max height over variable terrain
506 2 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mannie3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3609 ft

United Kingdom

Hello, I understand the concept of flying at the maximum legal altitude (120m in UK) is realitve to the elevation of the ground beneath. Go over a hill, the 120m is based on the distance to the ground below.

But I'm intending on flying over cliffs and gorges so when I start at say 30m above ground and then fly over a cliff and I'm suddendly 200m above the point on the ground, what behaviour is the drone going to display? Will it suddendly drop down to maintain 120m above it's current ground point? Will I suddendly be breaking the law by flying over 120m? Can I make the drone fly over 120m so when it returns to me it is above the ground I am standing on, next to the cliff?

Thanks in advance.
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone will maintain the height,   it wont drop.
2022-4-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you take off from a clifftop and ascend to 30 metres, then fly out to sea, the drone will maintain the height relative to the takeoff point unless you change it. It will not follow the level of the terrain. Incidentally, take care as you fly over the edge. Even if it doesn't feel particularly windy, the wind shear coming up or down the cliff face can play havoc with the stability of your drone.
2022-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules