DJI Mic not compatible with Samsung Note???
11589 36 2022-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmontoya3
lvl.1
Mexico

When I plug the DJI mic receiver via the USB C adapter into my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ I get a notification saying that this DJI USB device is not compatible and to tap such notification in order to set compatibility.

When I click in this notification I get another message saying:
"Format this USB drive? This DJI USB drive needs to be formatted to be used with your phone. Formatting will erase any existing content on the USB drive. To avoid losing content, back it up before formatting"

and the options cancel and Format USB drive.

I pressed cancel to avoid erasing the receiver's OS but I would like to know if anybody has experienced something similar and if I should ''Format'' the receiver (which makes no sense to me since this one doesn't have internal storage accesible to the end user). What should I do in order to be able to use it as an audio input to my phone

prompt

prompt
2022-4-16
Use props
djiuser_xi6TCKhtmrlx
New
Flight distance : 69934 ft
Mexico

I have the same issue with a Samsung S20 FE. Pleas DJI help us
2022-4-29
Use props
dmontoya3
lvl.1
Mexico

I tested the DJI Mic with a Note 10+, an iPad Pro 2018, an iPad Mini 3rd gen, a Samsung Tab A7, and a midrange Samsung A soemthing phone. All of them with USB C except for the iPad Mini which has lightning port. The DJI Mic worked succesfully with the iPad Mini but didn't work with any of the USB-C devices.
The iPad Pro recgonizes the device and in an app I use called BandLab I can pick the ''RX Wireless Microphone'' input but it doesn't receive the audio.

I don't have a USB-C to 3.5mm DAC converter so I'm waiting for one that I purchased (which I think I shouldn't have the need for it).

This is the email I received from their tech support:

Duke (DJI Support)

2022年4月22日 GMT+8 17:10

Dear customer,

Good day!

Sorry for the delay because I have days off before.

For the issue of iPad Pro, please operate as the following steps:

1. The DJI Mic cannot be directly connected to the USB-C/Type-C port of iPad Pro.
2. If required, instruct the customer to use a USB-C to 3.5 mm cable to connect to an iPad Pro and then connect to the DJI Mic receiver.

For the issue of Samsung Note 10+:

It has been verified that when the mobile phone needs an external microphone, it is necessary to use a C to 3.5mm conversion cable with DAC and a 3.5mm adapter cable to connect to the external microphone. Please test if you have relevant accessories. If not, please take a video from a third perspective to demonstrate how the DJI MIC is connected to the phone, and the recording situation under the recording software (with audio waveform display)

For the issue of Samsung Galaxy Tab A7:

Verify that the device has USB-C and 3.5mm ports, may I know if you tried using a USB-C phone connector? Please take a video from a third perspective to demonstrate how the DJI MIC is connected to the phone, and the recording situation under the recording software (with audio waveform display)

For the issue for “format the receiver ”:

Because when using the USB-C mobile phone connector to connect the mobile phone, the mobile phone will trigger the OTG function to recognize that the current external device is a U disk, but the file systems of mobile phone recognizes or supports is limited . When the recognition is not supported, it may trigger a prompt to format, but for the use process of DJI MIC, it does not involve the settings of related aspects, so it is only necessary to ignore it under normal circumstances. At present, it is judged that the DJI MIC cannot be directly connected and used due to the limitation of the USB-C interface protocol of these three mobile devices. Please provide the relevant information according to the above requirements and we can provide further verification and confirmation.
*RX's file system format is FAT

Look forward to your reply.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help you.
Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,

Duke

2022-4-29
Use props
pedropapito
lvl.1
Brazil

I'm having the same problem. My Samsung Note 10+ recognizes the device as external storage only. There is no way to detect as microphone and I can't find any solution on the internet.
Note: I tested it on a Note 8, Note 9, S21U, and they all worked on voice recorder native app. Less on Note 10+.
2022-5-5
Use props
pedropapito
lvl.1
Brazil

I just did a test run using the 3.5mm port and realized that it doesn't work the way it should either. To make it work, the cable had to be plugged into the headphone jack first. After unplugging from the headphone jack and plugging into the correct jack, the note 10+ detected audio. As the Note 10+ needs an adapter, it is difficult to detect the source of the problem. The Note 8, which has a 3.5mm port by default, does not do the same and works without problems.
2022-5-5
Use props
Dclubfoto
New
Flight distance : 46309 ft
Thailand

I just got the MIC, having the same problem but,
- my Xaomi Pad 5 just works fine (with USB-C connected)
- my Galaxy Tab S7+ also works fine (with USB-C connected)

It didn't work with my Samsung phone S20 Ultra and S20 Plus (with USB-C connected) not working....

same headache?
2022-5-10
Use props
Dclubfoto
New
Thailand

I just got the MIC, having the same problem but,
- my Xaomi Pad 5 just works fine (with USB-C connected)
- my Galaxy Tab S7+ also works fine (with USB-C connected)

It didn't work with my Samsung phone S20 Ultra and S20 Plus (with USB-C connected) not working....
My guess would be an OTG function is enabled which made USB-C mic becomes storage drive.

same headache?
2022-5-10
Use props
fansfbac57ca
New

United Kingdom

I just purchased the DJI mic to use with a Samsung S20 ultra and it does not work. Does anyone perchance know why? DJI, if you are listening do you know why?
2022-5-10
Use props
Dclubfoto
New
Thailand

fansfbac57ca Posted at 5-10 12:27
I just purchased the DJI mic to use with a Samsung S20 ultra and it does not work. Does anyone perchance know why? DJI, if you are listening do you know why?

same problem here. I connected with S20+ and S20Ultra did not wotk.
When I connect with Samsung tab s7+ , it work fine
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_rs1MZnmWqFjM
lvl.1

Australia

HI, i have same issue i m trying to use type C attachment of receiver with note20 ultra and it doesnt record audio instead read a USB only not as mic. Kindly solve this issue. Same msg came to format to use on this mobile and i have formated but updated firmware later. still looking solution.
2022-5-29
Use props
fansfbac57ca
New

United Kingdom

The address below states that the S20 ultra is compatible with the DJI mic. If some one knows how, could they post here how to make it work? preferably someone from DJI... Please don't ignore your Samsung or Android customers.
Thank you.

dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mic/20220511/DJI_Mic_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_rs1MZnmWqFjM
lvl.1

Australia

fansfbac57ca Posted at 6-2 09:12
The address below states that the S20 ultra is compatible with the DJI mic. If some one knows how, could they post here how to make it work? preferably someone from DJI... Please don't ignore your Samsung or Android customers.
Thank you.

Hi,
i cant use it with note20 ultra as well and i have posted and contacted customer service no help from DJI. Still waiting their reply how to fix this issue of no audio recording on vdo made on fon attaching type c. it is working fine with iphone13.
2022-6-2
Use props
fansfbac57ca
New

United Kingdom

I think it is an act of operating in bad faith to publish a compatibility chart which states that the DJI product works with a particular device when it does not - OR! that it is far more complex than is stated or implied through marketing. I'm more than a little disappointed with DJI. This is not the first time I have experienced DJI's lack of concern for the Android operating system and in particular a lack of compatibility with Samsung phones. I also purchased the DJI om5 for my s20 ultra and was disappointed at the limited functionality that it offers, especially compared to that offered on IOS operating system. I am starting to believe that DJI have a bias towards IOS and that if you don't have an apple phone then DJI is not a viable or acceptable option. That said I might be wrong, It may be user error on my behalf, but that will never be known if DJI do not keep clear lines of communication open with their customers.
2022-6-2
Use props
fans1f2d2b26
lvl.1
Mexico

fansfbac57ca Posted at 6-2 16:40
I think it is an act of operating in bad faith to publish a compatibility chart which states that the DJI product works with a particular device when it does not - OR! that it is far more complex than is stated or implied through marketing. I'm more than a little disappointed with DJI. This is not the first time I have experienced DJI's lack of concern for the Android operating system and in particular a lack of compatibility with Samsung phones. I also purchased the DJI om5 for my s20 ultra and was disappointed at the limited functionality that it offers, especially compared to that offered on IOS operating system. I am starting to believe that DJI have a bias towards IOS and that if you don't have an apple phone then DJI is not a viable or acceptable option. That said I might be wrong, It may be user error on my behalf, but that will never be known if DJI do not keep clear lines of communication open with their customers.

I think it is not a matter of Android vs iOS and it is more a problem with the USB-C adapter/protocol. I have an iPad pro 2018 with USB-C and that one doesn't work either. And I have an old iPad mini 3rd gen with lightning port and that one does work. My first contacts with DJI were about me suspecting a possible faulty USB-C adapter because no device can recognize it (Android nor iOS), but they didn't consider that as an option and just went with the compatibility list
2022-6-2
Use props
fans28d3885e
New

Germany

How you can connect your DJI MIC to your Phone with android go to YouTube or Google and type (how you can connect your dji mic to phone with android) you see black white video from xed pls sub. Him and like
2022-7-17
Use props
fans28d3885e
New

Germany

2022-7-17
Use props
fans28d3885e
New

Germany

fans28d3885e Posted at 7-17 11:29
How you can connect your DJI MIC to your Phone with android pls sub and like

2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_hrjoJMpk2WRy
New

Libya

Please help ...the dji microphone is not working with note 20 ultra why.... i try many times but i didn't find how to solve this problem
2022-7-21
Use props
Kaelvince
lvl.1

France

Same problem with the S10e. In developer mode I found nothing to configure the USB-C port as an audio source.
There are still possibilities for USB-C adapters in 3.5 jack but that takes away all the interest of the DJI mic with a smartphone.
Unless DJI starts making its own smartphones ...
The most surprising thing is to see a message indicating that there is indeed a USB device as a microphone on the s10e and that in the end there is no sound on the video.

Could DJI tell us once and for all if it is feasible or not to plug a DJI MIC into its USB-C port as a microphone or not and why technically (is it debuggable or is it hardware and you can't do anything about it? )
2022-9-16
Use props
Kaelvince
lvl.1

France

I did the formatting but fortunately it does not erase the system of the receiver.  Except that I have the Android system which every time I remove it from the smartphone tells me that I have to restart my system.  I have been using the USB-C/Jack 3.5 adapter system and TRSS TRS in the meantime but I hope DJI will fix this problem either with firmware or offer a new receiver that works with all Android systems.  I'm ready to make a youtube video on this subject because it's simply amazing that a piece of technology like this can't do as simple cheap USB-C/Jack adapters.
2022-9-18
Use props
fans1f2d2b26
lvl.1
Mexico

Updated to the lastest firmware on transmitters and receiver but still doesn't fix the issue. And again, it is not limited to Android devices. It is more a USB-C problem as it doesn't work with my iPad Pro either
2022-9-18
Use props
Kaelvince
lvl.1

France

Ipad Pro work with USB-C ?
2022-9-20
Use props
fans1f2d2b26
lvl.1
Mexico

Kaelvince Posted at 9-20 06:15
Ipad Pro work with USB-C ?

I have an iPad Pro 2018 with USB C port and it doesn't work. This is why I think is not an android related problem but a USB-C protocol problem
2022-9-20
Use props
Kaelvince
lvl.1

France

Its hardware ?
2022-9-24
Use props
dmontoya3
lvl.1
Mexico

Kaelvince Posted at 9-24 03:46
Its hardware ?

I'm not sure. DJI hasn't provided a solid answer or if they will be able to fix it in a future update
2022-9-24
Use props
Kaelvince
lvl.1

France

The latest firmware date is 05/11/2022. I have a doubt that DJI is working on a new firmware
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_QwMhodZdIbxh
New

United States

Most mic cables are trs, Android is set up to use trrs mic cables.
2023-1-13
Use props
fans4f5173b3
lvl.1
Mexico

djiuser_QwMhodZdIbxh Posted at 1-13 20:04
Most mic cables are trs, Android is set up to use trrs mic cables.

I bought a TRS to TRRS adapter, different TRRS to USB-C adapters and none of them work. I just gave up on this as DJI is definitely not interestd in solving it
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_cWA7gPB0CalM
New

United States

PROBLEM FIX...same problem here with my DJI MIC software version 02.00.72.87  + Note 20 latest software Android 13.. when i connect receiver to phone gives me a message wanting to FORMAT my receiver... it thougth I am done and I have to return it.... well I just downloaded an app to find folders on my NOTE 20 called "Cx File Explorer" and now I get a new message saying.... Open Cx File Explorer  to handle wireless microphone Rx and allow it to record? ---- I  say........ OK.... thats it for me... its working... I also want to point make sure the usbc connector is FLUSH and well slide into the receiver... I found another solution on youtube... I can not post the video link but her handle name is........ ALICERITA
         and the youtube video is called......DJI microphone showing as a usb storage on an android phone hope this helps anyone
2023-2-6
Use props
Thyssyk
New

Canada

I did a firmware update today and then plugged it into my Samsung S20 FE using the USB-C attachment.

I was able to get it to work, I plugged it in, I got the pop-up saying I needed to format it. I opened my camera and noticed I needed to power on my transmitter again. Once I turned it on (after plugging it in, this action apparently powered it down) I was able to record to video without issue. I walked around the house talking to the mic and left the phone in the office. I hope you all get it running.

2023-2-6
Use props
fans4f5173b3
lvl.1
Mexico

I tried the 3 proposed solutions with no luck.
1. Downloaded the latest firmware update which was released on 2023/jan/04 and installed on the RX and two TX. Connected the USB-C adapter to the RX and plugged into two devices: a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and an iPad Pro 2018. Turned off the TX, turn them back on and try to record. Nothing

2. Downloaded the CX File explorer app into my Note 10+. I plug the USB-C adapter into my phone and I do get the pop up from CX saying: "Open Cx File Explorer to handle Wireless Microphone RX? This app has not been granted record permission but could capture audio through this USB device.''

I clicked OK and it takes me to the CX File Explorer app. It shows a loading icon and then a USB storage shows up within the app. If I click it, it says it can't open it. Then I went to different apps (Voice Recorder, Camera and BandLab) to try and record something but nothing happened. I looked on the CX File Explorer app to see if I can grant recording permissions but couldn't find an option to do it. I also tried hitting record on the DJI Mic TX before rercording on these apps and nothing.

3. Tried the solution presented by YouTuber Alicerita on the mentioned video which basically says that you need to hit the record button on the TX before recording something on your apps (camera, voice recorder). She says that she still gets the USB Storage pop up but that she can still transfer audio to the Android phone by hitting first record on the physica DJI Mics. I tried this as well and nothing.

If any of these solutions help you, please share the precise steps because in my case, none of these worked.
2023-2-7
Use props
fans4f5173b3
lvl.1
Mexico

I have also tried the method of using a TRS to TRRS cable with a TRRS to USB-C dongle/hub. Apparently there are multiple chipsets that control this and you need to get lucky to find one that works. I've bought several that indeed said they're compatible with Samsung and they ended up not working

From this picture the ones marked with a red X don't work with my Note 10+ nor my iPad Pro 2018. The only one that works is the one with a green checkmark but, as you can see, it is a huge USB hub with 20+ ports and functions and it defeats completely the purpose of the DJI Mic being portable. At this size I would just be better off with a pocket USB Audio interface like a Behringer UM2 or a Scarlett Focusrite. DJI please fix your issue.

2023-2-7
Use props
geof63
New

Belgium

I solve this problem on my S22 Ultra from EU :
- Activate developper mode.
- Activate USB debugging
- USB by default : MIDI.

2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_dLHexBKeUDUY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 353635 ft
Russia

was it possible to solve the problem with samsung note 20 ultra?
2023-4-6
Use props
GDS649
New

Canada

I had all the same issues on my Android phone...frustrating as all he$#%$%.  But I found a solution that isn't being talked about so just in case anyone needs it.  A link is below to a youtube video that inadvertently gave me the fix.  The video is a review of the DJI Mic paired with Google Pixel 7, but the fix is universal to Android.  When you plug in the DJI transmitter to your phone, cancel or ignore the USB formatting prompt, then open your camera where you'll find an audio setting somewhere (depending on your specific Android phone) that will allow you to select 'wired' or 'external' mic. Done deal.  I really hope this helps someone, it worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3la2MEndsM
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_pInpH6JEYiAk
New

France

Hello everyone, I had the same problem, my phone is S21 and simply nothing happened when I plugged the Dji with USB c, super frustrating. I tried the developper mode etc... didn't worked.
I bought an adapter jack to usbC, plugged it and it works now. When I go video Pro I can finally select USB as microphone and it recognises my Dji,
I hope this helps
2023-6-3
Use props
Marem13
New

Switzerland

Hi Supporter

I bought this mic, because I want to use it with my Dji Gimbal and Galaxy S20plus with (EU) Exynos Chip. Other mics are not suitable. After over a year you did not fix it for the most popular and superior Smartphones in the market, samsung galaxyS series. Sorry guys, but this is ashaming! This Mic is dam expensive and doesn't work like Rode GO II? Cheap and ugly workarounds are poor solutions!

Please announce a Fix Day as soon as possible, or you will loose me and many other Clients for the future with Galaxy Phones. This is a huge Customers Market and Reputation you probably will loose forever. That is not a Enterpreneur Value and Behaviour!

Thanks guys to showing us Customers, that you are at least half as good as Rode Mic in supporting.
2023-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules