[Suggestion] DJI Flight Simulator: combined Pilot and Remote view
593 3 2022-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toshchak.fox
lvl.1

Russia

After flying a drone for the first time, I realized that I need training, so I've tried DJI Flight Simulator.

So far the experience is fantastic — Pilot view mode (where you can see your drone as if you were standing on the ground) really helped me with spacial awareness and controls depending on orientation of the drone itself.

One slight inconvenience (and a suggestion at the same time) is when drone flies off, on a flat screen in 1080p it's very hard to judge it's orientation and distances to objects.
When flying a real thing, you can easily and quickly glance down at your remote to see where your drone is facing and correct it. In DJI Flight Simulator you can look at your remote, but to do that you have to switch view, and then to get back to Pilot view, you have to switch again (this time cycling back through multiple views).

It would be great to have a combined Pilot + Remote view where you look at your drone from the ground while having your remote at the bottom of the screen (UI elements on the remote won't be readable but it'll give you a general idea of what's happening). This way you can efficiently contol and monitor your drone and get into a habit of glancing down to the screen if something goes wrong. (Example: while learning to correct for the wind and drone orientation in ATTI mode, I've messed up, lost control and sent the drone flying in random direction at a weird angle. By the time I switched to a remote, it crashed)

I understand that I'm a newbie, but in my opinion, this kind of view mode would be realistic.
Just a suggestion.

- best regards.

Combined Pilot FPV and Remote view example

Combined Pilot FPV and Remote view example

2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support and have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-4-19
Use props
fansfb7051e8
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-19 18:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support and have a wonderful day ahead!

Thank you, DJI Paladin, appreciate it!
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansfb7051e8 Posted at 4-20 03:57
Thank you, DJI Paladin, appreciate it!

You are most welcome. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules