Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rc calibration problem
3308 8 2022-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I've noticed lots of RC calibration required errors for the last 3 days (I just purchased the air 2s a week ago). Before that I've had about 6-8 flights with no issue. Now about every time I start the RC it starts beeping. I also noticed that sometimes during calibration up/down (and sometimes left/right) on both sticks are stuck. I don't think it's hardware related because the drone flies fine after calibration. I am a bit worried however, especially because of the unresponsiveness during calibration. Has anyone else noticed this?
2022-4-17
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Request product replacement. Your controller is probably faulty
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC or Mac and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of both aircraft and controller to see if the issue persists? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the RC to us for further diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding. You may also refer to the link below for you to download the said software. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-4-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha xzces,

What you describe sounds like what used to be a problem with the Phantom RCs.  Sometimes it would take as much as a minute before the frozen stick display would move and get calibrated.  Try moving the sticks as instructed for a minute or two and see if that works.  Then, if that fails, do as Yaros suggests.

After some perseverance, the Phantom RC sticks would work normally for a year or so and then we would have to do it again.  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2022-4-18
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 00:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC or Mac and kindly please update/refresh the firmware of both aircraft and controller to see if the issue persists? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the RC to us for further diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding. You may also refer to the link below for you to download the said software. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thanks for all the replies, I just got back from our trip and will check the RC tomorrow with the dji assistant tool. In the app both are updated to the latest version. I've been flying dji drones from the phantom 2 and never experienced this. Hope it's software related, the air 2s is absolutely incredible! I'd hate to send it back! I'll keep you guys posted, the last 4-5 times I tried the RC I didn't get any errors.
2022-4-18
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cetacean Posted at 4-18 02:22
Aloha xzces,

What you describe sounds like what used to be a problem with the Phantom RCs.  Sometimes it would take as much as a minute before the frozen stick display would move and get calibrated.  Try moving the sticks as instructed for a minute or two and see if that works.  Then, if that fails, do as Yaros suggests.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try to solve it. If it's persistent I'll exchange the drone as suggested. Otherwise I'm absolutely blown away by the air 2s. I've been flying the air 1 for the past 3 years so it's a huge difference!
2022-4-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Using the assistant 2 it might be worth refreshing the firmware on the controller (if possible) then reboot the controller and do a recalibration.
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

xzces Posted at 4-18 06:28
Thanks for all the replies, I just got back from our trip and will check the RC tomorrow with the dji assistant tool. In the app both are updated to the latest version. I've been flying dji drones from the phantom 2 and never experienced this. Hope it's software related, the air 2s is absolutely incredible! I'd hate to send it back! I'll keep you guys posted, the last 4-5 times I tried the RC I didn't get any errors.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Please let us know after you did the troubleshooting steps for us to be aware. Thank you for your valued support and have a good one!
2022-4-20
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did the troubleshooting steps (with dji assistant) and still have the error sometimes. The difference is that after a couple of seconds the beeping stops. That wasn't the case before, it would stay beeping until the calibration was completed (even after power cycling the controller).

It also looks like the trigger is the antenna/phone mount. If I turn on the transmitter before mounting I don't get the error. Even when mounting the phone its still not constant and probably 1 out of 5 times I get the error/beeping.

I think it's a safe bet to exchange the drone before it get worse. I can't imagine the trouble if the controller starts transmitting false commands!

It's a shame I can't just replace the controller, but that's Amazon's policy.
2022-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules