How to change the name of my DJI FPV?
4272 27 2022-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

I have THREE(3) DJI FPV drones and in my DJI Fly app i cant tell which drone is which.  I couldnt find a way to rename them.  So how am I supposed to identitfy which flight belong to which?

I am using thr Android app and I also tried using the Assistant 2 FPV app
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry. You can change the FPV name through DJI FLY App - Settings - About - Device name.
Note: Each flight record name is consistent with the name used during the flight of the aircraft. If the aircraft has changed its name, previous flight records will keep the original name before the change was made.

For instance: Aircraft A was named Mavic-Air during a flight on August 26, and so the display name for the flight record is Mavic-Air. When the name was changed to Air1 on August 27, the names of later flight records for Aircraft A will also change to Air1.
2022-4-14
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-14 22:32
Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry. You can change the FPV name through DJI FLY App - Settings - About - Device name.
Note: Each flight record name is consistent with the name used during the flight of the aircraft. If the aircraft has changed its name, previous flight records will keep the original name before the change was made.

When I tap on the Device Name on my phone, it doesn't allow me to change the name.

Fly App v1.5.10(1070-official)

Why are all your products so broken and buggy?
2022-4-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mbze430 Posted at 4-15 05:08
When I tap on the Device Name on my phone, it doesn't allow me to change the name.

Fly App v1.5.10(1070-official)

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know more details about that? When you say "does not allow you to change the name", did it prompt some notifications or it just did not change the name after you edited the name? If convenient, can we have a screenshot?
2022-4-18
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

It's because it's not available on the Android app, you need to use an IOS device. I connected my drones to my daughters iPad and was able to then change the name(s).  Not sure why the DJI support staff isn't aware of that.
2022-4-18
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-18 03:16
Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know more details about that? When you say "does not allow you to change the name", did it prompt some notifications or it just did not change the name after you edited the name? If convenient, can we have a screenshot?

when you tap on the name on the Android device, it doesn't allow you to edit.  It does nothing.  It doesn't bring up the TEXT CURSOR nor does the keyboard come up to let you type anything.

Look at the reply from 'RH009'.  It seems to work in IOS device but certain not in Android device.  please have your programmers/developer fix that.

2022-4-18
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

RH009 Posted at 4-18 03:46
It's because it's not available on the Android app, you need to use an IOS device. I connected my drones to my daughters iPad and was able to then change the name(s).  Not sure why the DJI support staff isn't aware of that.

does the name change carry over to the Android device?  Or it's stays on the IOS device?
2022-4-18
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

mbze430 Posted at 4-18 05:03
does the name change carry over to the Android device?  Or it's stays on the IOS device?

It carries over to the Android device.
2022-4-19
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

@DJI Wanda can you get your team to fix the Android app, clearly there is a bug/problem with it, since it functions on the IOS app but not the Android app.
2022-4-19
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Lol you do know they'll never admit it here but truly DJI hates android users. The Sims don't work on android the apps are buggy on android they really don't like us.
2022-4-19
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

We can always bring them to a class action lawsuit.
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mbze430 Posted at 4-18 05:02
when you tap on the name on the Android device, it doesn't allow you to edit.  It does nothing.  It doesn't bring up the TEXT CURSOR nor does the keyboard come up to let you type anything.

Look at the reply from 'RH009'.  It seems to work in IOS device but certain not in Android device.  please have your programmers/developer fix that.

Hello, there. We are sorry for the confusion. After confirmation, currently, Andriod users can not change the device name of DJI FPV. We have forwarded it to our designated teams. If you would like to change the name, we would recommend you borrow an iOS device to edit the name. Much apologies for your inconvenience again.
2022-4-20
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

That might be the "work around" but you can't be asking all your customers to do that.  Some people don't like strange apps being downloaded on their device.  Your company need to get it fixed.  
2022-4-20
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

mbze430 Posted at 4-19 18:04
We can always bring them to a class action lawsuit.

I hope you're joking.
No company has to like another company.. It's there prerogative. I wish it wasn't true. But. But it is what it is.

I wish they would listen to us and not do this. But the only choice we have is customers is not to buy their product.

You see the responses that are given all through this form every time it's a problem with not running on android. The thing is they know. They had to have known..

The Sims don't work the app isn't fully functional and this is from day 1. On all of their apps across-the-board. They don't like android. They don't respect android users. And by the replies here they act surprised.

I like the products. But I don't like the company's agenda. If I'm not mistaken android users are the largest in the world.. To me they're the wrong ones to pick a fight with. But here we are
2022-4-20
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

Now that there is a new version of DJI Fly App anyone tried the new app if they can change the name of their drone in the Android app?  I haven't downloaded it since I am using the old firmware for the hacks.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_BncQv0rzi3Kp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1514012 ft
United States

Still can't change the name on new version using android....smh
2022-6-8
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtRay Posted at 4-19 16:02
Lol you do know they'll never admit it here but truly DJI hates android users. The Sims don't work on android the apps are buggy on android they really don't like us.

"DJI hates android users" - Yet goes and uses Android for their own SC's? Yeah okay, if they hated Android that much they would build their own OS and not use AOSP
2022-6-9
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

@DJI Wanda I thought you guys said it will be addressed
2022-6-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

DubSound Posted at 6-9 03:39
"DJI hates android users" - Yet goes and uses Android for their own SC's? Yeah okay, if they hated Android that much they would build their own OS and not use AOSP

I know people who hate there wife and still sleep with'um. Don't like their jobs and still go to them. Don't like their elected officials and still vote for them. Lol
People and companies do a lot of things that don't make senesce.
The fact is it doesn't work on android and they are a VERY large part of the market. I'm willing to bet it never will. This is not the first example of DJI and Android not coming together ether. So you can put any reason to it you like. It wont change that. So I make it a joke and say they hate Android. When DJI won't say anything you can't say it's wrong cuz here we are and it still don't work.
2022-6-9
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

SgtRay Posted at 4-19 16:02
Lol you do know they'll never admit it here but truly DJI hates android users. The Sims don't work on android the apps are buggy on android they really don't like us.

That's the reason I got an iPad Mini.  Just to fly DJI drones.
2022-6-9
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
United States

mbze430 Posted at 6-9 04:48
@DJI Wanda I thought you guys said it will be addressed

I had zero issues with the P2V+ on Android.  Then with the Mavic Pro, I couldn't get a single flight in without the app crashing during the flight at least once and usually multiple times.  Borrowed my neighbors iPad mini and everything went off without a hitch.  Went out and got my own iPad mini and have enjoyed almost every flight on all my DJI stuff since.
2022-6-9
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
United States

I am anti-apple... so F'em... I ain't buying NO APPLE products
2022-6-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

maihem Posted at 6-9 11:39
I had zero issues with the P2V+ on Android.  Then with the Mavic Pro, I couldn't get a single flight in without the app crashing during the flight at least once and usually multiple times.  Borrowed my neighbors iPad mini and everything went off without a hitch.  Went out and got my own iPad mini and have enjoyed almost every flight on all my DJI stuff since.

There is a song:
If you wanna be happy for the rest of you life never make a pretty woman your wife.

I'd change that to:
If you wanna to have a happy DJI flight never make an android app your life.

Lol
2022-6-9
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
United States

SgtRay Posted at 6-9 12:48
There is a song:
If you wanna be happy for the rest of you life never make a pretty woman your wife.

I would concur with that.  lol
2022-6-9
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
United States

mbze430 Posted at 6-9 11:55
I am anti-apple... so F'em... I ain't buying NO APPLE products

I didn't say I was happy about it...but the reduction in the stress level when the app crashed repeatedly was no way to live...or to fly.  Not being confrontational, your drone, your choice.
2022-6-10
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

Anti crApple here too.... Fortunately I have a wife and kids who are crApple fanatics, so I just use their crApples when I need. I also, fortunately, haven't had too many app crashes on my android tablet, with my MA2. Happens occasionally, when I mess with the map function, but outside of that, it's okay.
2022-6-10
Use props
Kalani 808
New
Japan

Simply click on the "profile" setting from the homescreen, then press on your profile photo. That will take you to a screen where you can change your photo as well as your username.
2022-11-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kalani 808 Posted at 11-7 04:12
Simply click on the "profile" setting from the homescreen, then press on your profile photo. That will take you to a screen where you can change your photo as well as your username.

@Kalani 808, at least read the post before offering a solution.
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules