Getting that Battery Error on Mavic 2 Pro
3821 7 2022-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yLQXtwp6gIdF
lvl.1

United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with a smart controller and very low flight time. I recently upgraded to the latest firmware and received success messages. Afterward I recharged all three batteries. Each battery indicated a full charge after the recharge. I placed one into the drone and attempted a flight. I flew for 2 minutes only about 8 feet into the air, and then the drone said to land immediately. After landing, I got the Cannot Fly error. I checked the error and it was saying it could not read the battery. I tried my second and third battery, and each was giving the same error. I checked the battery status on the battery again and each was showing a full charge. I placed one back into the drone and then navigated to the battery status on the smart controller; I was getting no information at all from the battery. I tried the other batteries, and each was showing the same. I tried the following...
- refreshed the firmware on the drone and controller
- did the IMU calibration
- compass calibration
- reboot drone

nothing has helped so far. The connections on the drone and batteries all are good.

I have the DJI care refresh service, so I could send this in, but if there is a fix that can be tried before doing that then it could save me from having to send it in.

044051von5omlc75usnx74.jpg
2022-4-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-4-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check, with a magnifying glass etc. that the contacts on the problematic battery are,
a) undamaged and
b) clean/uncontaiminated with fluff etc. and or not splayed too open.
If you looked with a naked, unaided eye you might have missed something.
2022-4-16
Use props
djiuser_yLQXtwp6gIdF
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-16 21:22
Check, with a magnifying glass etc. that the contacts on the problematic battery are,
a) undamaged and
b) clean/uncontaiminated with fluff etc. and or not splayed too open.

Thanks,
I did use a magnifying glass to check the contacts on the batteries and drone. All look good
2022-4-17
Use props
djiuser_yLQXtwp6gIdF
lvl.1

United States

The only thing I have not tried is re-flashing the smart controller and drone to an older firmware, but having doubts that may fix the problem. I did look for a factory reset, but I did not see that option in the Assitant 2
How can I do the factory reset if the option is missing from Assitant 2?

Has anyone had success remedying this problem by flashing to an older firmware?
Really, this does seem like a hardware problem because I was able to launch the drone and fly for about two minutes before it forced me to land it.
2022-4-17
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Isn't there a factory reset on the M2P in the menu? I'm sure I reset mine when I had a problem with waypoints etc..... And I don't remember using assistant 2 to do so.
2022-4-17
Use props
fans1a7f2e3b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182001 ft
United States

Same identical issue. Purchased two new batteries because one just purchased 3 months ago now gives the Battery Error. Of the two newly purchased, one immediately gives the Battery error and could not use, the other was no issue.  
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans1a7f2e3b Posted at 3-26 10:33
Same identical issue. Purchased two new batteries because one just purchased 3 months ago now gives the Battery Error. Of the two newly purchased, one immediately gives the Battery error and could not use, the other was no issue.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We want to check the error for you. May we ask for a screenshot of the error code/message you received for further checking? Kindly keep us updated. Thank you.
2023-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules