P1 : Infinite Focus Calibration Warning
6607 6 2022-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

For the past few times I have flown, a yellow warning message came up in the upper left portion of the controller screen saying something about "Infinite Focus Calibration Required" with a little yellow ">" symbol.
I couldn't find anything about what is required anywhere other than a post on this forum saying "follow the instructions".

My flights are over salt water, so I'm hesitant to get into anything I don't know about on a normal survey gig.

I finally had some time, went out a an open field set everything up expecting some sort of flight procedure to different altitudes, camera angles...

I had no idea what to expect.

Turned everything on, the error came up, I pressed the ">" and waitied for my impending instructions....

Nope

It said "OK" and the message went away.

Duh!

Wasn't having any touble with the P1 before, don't seem to be having any trouble now, have no idea what the calibaration squence calibrated.

I only know I didn't need to go out and set everything up
2022-4-16
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
United States

So, it turns out there is a required procedure to be carried out in flight.

I got the "P1 calibration required" message again, and this time it took me to a help screen that said to go into "Setting" for the P1 and find the calibration option.

Once you press that it tells you to hover above something with "multiple visually discernable features", then press the "Calibrate" option.

When I did, the camera blurred in and out several times, then said that calibration was complete
2022-4-28
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Did you swap lens before having the calibration message?
2022-10-13
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
United States

No, I only have one lens
2022-10-16
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

It was a bug in the P1 Firmware that didn't save the calibration if you did it and also displayed the warning in the first place, that has been fixed now in the latest P1 firmware. It was so annoying!
2022-11-2
Use props
NSK Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

Craig_Tas Posted at 2022-11-2 13:40
It was a bug in the P1 Firmware that didn't save the calibration if you did it and also displayed the warning in the first place, that has been fixed now in the latest P1 firmware. It was so annoying!

We never had this problem until we updated to the latest firmware, so I feel I should disagree with the "update firmware to fix it" comment. However, this is also a new-to-us P1 camera. First power-up requested firmware updates, which we did, then while prepping for flight got the message. The instruction "Go to Camera Settings-Calibrate" is false info, as there is no settings wheel or icon associated with the camera, only the gimbal, withing the Smart Controller screens. I will be looking at DJI Assistant 2 next to see what it offers, but failing anything concrete I will do as the earlier posters suggest and just go fly it and see if corrects itself.
2023-6-16
Use props
NSK Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

NSK Drones Posted at 6-16 19:42
We never had this problem until we updated to the latest firmware, so I feel I should disagree with the "update firmware to fix it" comment. However, this is also a new-to-us P1 camera. First power-up requested firmware updates, which we did, then while prepping for flight got the message. The instruction "Go to Camera Settings-Calibrate" is false info, as there is no settings wheel or icon associated with the camera, only the gimbal, withing the Smart Controller screens. I will be looking at DJI Assistant 2 next to see what it offers, but failing anything concrete I will do as the earlier posters suggest and just go fly it and see if corrects itself.

I gave up looking too soon before my last post, my apologies. Further investigation revealed the location of the Camera->Calibrate section. Within Pilot 2 on my Smart Controller, once I got to the flight screen, I found a panel for tools to adjust camera settings. Opened it, found the ellipsis (...) upper right, opened it, found another ellipsis, opened it, scrolled to the bottom, and found camera calibration settings. Buried quite deeply! I did the infinity focus from there, focusing on my vehicle in a sand lot from 350' AGL, and it worked fine. I no longer have the complaint on the screen. (note: I posted this elsewhere too, and a minor disclaimer, I wrote the path from memory. If you have problems following it to the letter, improvise! The general idea is sound-)
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules