DJI Mic Cutting out/Losing Signal
4367 11 2022-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_User_I_B
New

United States

Just received my DJI Mic and have been putting it through some tests.
Everything has been great except, when I am about 20 yards or further from the receiver and turn my body (mic is connected to my shirt), the mic either cuts out or sounds choppy. I understand line of sight is best, but I just didn't expect it to cut out from such a short distance.

Is anyone having a similar issue? Is there a firmware update? Is there a setting I might have missed? Might be a bad unit etc

I will be reaching out to support for support lol, but double checking here.
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DJI_User_I_B. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mic ( https://www.dji.com/mic?site=brandsite&from=nav ) the maximum reception distance of the DJI Mic receiver is at 250 meters in open environments without interference. Kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-4-14
Use props
Da-Cidre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17700 ft
United States

I have to say you're not the only one experiencing this. I just put the DJI Mic into production for a 2nd day and even at 3 meters where the transmitter is tucked behind the talent the mic cuts out and is choppy at times. It occurs frequent enough its a concern for my productions.

Do you think there'll be a firmware to fix this?
2022-4-22
Use props
DJI_User_I_B
New

United States

I do hope there is some sort of a fix. I compared it to the ROD---e system and no drop outs or chop. I feel there will be more and more user complaining in the near future.
2022-4-23
Use props
Mike Austin
lvl.1

Canada

Ive shot 5 weddings in the last 2 weeks, and have had signal issues during all of them. Thank goodness I had the backup recording going. The signal is absolutely horrible unless direct in a very short line of sight scenario, and from what I've seen it does not pass through bodies well at all. What really prompted my disgust was the wedding I just did this weekend. The ceremony went horrible and the audio was absolutely inaudible and broken. I was 50' away from the bride and groom and had one mic on the officiant, and one on the groom. Both were bad. And for the reception, I was literally 20 ft away from the podium where I had the TX mounted to and I was getting down to 2 bars of signal on the RX. I even asked the DJ to turn off his mic, so I could troubleshoot and still the issue persisted.  I am going to be returning this unit unfortunately... Back to my Rode Wireless Go II for the time being. I have a feeling this is why DJI was delaying the shipping of these over the last year. Bummer.. Ive tried uploading a video and photo showing this, but the forum is giving me a popup that says "group" file size too large... O well..
2022-8-22
Use props
Alexandremix
New

Portugal

Hello, I used this mics for the first time yesterday and I had a lot of disconnects even 4 meters away from the reciever. basically this was a live event and i was following the presenter the whole time. a lot of audio issues and the audio was bad and everyone complained. Today i have the same event and unfortunately i cant buy a rode 2 , i was loooking for a fix for today, but it seems its a design flaw.
2022-11-20
Use props
TMARC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 525217 ft
Lithuania

Did you try to return it? maybe its faulty? I have same issue, thank for posting video examples
2023-7-17
Use props
TMARC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 525217 ft
Lithuania

Did you try to return it? maybe its faulty? I have same issue, thank for posting video examples
2023-7-17
Use props
J.CHAT
New
France

Same issue. On my first use It was ok until 40 meters but now I start to loose the signal really close like 5 meters of if the person hide it too much with his body.  No solutions from DJI ??
2023-8-8
Use props
airpix.fi/en
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

The DJI mic is indeed a bad quality joke. The range is abysmal.
I use my DJI mic with Shure MVL lavalier mic that should have no interference problem when connected to the DJI mic. And I have two of them so it cant be the mic.
Still I get really horrible signal issues just meters away from the talent when the transmitter is clipped to the belt of the talent so his/hers body is between transmitter and receiver.
Here is one example from today. Filmed outdoors, no wind, no heavy rf noise or interference. The audio signal cuts meters away from the talent. The noise is really bad at 2.50 for example:
This is just rediculous.
At the same time my much older RodeLink Filmmaker kit works perfectly and with no issues at all.

2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_yQwQ5gXhfj3K
New
Norway

Same issue here with a lavalier mic (different brands tested) while hiding the transmitter behind the talent or in a thin pocket (jacket or trousers), less than 5m away from receiver - indoor. Random drop-outs and clicks. Luckily the backup recording saved the day.

This is unacceptable and I have not experienced this bad connection with any older systems I own. Quite disappointing as form factor and UX otherwise are great, but what does that count for when it’s this unreliable.

Hoping for a replacement or fix in the near future.

2023-11-14
Use props
picselling
New

Spain

Hello, I work doing direct and impossible. Fails. The video cuts off in all the live shows and we have to disconnect it. Any solution?
2023-11-19
Use props
djiuser_2Ep7FZxKZxoI
New

Thailand

Same problem with me. The radio mic keeps dropping out during an important recording.
The camera and microphone dropped out multiple time during a live stream as well. The disappointing thing is DJI has not even commented.
Will be returning my unit.
4-21 22:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules