STILL Failing to update Firmware! Mini SE
6486 8 2022-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ReganL
lvl.1
United States

I just got the Mini SE and out of the box it flew fine. Just after the first flight it said to update the Firmware. Just like everyone else who is posting this same failure. So here is everything that I have tried and Im still getting a failure and Im getting a little aggrivated....

1) Yes, the battery is at 50%, Ive tried several times at 100%. Not the issue.
2) I reinstalled the App and deleted the cache. Using iPhone 13pro, I do not have any Android Devices.
3) I tried to download over Wifi and as the other post suggests forcing the download over Cell Service, neither have worked.
4) I tried using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and I switched the "0" to a "1" in the Engine and have Firmware Update listed.

When I try to download and install on my iPhone 13pro (On wifi or cell) it seems to download fine. Then during the install it gets to 40-45% and Stops. I wait nearly a half hour still at 40%, light starts flashing Red and tells me the update has failed. Once it got to 70% but still failed.

When I try on my Macbook Pro I use the DJI Assistant 2 App. It recognizes the Mini SE and suggests the update. Again it seems to download just fine. But on the Install it sits at 0% until it fails about 10min later. Yes, I turned it on and waited for the beep before connecting. It seems to connect to the app just fine and the app recognizes it as a Mini SE.

None of this is working!

All that said it still seems to fly just fine on its current version. The only thing I seem to be missing that I can tell is the Pano Photo Option (Which I would Really Like). Is there really a need to do this update or can I just continue as is and try to ignor the nagging request for firmware update?

PLEASE HELP!
2022-4-17
Use props
ReganL
lvl.1
United States

I FINALLY Found a Solve! So apparently it does Not like Apple Products for the Firmware Update. I was able to get it to update using the DJI Assitant App on Windows 10. I still had to change the "0"s to "1"s in the Engine Defualt Settings to get the Firmware Update to show in the app, but this time it downloaded and installed correctly.
2022-4-17
Use props
Ray027
New
Australia

Oh man this is the exact issue I’m experiencing, so gutted that what should be an awesome product is giving me grief straight out of the box!
2022-4-17
Use props
Ray027
New
Australia

I’ve tried assistant 2 with no luck, even their  site says it won’t update the mini se. Which version did you use ?
2022-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ray027 Posted at 4-17 19:45
I’ve tried assistant 2 with no luck, even their  site says it won’t update the mini se. Which version did you use ?

Take a look at this .  He shows a hack to mod Assistant 2 to be able to upgrade or even downgrade your firmware.  Video is for Mini 2 but hack works for Mini SE as well.
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are pleased to hear that your issue has been resolved. Wish you have a good time flying the drone.
2022-4-18
Use props
ReganL
lvl.1
United States

Ray027 Posted at 4-17 19:45
I used the current version on the DJI page but you have to go into the files and change a “0” to a “1” in the code to allow it to show the Firmware upgrade page. If you google it there are a few Youtube videos that show where to go. The video “Downtown RDB” posted above shows how to do it. That Finally worked for my Mini SE but Only when doing it in Windows. Im a Mac guy and tried everything on my iPhone and Mac first. I found one post that said it had to be Windows. So I stole my kids windows netbook and that finally worked.
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ray027 Posted at 4-17 19:40
Oh man this is the exact issue I’m experiencing, so gutted that what should be an awesome product is giving me grief straight out of the box!

Hi, there Ray027, we are sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered.
Please try the below methods first when the firmware update of DJI Mini SE fail(It also suitable for battery firmware upgrade failure):
1. Please replace the mobile device to have a try. such as an ios or Android mobile device. And please restart the RC, drone, and app before updating again.
2. If the upgrade cannot be done successfully with the App, it is recommended that you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".
c. Then connect the unit to the PC and update the firmware version.
Thank you.

2022-4-18
Use props
djiuser_d709taTu4p87
New

United States

My firmware wouldn't update after a dozen attempts. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, updated the data first, then updated the firmware and it worked, pretty quick too. Nuttin to it.
2022-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules