New to Mavic drones- any tips for beginner?
606 6 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
singtoeil
New

Singapore

I have seen a few accessory bundles and a lot include a landing pad. Is this a good idea to buy or would anything flat work the same? I wasnt sure if the drone lands better by recognizing the H on the landing pad when it returns home? Are any other accessories worth looking into? I had picked up the standard bundle since the Fly More bundle was out of stock and it seems batteries are in short supply. Im guessing we should soon see third party batteries for a more reasonable price online? I also was given a prompt to buy the protection plan directly from DJI for the drone and still have an option to buy one from Amazon where I bought it - are they worth it in the end or do they hassle you when you make a claim? Im not sure if any plan covers the drone becoming lost? Thanks!

2022-4-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

A landing pad works great if you are having to take off from sand, rocks or high grass.  I live on a large live aboard boat so I always hand launch and hand recover.  DJI Care Refresh is great to have for all new flyers.  I have it on each drone I've owned.  I only had to use it once but that one time made it all worthwhile.  Getting that drone replaced was quick, easy and painless.  

I always try to have 3-5 batteries per drone which is why I always buy the Fly More Combos.  So far I haven't seen the price of batteries go down.
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there singtoeil. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Landing Pads protects the gimbal from interference or collision during maintenance and landing and also protects the aircraft from dirt during landing and takeoff. In addition, kindly please always prepare a preflight checklist every time you fly your DJI drone to avoid any unwanted incident when operating or flying your DJI Drone. Kindly please also check if your memory card is installed in to the DJI drone as well. Thank you.

2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im a big fan of hand launch and catch.
2022-4-20
Use props
paradeben
New

India

I have seen a few accessory bundles and a lot include a landing pad. Is this a good idea to buy or would anything flat work the same? I wasnt sure if the drone lands better by recognizing the H on the landing pad when it returns home? Are any other accessories worth looking into? I had picked up the standard bundle since the Fly More bundle was out of stock and it seems batteries are in short supply. Im guessing we should soon see third party batteries https://showbox.tools/ for a more reasonable price online? I also was given a prompt to buy the protection plan directly from DJI for the drone and still have an option to buy one from Amazon where I bought it https://speedtest.vet/ - are they worth it in the end or do they hassle you when you make a claim? Im not sure if any plan covers the drone becoming lost? Thanks!

I got this,..
2022-5-3
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 23:57
Im a big fan of hand launch and catch.

Hope you are having a nice weekend DA.  
2022-5-12
Use props
Air2Game
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally don't use launching pads because a flat surface works for me. Definitely get a fly more combo. You will need those batteries. You will never see any third party batteries because DJI puts a patent on all of them.
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules