How to get round poor battery life using iphone6
977 17 2022-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all just seen the Maven vid looks great but as there is no andriod version I am nervous to fly witih iphone6 due to the short battery life.
Is there a way to charge iphone whilst using as controller with mini 2? I realise no issues with galaxy s8plus but no app for that.
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just get a new battery fitted.  Places like timpsons will do it while you wait.  
2022-4-19
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 22:15
Just get a new battery fitted.  Places like timpsons will do it while you wait.

Problem solved, even though android charges always, iphone requires controller settings to switch phone charging on. Happy days! Now I can use the maven app. Giving mini2 mavic platinum pro features. Final icing on cake, I've tried it - And yes you can charge controller from power bank if you are worried about controller battery drain when charging phones.
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TgTV. Good day and thank you for giving out these information wo us. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TgTV Posted at 4-19 22:36
Problem solved, even though android charges always, iphone requires controller settings to switch phone charging on. Happy days! Now I can use the maven app. Giving mini2 mavic platinum pro features. Final icing on cake, I've tried it - And yes you can charge controller from power bank if you are worried about controller battery drain when charging phones.

The charging option though tends to overheat the iPhones and then the screen will go very dim on you mid flight.  
2022-4-19
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 22:43
The charging option though tends to overheat the iPhones and then the screen will go very dim on you mid flight.

Thanks for the heads up, perhaps intermittent charging?
2022-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TgTV Posted at 4-19 23:35
Thanks for the heads up, perhaps intermittent charging?

I changed the battery in a iPhone 7plus a few months ago and it was £12 not only does it solve the battery issue it also stops the CPU being throttled by the iPhone detecting a bad battery.   
2022-4-19
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 23:37
I changed the battery in a iPhone 7plus a few months ago and it was £12 not only does it solve the battery issue it also stops the CPU being throttled by the iPhone detecting a bad battery.

Normally my iPhone6s has a good battery life until it's used with mini2, so your suggestion sounds like a good idea
Thanks
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TgTV Posted at 4-20 00:13
Normally my iPhone6s has a good battery life until it's used with mini2, so your suggestion sounds like a good idea
Thanks

In settings -> battery health it will give you a rating for the battery might be worth checking it.
2022-4-20
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 00:24
In settings -> battery health it will give you a rating for the battery might be worth checking it.

mine says 'Maximum Capacity 87% Thought it will charge to 100% Do you do your own battery replacement.
2022-4-20
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TgTV Posted at 4-20 00:55
mine says 'Maximum Capacity 87% Thought it will charge to 100% Do you do your own battery replacement.

that should read... though it will charge to 100%
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TgTV Posted at 4-20 00:55

Ive done a few replacements but I would recommend it,   its extremely fiddly,   places like Timpsons will now do them thought.   
2022-4-20
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 01:28
Ive done a few replacements but I would recommend it,   its extremely fiddly,   places like Timpsons will now do them thought.

Thanks for all your help Do you think it would be possible to charge m2 controller whilst in use with a power bank? To compensate for phone power draw.
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TgTV Posted at 4-20 22:09
Thanks for all your help Do you think it would be possible to charge m2 controller whilst in use with a power bank? To compensate for phone power draw.

Ive never tried that.
2022-4-20
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 23:34
Ive never tried that.

Then I'll let you know, I did a trial and the charging lights were running on controller whilst on. If that's the case should extend play time!
2022-4-20
Use props
djiuser_U69y9brIxMPK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121181 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased my Mini 2 about a week ago and I have an iPhone 6S Plus.

The DJI Fly app absolutely obliterates my battery. I’ve had the phone for about 2 years and it had a new battery fitted when I got it  (capacity still 100%).

I know the 6S plus isn’t the best for battery, but it’s being drained from a full charge to next to nothing after an hour using it to fly the mini 2. I am even using the cable from the controller to my phone with charging enabled and the screen brightness dialed right back.

I’ve never known anything like this. I can use my phone normally all day and it doesn’t drain that quick.

I am loathed to have to buy another phone just for a screen to use the app so I can see what I am photographing and videoing.

Conversely, my friend uses a Samsung A21 and his battery barely gets below 90% after an hour.

Interestingly, it seems this app has issues with other iPhone models so I don’t believe this to be unique to the iPhone 6 series.
2022-4-25
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

To confirm flew M2 with Iphone 6s with power on from controller whilst charging controller from power bank and Iphone charge went up not down!
2022-4-26
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TgTV
lvl.3
United Kingdom

17#
To confirm flew M2 with Iphone 6s with power on from controller whilst charging controller from power bank and Iphone charge went up not down!
2022-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules