What do you do with your goggle's battery while flying?
1318 6 2022-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

I'm feeling like such a klutz. While flying, I stuff the battery in a pants or sweatshirt pocket, which works fine while I'm flying. Then I take my Goggles off at some point and put them down next to me - typically I do this to land manually. And then I walk over to go pick up my drone and BAM - my goggles hit the ground because I've still got the battery and cable in my pocket. Has this happened to you?

Having done this three times now in the last week, I started thinking maybe there's a better way. Yeah, I know I could just try to remember to take the battery out of my pocket too, but so far that hasn't worked. Is there a better way? Where do you stuff your Goggles battery while flying?
2022-4-19
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

True! I took off the top googles strap, then roll it around the battery tight enough to fix it in the rear of the head. Then wind the cable around the right strip with velcro. Never happened again!
2022-4-19
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

EiraSYS Posted at 4-19 14:58
True! I took off the top googles strap, then roll it around the battery tight enough to fix it in the rear of the head. Then wind the cable around the right strip with velcro. Never happened again!

Brilliant idea. Thank you. I'll try that.
2022-4-19
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

In a few of my videos you can see that my battery is attached to my headstrap cables and all. I don't even take it off to charge it. So it never gets on my way.  They sell the 3-D printed battery holder everywhere even on Amazon
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dangerly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI FPV can give out the best recommendation with regard to this issue. In addition, if you are having issue with your DJI Goggles after it hit the ground. Kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-4-19
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

I just put the battery in my right shirt pocket.

Also, the FPV video at Pilot Institute put the Fear of God in me about exposing the goggle lenses to sunlight. So my normal routine is to put the goggles on inside, and put them on my forehead, and then lower them when I'm outside and ready to fly. I put them back on my forehead after the flight, and I don't take them off until I get back inside. At that pointing, taking the goggles off and taking the battery out of my pocket pretty much merge into a single action, and it's never been a problem.

TCS
2022-5-8
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fatstraps! A total godsend for the DJI Goggles
2022-5-10
Use props
Advanced