Man dies trying to retrieve drone
606 10 2022-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

Even though this occured almost 2 weeks ago I just came across it. I don't know what kind of drone he was flying but on April 5th a man died tring to retrieve his drone in Sullivan County NY. This happens to be a spectacular stretch of road high above the Delaware River and is very scenic.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/ ... in-deerpark/829501/

2022-4-17
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thats truely a tragedy. I think you need to rename your heading which is incorrect if you read the article you listed.
SPAROWBUSH – A man appears to have fallen to his death from the Hawk’s Nest as he was scouting locations to fly a drone.
2022-4-17
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
United States

#DroneTech Posted at 4-17 15:30
Thats truely a tragedy. I think you need to rename your heading which is incorrect if you read the article you listed.
SPAROWBUSH – A man appears to have fallen to his death from the Hawk’s Nest as he was scouting locations to fly a drone.

My Bad. There were numerous stories about the incident all stating he was flying. Here is another link.

https://www.thehour.com/news/art ... ing-to-17061657.php

The article which I chose without carefully reading said he was scouting. which doesn't make much sense.

Mea Culpa.
2022-4-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fans5fad8194 Posted at 4-17 16:38
The article which I chose without carefully reading said he was scouting. which doesn't make much sense.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Police-say-NY-man-falls-to-death-trying-to-17061657.php

I was thinking same thing.  He could have easily (and safely) scouted with his drone instead.
Maybe worried about saving battery life, instead of his own?

A little more investigating by Police would be warranted.  Rule out possibility of foul play.
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thanks for sharing this article with us. It is sad to know what happened on that date. Our deepest sympathy to the family of the victim. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-4-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very sad to happen at such a young age.  Has to be  more to this story.
2022-4-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any way you look at this it's a tragedy
2022-4-18
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
United States

Another interesting aspect of this tragedy is that It is also questionable if it is even legal to fly there as it is part of the US National Park Service Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River corridor.
2022-4-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would change the article cited in the opening post to one that is a better fit for the title.

It seems somewhat disrespectful to cite an article that says something entirely different to the title.
It also makes me wonder what research the publishers of the articles did, they can not both be correct. Who are we to believe?

2022-4-18
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-18 09:50
I would change the article cited in the opening post to one that is a better fit for the title.

It seems somewhat disrespectful to cite an article that says something entirely different to the title.

The original post has been corrected.
2022-4-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5fad8194 Posted at 4-18 10:25
The original post has been corrected.

cool.......
2022-4-18