17391 13 2022-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsutter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2021 ft
United States

Hello All,
I am a novice user with a recently purchased DJI Mini 2.  I updated the firmware successfully.
However, when I attempt to calibrate the IMU, the process reaches 96% but goes no further.
I have let it run for 20 minutes or more on multiple occasions to no avail
I'm open for suggestions.
Here are the specifics of my DJI Mini 2
Aircraft SN:  5DXCJBG1A32F9C

Flight Controller SN:  5FSCJBC01107GT

Remote Controller SN:  3QDCJBG006Q9AQ

Camera SN:  1SF0JA90AB0YWQ

Aircraft Firmware:  01.04.0000

RC Firmware:  04.11.0032

FlySafe Database:  01.00.01.26

FlySafe Database for App:  01.00.01.26

App Version:  1.5.10

2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If the IMU calibration fails, please try the below methods first.

1. Restart the drone. Note that the aircraft needs to be placed on a level surface and ensure that the operation is correct.

2. Please confirm whether the aircraft has crashed. If yes, please apply for an online repair request and then send it back for further verification.

3. Please try to refresh the firmware version and calibrate again.

4. Please calibrate in an environment without signal interference and try again.

If the calibration fails several times and confirms the operation is correct, please apply for an online repair request and then send it back for further verification.  Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-4-14
Use props
rsutter
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the response.  The aircraft has not crashed.  All firmware has been updated.  I have attempted to update the IMU in multiple locations,  In all cases, the process failed at 95-96%.  Since I purchased the DJI Mini 2 through Costco two days ago, I'll return it to them as defective and purchase another one.  This should be quicker than sending it to DJI for repairs.
2022-4-15
Use props
rsutter
lvl.1
United States

I was able to successfully calibrate the IMU by following the steps set forth at https://lccsdrone.com/imu-calibration-stuck/.  
As stated previously, I returned my DJI Mini 2 to Costco and purchased an identical one in the store.
Suspecting that it was the firmware update that kept me from calibrating the IMU, I attempted to recalibrate before I updated the firmware.
No cigar.  I experienced the same failure.  The calibration process stopped at either 95 or 96%.
I updated the firmware and repeated the process, again with similar results.
Finally I Googled the IMU calibration failure issue and found the resource that I cite above (https://lccsdrone.com/imu-calibration-stuck/)
Heeding the instructions, I first made sure that the DJI Mini 2 was on an absolutely level surface.  I confirmed this with a 2' level, shimming a plywood base until  the drone was perfectly level.
I initiated the IMU calibration process.  I placed the drone on the plywood base facing up, all propeller arms folded
When the calibration process reached 95%, I repositioned the drone on its right side and waited for a few seconds as the calibration continued.
I then placed the drone on its left side and waited again.
Next I picked up the drone and held it in contact with the base , camera facing upward.
Finally I put the drone on its back and waited.
The calibration succeeded.
Hopefully the recounting of my experience will be useful to others.  I strongly suggest that DJI improve its instructions
2022-4-17
Use props
fansc1cbfe9a
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thank you, @rsutter! The Mini 3 Pro has still the same problem: the software doesn't tell you when to go to the next step.
2022-8-10
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

rsutter Posted at 4-17 12:39
I was able to successfully calibrate the IMU by following the steps set forth at https://lccsdrone.com/imu-calibration-stuck/.  
As stated previously, I returned my DJI Mini 2 to Costco and purchased an identical one in the store.
Suspecting that it was the firmware update that kept me from calibrating the IMU, I attempted to recalibrate before I updated the firmware.

And a big thank you from this new user for I too had the same problem which was resolved Only after reading your post rsutter.
2022-12-21
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-14 19:14
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If the IMU calibration fails, please try the below methods first.

1. Restart the drone. Note that the aircraft needs to be placed on a level surface and ensure that the operation is correct.

@DJI Wanda
rsutter's research certainly worked as a solution for me and maybe it would be a good text to include in any future user manual. As it stands (and I am a newbie) the manual and the onscreen instructions leave one not knowing what next to do. The simple process of when it does get to 95% to then turn the unit on its side, wait and then repeat the process for the other angles works as rsutter explained.
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GT2022 Posted at 12-21 23:08
@DJI Wanda
rsutter's research certainly worked as a solution for me and maybe it would be a good text to include in any future user manual. As it stands (and I am a newbie) the manual and the onscreen instructions leave one not knowing what next to do. The simple process of when it does get to 95% to then turn the unit on its side, wait and then repeat the process for the other angles works as rsutter explained.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which part of the calibration process is not clear enough for users? The order or the direction? We will forward your feedback to our designated teams.
2022-12-27
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-27 18:18
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which part of the calibration process is not clear enough for users? The order or the direction? We will forward your feedback to our designated teams.

Hello Wanda,
Well the problem seems to me to be in that whilst the manual certainly describes how to do the calibration, it doesn't effectively support a new user in particular should the process (for any reason) stall. In my case, when I first performed the calibration, it got to 95% and just seemed to sit there forever. When I saw rsutter's post and did what he said (ignore the 95% stall and simply go through placing the unit on its sides and also the vertical orientation, all completed aok). So, quite simply, the manual just needs to spell that process out with something like ... "should the process stall in the 90 plus region, just pick up the unit and perform the movements as would normally be prompted by the process if if didn't stall".
Hope this is clear?
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GT2022 Posted at 12-28 01:16
Hello Wanda,
Well the problem seems to me to be in that whilst the manual certainly describes how to do the calibration, it doesn't effectively support a new user in particular should the process (for any reason) stall. In my case, when I first performed the calibration, it got to 95% and just seemed to sit there forever. When I saw rsutter's post and did what he said (ignore the 95% stall and simply go through placing the unit on its sides and also the vertical orientation, all completed aok). So, quite simply, the manual just needs to spell that process out with something like ... "should the process stall in the 90 plus region, just pick up the unit and perform the movements as would normally be prompted by the process if if didn't stall".
Hope this is clear?

Thanks for your reply. We are glad that rsutter's post resolves your issue. We will forward your feedback and advice to them.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_e0NAIwWIDnSa
New

Canada

Thank you rsutter. As of August 2023 my new mini2se still has the same issue
2023-7-31
Use props
EricaHargreave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1247 ft

Canada

rsutter Posted at 2022-4-17 12:39
As stated previously, I returned my DJI Mini 2 to Costco and purchased an identical one in the store.

Thanks. this was helpful.
2023-8-22
Use props
Master Instructor
lvl.1

United States

The software on my new dji mini 2 se shows the 5 steps on the mobile phone app and how to position each step. I looked this post up because I never noticed I had to change positions. My advice to the dji company is to have the developer stop the flashing light and have the app have a notice ... other than show to turn it. I'm waiting and waiting for a prompt. Oh well, all is good.
BTW, I would probably recommend doing  this with a newly purchased drone. Two reason s, you may have received a drone that someone crashed and returned under warranty, or watch videos of how ups and FedEx etc handle packages
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_SqXGaymTJxrN
lvl.1
United States

rsutter Posted at 2022-4-17 12:39
As stated previously, I returned my DJI Mini 2 to Costco and purchased an identical one in the store.

Thank you from yet another newbie!

The odd thing is, if you look closely at the photos of the drone, it does in fact move from position to position, but you'd have to be looking for it to notice! Your text should definitely form part of the instructions!
2-2 17:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules