Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Pro RTH Button has stopped working
1602 8 2022-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justin Spencer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 461293 ft
Australia

The RTH button on my RC Pro has suddenly stopped working. I generally press this button to launch the aircraft however when I press it now nothing happens. The button in the fly app works perfectly but I'm concerned that the RTH button on the controller is not responding, if for some reason the app fails I have no way to initiate a return to home.

I'm running the latest firmware and I've tried holding the RTH button down for several seconds. I also tried to re-calibrate the RC however when I follow the on screen instructions and move the sticks around it all works but the RC does not provide me with confirmation that calibration was successful. Instead I have to close the screen manually to return to the app.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be much appreciated.
2022-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to re-link your RC Pro to your aircraft to see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-4-19
Use props
Justin Spencer
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for your response. As you suggested I re-linked the PC Pro to the aircraft but unfortunately the issues persists.
2022-4-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you actually tested whether or not the RTH button initiates an RTH.
In the event of an App crash, switching the controller off should initiate an RTH, that assumes the failsafe option is appropriately set.
During controller calibration I suspect you also have to twiddle any available dials before the calibration process completes, are you doing that? As I remember with one of my drones the calibration window has to be scrolled to see all the things that must be moved.
2022-4-21
Use props
Justin Spencer
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for your message Sean. As you said, I tested the RTH button and you're correct it did initiate an RTH. All worked perfectly! Apologies to you both for not testing this earlier.

With regards to the controller calibration, I've done a quick video to demonstrate what's happening.

2022-4-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Video unavailable "play back on other sites have been disabled"

Going by normal controller and phone combinations you are not actually completeing the calibration process. I am deaf so cannot hear any commentry.
You need to rotate both dials OR if you are rotating them the dials are not responding.
With a  Mavic Mini controller and phone combination and the FLY app, the calibration process automatically completes as soon as the dial (single dial) has shown full movement in both directions, I move the sticks first then the dial.
I would also suggest that letting the joystick spring back to their central position is not the best thing to do, the sticks noticably vibrate when you do that.
2022-4-23
Use props
Justin Spencer
lvl.2
Australia

My mistake. I wasn't scrolling the wheels on the controller. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for all your help.
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Kh42maOPsWjv
New

United States

i have. Looking for the fix. May have to reset entire controller.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Kh42maOPsWjv Posted at 10-10 08:18
i have. Looking for the fix. May have to reset entire controller.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific remote controller are you using? Please provide us with a video showing the issue so we can further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules