5. Out of 7
658 18 2022-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Just opened the Mini 2 forum and five out of the top 7 stories are about the Mini 3...

So when the Mini 3 lanucjes and they add they new Mini 3 section, how quickly Is the Mini 2 section going to die off?

I used to post in the (SMO Pocket section, but when the OP2 launched the OP section died off pretty rapidly.

I can't afford a Mini 3, and certainly can't justify the spend so soon after getting a Mini 2, so I hope some folks are going to hang around here for a while.
2022-4-18
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll still be lurking here and the Phantom 3 sections, no plans on buying the Mini 3.
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lot of people lurk in the top level sections like works or products so there will still be plenty about.
2022-4-19
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

I always open in the Mavic Products first, then drill down to the threads that I am most interested in.
2022-4-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I still fly my 'ancient' Mavic Mini.
Hopefully the M3 will serve as a lesson and prospective Mini 3 buyers will wait and see what the Mini 3 lacks, its teething troubles and not act as beta testers.
If the Mini 3 turns out to be real and offers practical benefits over the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 then I might look at it several months after the launch but if the price jump is significant I will be looking for a second hand one or wait for the post must-have-frenzy offers.
2022-4-19
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

New products always get the majority of interest, but the Mini 2 isn't going anywhere.   I still say the M2 is the best bang-for-your-buck hobby drone, and more than delivers what most hobby flyers really need - especially with the additional feature set offered by 3rd party apps like Maven and Litchi.

There's no doubt the M3 will have several improvements over the M2, but whether those things will be worth the increased cost remains to be seen.  When I began shopping for my first drone, I initially wanted obstacle avoidance because I was worried about crashing...  As it turns out, I don't think that I miss that feature - careful flying does just as good and actually when I watch videos of drones that have obstacle avoidance, it almost seems to cause more problems than it solves.  And I've seen plenty of videos where the automated tracking still puts the drone into a tree or something.

But like anything else, in the end it just means I'll be watching more than 1 forum.  And the first group can post all the bugs they find lol.  
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to our future products. With regards to this, we have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we received it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's due to the excitement of a new 249g drone.  I don't think the Mini 2 forum will die as it is still the best drone for the buck and there are way to many still being sold.  It is a perfect beginner drone at a good price point.
2022-4-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No immediate plans to upgrade from My Mini One and M2Z.  You won't be alone
2022-4-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-19 01:37
I still fly my 'ancient' Mavic Mini.
Hopefully the M3 will serve as a lesson and prospective Mini 3 buyers will wait and see what the Mini 3 lacks, its teething troubles and not act as beta testers.
If the Mini 3 turns out to be real and offers practical benefits over the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 then I might look at it several months after the launch but if the price jump is significant I will be looking for a second hand one or wait for the post must-have-frenzy offers.

I'm with you on this.  Targeting the end of the year for any possible upgrade. No immediate plans to change my Mini One or M2Z.
2022-4-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Uhm, need to see the first flight experiences from users here.
Hope Mini3 is doing better than the M3.....

cheers
JJB
2022-4-19
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-19 05:44
I'm with you on this.  Targeting the end of the year for any possible upgrade. No immediate plans to change my Mini One or M2Z.

That M2Z is a beast. No matter how good the Mini 3 is I don't think it's gonna touch the power of that zoom.
2022-4-19
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-19 05:53
Uhm, need to see the first flight experiences from users here.
Hope Mini3 is doing better than the M3.....

Yup, that going to be interesting given just how different the MM3 appears to be. It looks like it should handle like a double decker bus!

2022-4-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 4-19 10:35
That M2Z is a beast. No matter how good the Mini 3 is I don't think it's gonna touch the power of that zoom.

I've never regretted buying the M2Z.  What was that old Heineken advert?
Reaches the parts other (drones) can't reach.  
To paraphrase
2022-4-19
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I’ve just bought the Mini 2, haven’t received it yet, but I’ll be on the forum a while. I’m active on the MA2 forum and lurk on the P2, P3, and P4.
2022-4-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CapitAn Posted at 4-19 20:00
I’ve just bought the Mini 2, haven’t received it yet, but I’ll be on the forum a while. I’m active on the MA2 forum and lurk on the P2, P3, and P4.

Have fun with your Mini2, it surely is a GREAT drone!

Many happy landings,
Cheers
JJB
2022-4-19
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-19 10:50
I've never regretted buying the M2Z.  What was that old Heineken advert?
Reaches the parts other (drones) can't reach.  
To paraphrase

If forgotten that!

Appropriate, though.
2022-4-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 4-19 23:52
If forgotten that!