2421 48 2022-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, just passed my A2 CofC, it was very easy. I seriously recommend UAVHub..I did the 30 questions in 5 minutes and got 100%.

..basically, you can do the course for free and then pay when it comes to the revisions, mock exams and exam
that's what I did.

Their prices are going up on Tuesday i think from £99 + 12% but atm, they have an offer for Easter
worth doing that and there's an even better offer if you are with FPVUK, even if you pay now you get a
year i think to complete it...

No, i have no affiliation with them, i am impressed so sharing...
2022-4-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy bragging again ...
2022-4-17
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Awesome! Good job!

Johnny, don't be a dick.
2022-4-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-17 07:54
Awesome! Good job!

Johnny, don't be a dick.

Well, don't complain then. Bashy has a low self-esteem and need these channels to boost it. I merely mentioned it.
2022-4-17
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 4-17 08:06
Well, don't complain then. Bashy has a low self-esteem and need these channels to boost it. I merely mentioned it.

Not complaining... just pointing out that you are a dick sometimes.
2022-4-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-17 09:09
Not complaining... just pointing out that you are a dick sometimes.

Only sometimes? Lol

Thanks, much appreciated, I will be ready for the new classifications, prob won't be able to afford one mind lol

Johnny, this time I am reporting you for trolling....
2022-4-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 4-17 09:14
Only sometimes? Lol

Thanks, much appreciated, I will be ready for the new classifications, prob won't be able to afford one mind lol

I am reporting you for an unsuccessful urge to improve a fruitless struggle for a ever-to-be low self esteem!  Why do you want to feel like that, Bashy?
2022-4-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-17 09:21
I am reporting you for an unsuccessful urge to improve a fruitless struggle for a ever-to-be low self esteem!  Why do you want to feel like that, Bashy?

You're just digging a deeper hole
2022-4-17
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 4-17 09:21

Why do you want to be an asshole?
2022-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

nice one congrats…
2022-4-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congratulations Bashy
2022-4-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Well done Bashy.

Good use of the Easter weekend.
2022-4-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congratulations on your achievement.
2022-4-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, everyone, much appreciated  
2022-4-17
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Congrats Bashy, never mind some Trolls on here.
2022-4-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats Bashy,  Is that the 30 questions you have to do on webcam with someone watching?
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Bashy. Congratulations on completing the said exam. Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

#DroneTech Posted at 4-17 22:26
Congrats Bashy, never mind some Trolls on here.

Thanks, easier said than done when they follow you around....
2022-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 00:23
Congrats Bashy,  Is that the 30 questions you have to do on webcam with someone watching?

Thanks and yes chap, that was the hardest part lol understanding what she was saying, i think she was in India or the Philippines. Its a really easy exam though, some you will already know, some are common sense and the rest ya pick up watching the tutorial videos
2022-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 01:00
Hi there, Bashy. Congratulations on completing the said exam. Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Thank you, you too
2022-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-18 01:10
Thanks and yes chap, that was the hardest part lol understanding what she was saying, i think she was in India or the Philippines. Its a really easy exam though, some you will already know, some are common sense and the rest ya pick up watching the tutorial videos

Thats the only bit that puts me off,  and of course the short life span of it.  
2022-4-18
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done Bashy
2022-4-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congratulations, Well done.
2022-4-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats Bashy on passing your A2 CofC.  
2022-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 01:14
Thats the only bit that puts me off,  and of course the short life span of it.

It was OK in the end, I completes it in no time flat, I think the summary at the end said I started at 9:31am and finished at 9:36am,have a touchscreen laptop helped in that respect.

What do you mean about the short lifespan? I think it lasts 5 year's.
2022-4-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone, much appreciated and thanks to the mods in keeping our friend Johnny in check
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-19 03:04
It was OK in the end, I completes it in no time flat, I think the summary at the end said I started at 9:31am and finished at 9:36am,have a touchscreen laptop helped in that respect.

What do you mean about the short lifespan? I think it lasts 5 year's.

To me after the transition period it didnt give me any benefit.      Mini2 is excempy anyway and the Mavic 2 pro was too heavy to see any real benefit.
2022-4-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 22:20
To me after the transition period it didnt give me any benefit.      Mini2 is excempy anyway and the Mavic 2 pro was too heavy to see any real benefit.

Ah ok, yeah, the Phantom will be back down to 150m then too, but as it stands right now, I only have 50m from uninvolved peoples, no minimum to structures or built-up area.

As a side note, I have always wanted the Air 2s so hopefully, the next version of that size will have the C rating, if anything though, the Mini 3 will be next, and then the next will be a C jobby.

There's also the chance that the UK will also extend the period seen as there are no classifications out as yet so will fall in line with the EU, here's hoping
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-19 22:34
Ah ok, yeah, the Phantom will be back down to 150m then too, but as it stands right now, I only have 50m from uninvolved peoples, no minimum to structures or built-up area.

As a side note, I have always wanted the Air 2s so hopefully, the next version of that size will have the C rating, if anything though, the Mini 3 will be next, and then the next will be a C jobby.

For me too Mini3 and then nothing else until the C labels appear,   If nothing else,  if I ever get a complaint I can pull out the Mini and say I was flying this <249g drone.

Supposedly Germany has the agency setup to do it but they are being boycotted by the manufactures.
2022-4-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 22:44
For me too Mini3 and then nothing else until the C labels appear,   If nothing else,  if I ever get a complaint I can pull out the Mini and say I was flying this

AH, now, that excuse may work depending on, A, the person confronting you or, B, the severity of the complaint. You know what im getting at im sure, the flight data, but i reckon that 9.99/10 you would get away with that, dammit, i couldnt, not with the P4P lol for a start, if on scene, the D1 backpack is too big to hide lol
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-19 23:38
AH, now, that excuse may work depending on, A, the person confronting you or, B, the severity of the complaint. You know what im getting at im sure, the flight data, but i reckon that 9.99/10 you would get away with that, dammit, i couldnt, not with the P4P lol for a start, if on scene, the D1 backpack is too big to hide lol

Lol. Yes it mostly works if theres a complaint about a YouTube type video or photo.   

Curiously recently Ive been stopped by a few people asking about the drone,  and they all ask how far away it is,   in a way that feels like a setup,  but in all cases they have turned out to be genuinely interested by it.   
2022-4-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 23:41
Lol. Yes it mostly works if theres a complaint about a YouTube type video or photo.   

Curiously recently Ive been stopped by a few people asking about the drone,  and they all ask how far away it is,   in a way that feels like a setup,  but in all cases they have turned out to be genuinely interested by it.

I suppose most questions we would be suspicious, thats down to the stigma we have attached.

If i ever got pulled up on the spot by the feds and asked how far away, 1st off i would already be already beeling home in sports but it would go sommat like this...

..."about 480m"
cop "I can't see it"
me "yeah, it's just the Mavic mini 3, they are small"
cop "still can't see, where abouts?"
me "just over there, look"
cop "still can't see, just how small is it"
me "about the size of a flea from this distance"
cop with a none to impressed look" I meant the size of the drone up close"
me "oh, my bad, about yay big"
cop "I still can't see it "
me  by this time it's within 400m "follow where my fingers is pointing, see it now?"
cop "yes I can now, thank you, as you were"

Or, something like this, "could you please move 50m behind me so that you are not a distraction for the pilot and i will bring it back in and land it safely and then we can talk."
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-19 23:58
I suppose most questions we would be suspicious, thats down to the stigma we have attached.

If i ever got pulled up on the spot by the feds and asked how far away, 1st off i would already be already beeling home in sports but it would go sommat like this...

lol,    brilliant.    Ive never had any cop issues but thats a great way to handle it.   
2022-4-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 00:05
lol,    brilliant.    Ive never had any cop issues but thats a great way to handle it.

lol, thats how i would play it if the need ever arises, not happened as yet mind, theres time......
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-20 00:06
lol, thats how i would play it if the need ever arises, not happened as yet mind, theres time......

With a sensible approach to selecting a TOALP then it should be mostly minimised.
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bashy Posted at 4-18 01:10
Thank you, you too

You are most welcome, Bashy. Take care always!
2022-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations!
2022-4-20
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Bashy, passing that exam is a plus to your drone flying, and it shows that your interest is being placed where it belongs to
make your drone flying even better.  One thing that is not often pointed out is that it also increases your knowledge of what
interests you, and betters your abilities to help others  Keep up your education, I need it
2022-4-22
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-19 23:58

If i ever got pulled up on the spot by the feds and asked how far away, 1st off i would already be already beeling home in sports but it would go sommat like this...

That's almost exactly how my last interaction with an officer went!

Mavic Air 2 about 2.5 miles out and coming back at 43mph while stalling with the cop.
2022-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-22 12:19
That's almost exactly how my last interaction with an officer went!

Mavic Air 2 about 2.5 miles out and coming back at 43mph while stalling with the cop.

And i can imagine that sports mode was used and not RTH but was hard due to concentration lol
2022-4-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules