look later next year and see if DJI decides to support Android devices for their drones then.  
2022-11-4
Use props
Schiksie
lvl.1

Netherlands

Just tested 1.7.8 quickly on my S22+ and it seems the camera is now working without the need of doing any tricks to get an image . Will ofcourse have to try outside in longer flights to see if it will hold up.
2022-11-5
Use props
djiuser_ZMbxlJGtMyro
New
Italy

Buonasera a tutti ho seri problemi con samsung s22..mi dice sempre di calibrare il radiocomando e ho errori mentre il drone è in volo...come posso risolvere?
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_ZMbxlJGtMyro
New
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-14 18:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the Samsung S22 is not on the compatibility list of the DJI Fly. It may work however, we cannot guarantee the stability of the application on the said mobile device since it is not fully tested. If you have any issues in use, don't hesitate to contact us. WE will highly recommend you use the recommended mobile device listed to avoid any issues and problems. Please note that support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Ho lo stesso problema con s22...come posso risolvere?
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ZMbxlJGtMyro Posted at 11-20 11:17
Ho lo stesso problema con s22...come posso risolvere?

Hello, djiuser_ZMbxlJGtMyro. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What specific issues are you having and what drone are you using? We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_5zhxljP5OMuq
New
Flight distance : 1870 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-16 17:22
Hi, Startup. Samsung Galaxy S21 is compatible with DJI Fly. Please rest assured to use it.

It might have been compatible before but my S21 Ultra has stopped working after the latest DJI update and no longer connects. All i get is 10 to 20 seconds of connection then the screen goes black and white and Disconnected from RC is displayed.
Was working perfectly until the last update.
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_5zhxljP5OMuq Posted at 11-23 23:07
It might have been compatible before but my S21 Ultra has stopped working after the latest DJI update and no longer connects. All i get is 10 to 20 seconds of connection then the screen goes black and white and Disconnected from RC is displayed.
Was working perfectly until the last update.

Hello, djiuser_5zhxljP5OMuq. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us a screenshot of the exact error message for further checking? Also, please include a screenshot of the About Page which shows the firmware versions of the drone and RC and the app version. We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-24
Use props
djiuser_wsmelI4c0eGk
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I successfully transferred the DJI fly app from my old phone using the smart switch option to get it on my S22 Ultra and this was working fine a number of months ago for my mini 2. My phone recently updated to UI 5 (android 13) and the app functionality has broken. Whenever I open the app it crashes. I have tried to redownload a version from the Galaxy store (as it is not on the Google play store) and this also crashes. Please can you give me an update as to when the app will be updated for android 13 on the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?

Regarding some people who are seeing a black screen, i used to have this on my old Mini 2 that I purchased from Currys, it was hit and miss whether it would show something or not. I have returned my drone for replacement and since it had worked find the number of times i used it afterwards. If you can get a replacement due to the drone being faulty I would suggest this, you will have your consumer rights protected in England and should be able to claim warranty from wherever you purchased it from as it is not an error on your behalf but a faulty drone.
2022-11-30
Use props
Chelle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12169 ft
Brazil

619njkgmail.com Posted at 2022-7-1 23:44
Wth? My brand new dji mavic mini drone isn't compatible with my S22 ultra. What a joke. I see a law suit coming fast. I'm not happy. And reading the reviews a lot of people aren't. When is the estimated time to fix this? I already opened everything and now I can't return my drone that's nonfunctional with my phone...

Conseguiu algo? Cai nessa arapuca tb e estou com meu mini 3 pro na gaveta com o s22 ultra no bolso
2023-1-9
Use props
Chelle
lvl.2
Brazil

Olá Amigos da DJI

Estou prestes a gastar mais 2 mil reais com um controle RC para meu mini 3 pro pois adquiri a versão RCn1 e não é compátivel com meu galaxy s22 ultra.
Gostaria de saber se devo comprar o controle para poder voar ou tem previsão de atualização para resolver esse problema? Podem nos dar uma previsão de atualização direcionada a este problema?
Lembrando que estes 2 mil reais do controle é o dinheiro que eu ia investir no combo flymore para mais baterias. Podem nos ajudar? Gerar um desconto para usuários comprar o controle ou flymore algo que ajude os usuários de s22 ultra?
2023-1-10
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31562 ft
United States

djiuser_VKXwdFArEWKD Posted at 2022-9-7 05:28
Why are you not correcting this issue? Is it political? It certainly isn't technical ineptitude because you built the damn drone. My mavi air was wY to expensive to live forever in a box

I know exactly what you mean along with a few hundred other Dji customers.
Pathetic! Even if a phone works you never know if a new release will continue to work.
Maybe they can't make anything forward and reverse compatible. If it were not for us purchasers no one at Dji would know what works either is my guess! Why are they getting with with this? We need the help of competition in the arena.
2023-1-12
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-4-14 18:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the Samsung S22 is not on the compatibility list of the DJI Fly. It may work however, we cannot guarantee the stability of the application on the said mobile device since it is not fully tested. If you have any issues in use, don't hesitate to contact us. WE will highly recommend you use the recommended mobile device listed to avoid any issues and problems. Please note that support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Ever consider writing the code directed at a known OS system and build on it while you make it reverse compatible too?
2023-1-12
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
United States

Bob Martinson Posted at 2022-9-4 06:38
Sept. 4, 2022, S22 Ultra phone isn't working with dji fly app. Is there a fix yet? It wouldn't even open. I found a video showing how to install the app, but it won't connect to aircraft. Maybe DJI will send us back $1000.00 a piece?

The fix is to keep putting the word out and pray for a better competitor product. That, is the answer pure and simple!
2023-1-12
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
United States

Mr. Motta Posted at 2022-10-2 07:43
I cant believe this. Brand new phone and cannot use my drone. Unreal!

I'm all for a class action lawsuit. I've work in several engineering positions over 45+ years and I have never seen such a lousy supported product.
DJI, design a controller of your own to work with various model families. Save money by laying off the 100 people needed to see what phones do and don't work and save your reputation.
No matter what you do though. Stay out of the phone business. it is not your bag!!
2023-1-12
Use props
Chelle
lvl.2
Brazil

Só para esclarecer... comprei o RC controler com tela... liguei meu drone mini 3 pro configurei tudo certinho atualizei... e Tela preta !!!! Sim Galera.. o mesmo problema que tive no meu s22 ultra... funciona tudo mas não tenho imagem no s22 ultra e agora tambem no RC controler! Não sei oq houve... tentei de tudo e agora estou indo procurar uma assistência autorizada a 100km da minha cidade. Até agora foi a pior compra da minha vida em matéria de drones... espero que tudo se resolva e eu possa voar e trabalhar para recuperar o tempo o dinheiro perdido com esse investimento.
2023-1-23
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_IidNlr6E6czL Posted at 2022-8-4 09:21
Hey there. For those having issues with this, I tried this possible solution:

Android 12 Users INSTALL THIS! DJI Fly App 1.5.1 (2025) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_-mOS24jHM

I just purchased the  S twenty two ultra hoping it would work and so far I haven't had an issues I think mInean has version 12 Android.
One thing I can do you is the voice recognition on
S22 is worse than awful!!!
2023-2-22
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
United States

Another thing about the 22. This In regard to the Phantom for pro plus Is that I did get the map box to work and switch between the main screen the problem is the map shows my location and it shows the restricted areas? But it doesn't show any street names etc. So After Unknown amount of days At least it's not black and in switches how it is shows the restricted area and not show my street name is beyond me!
In case anybody happens to knows the fix I would certainly like to know. .
2023-2-22
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Lc66PGUOrrdZ Posted at 2022-8-27 07:31
That version did work for a little while in early August, until android updated around 8/14. I was flyong a ton, then overnight with the new update, back to nothing but a black screen

What's software were you using Before it quit?
I believe I have The latest or next to it but mine slhows my position but no Street names nothing Well except it does show  the no fly zones.
2023-2-22
Use props
fans8d873b31
lvl.2
United States

LouisvilleZ7 Posted at 2022-9-4 08:35
I would download the 1.5.1 app version off apkarchive until they fix this issue.   My mini flies fine with this,  but anything newer is a black screen.   I have s22 ultra.

Louisville!
My old stomping ground!
what version you usi
ng that worked?
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_LBxfzKDqg3Vz
New

United States

djiuser_88RuEkrQzUxF Posted at 2022-7-4 00:57
Hi I'm having a issue my my s22 phone ..it Flys perfectly but there is no visual on my phone...but when I press record and go into the album I can see the video...so just a recap...blank screen when flying press record and the go into the album I can view what I recorded...can you show me how to fix it asap...was working perfectly with my s10..the drone I have is a dji mini se purchased 4 months ago[Image]

Where did you get the software? I found the DJI Fly software on their website, but it doesnt work on my Galaxy S22 Ultra.
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_LBxfzKDqg3Vz Posted at 4-22 12:08
Where did you get the software? I found the DJI Fly software on their website, but it doesnt work on my Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. You may install the DJI Fly app from this link. If you encounter errors, please post a screenshot of it, and confirm the DJI drone you're using. We'd love to help you further. Please keep us posted.
2023-4-22
Use props
djiuser_LPZTPXGkwitv
New
Flight distance : 76378 ft
United States

So its been a whole year and still no update?
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_LPZTPXGkwitv
New
Flight distance : 76378 ft
United States

Quick update. Unofficial, but proven to work if your using s22. Go to Google playstore and DL any apk installer. DL the latest DJI fly app and install it through the apk installer. Goes without saying,but make sure you calibrate, and perform any firmware, fly zone updates. Happy flying
2023-4-24
Use props
Ben Maynard
New

United Kingdom

Has this status changed? I still cannot get my S22 to work with the DJI app. Its August 2023!!!
2023-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules