CAMERA ISSUES AND THOUGHTS
2099 1 2022-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans16de4d4f
lvl.1
United States

I have had my Ronin 4d for almost 2 weeks now and love it greatly, theres so much ptoential in this camera, that being said there is a TON that is currently underwhelming and I was wodnering if this was jus tmy opinion or the community experience.

1. NO CLEAN HDMI OUT,

I might be crazy but i've checked almost every single setting and can't find a single option for a clean HDMI out which makes backups almost impossible. When is this going to be fixed?

2. AUTOFOCUS is nowhere near LIDAR level,

I am currently using a sony 55mm 1.8 with e mount adapter, one of the approved lenses, and even after lens calibration, balancing, and properly checking focus, this thing is still barely able to track effectively, so much so I have to shoot and pray every time. When the lidar autofocusing was supposed to be a big deal. In fact i have to redo camera calibration everytime to get something mildly usable. And before anyone tells me that I should use manual lenses, this was 50% of the selling point of this camera so I expected autofocus to be at least reliable,

3. 4k at 60 is only ANAMORPHIC,

Who's brilliant idea was this? I'm using an almost 1400 CFAST card and you're really telling me I can't shoot 4k 60 at a full frame? Something my GH5 could do long ago?

4. NO DUMMY POWER

I've used the work around, but don't belive this is safe for the camera, and is also increedibly annoying to retach the battry plate every time, why didn't this ship at the same time as the camera? im happy to buy seperate but this should have been a no brainer

5. NO CONTROL OF FOLLOW SPEED

We use our camera for stage performances and the singer isnt moving that much so oercorrecting and the gimbal moving on every single movement is quite annoying, If we could turn down the follow speed like we can on every other Gimbal and even my OSMO this would be a perfect setting

6. NO MENU CHANGES WHILE RECORDING

This one makes zero sense, If we want to adjust the menu settings while recoriding we're locked out, and more than that we can't even see the on screen settings which is beyond annyoing becuase we have to just guess, im sure this can be fixed with software and SHOULD

Please let me know if im alone in these thoughts or just doing something compltely wrong
2022-4-17
Use props
fans8240cd91
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I think ....1- no clean HDMI out is a big issue, 3 -  That is a sensor crop ( anamorphic is a different thing,  'optic property"  ) 4 - Yes is weird and sad they didn't include the power adapter for the camera. Thank you for sharing,, I hope the next firmware update fix and add missing things on this camera, like; full control of the OSD on the HDMI OUTPUT, more video codecs, and formats options. Let's stay positive hoping DJI will fix it.     Cheers  
2022-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules