Is Mavic Air 2 considered Obsolete by DJI?
7985 24 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I bought Mavic Air 2 in the summer of 2021, and I love it, however, I haven't seen many feature updates in the 9 months that I own it.
It is my first DJI product, maybe it is normal for DJI to not release any new features after the release, but I see the Mavic 3 and Air 2S had some feature updates.
I'm worried that soon DJI will stop selling propellers, batteries, and accessories for Mavic Air 2. Is that true?
Also, I saw fewer people talking about it here on the forum.
2022-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It was only released 1.5 years ago.
Props, batteries etc should be available for years still.
It's normal that no new features are added, when there are no features to add.
There are limits to the new features that the hardware can support.
DJI aren't Santa Claus, giving you new features as presents each year.
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Yaros1. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The DJI Mavic Air 2 is not listed as obsolete or end of life. For as long as the DJI Drone is still available on the DJI's official online store ( https://store.dji.com/category/mavic-air-2?from=store-nav ), DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-4-20
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Labroides Posted at 4-20 02:54
It was only released 1.5 years ago.
Props, batteries etc should be available for years still.
It's normal that no new features are added, when there are no features to add.

No new features to add, you say?
How about:
- True waypoint support
- Adjustable Speed in Cine mode
- RAW only for Photos
- D-Cinelike Color Assist
Among Many MANY others!
2022-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yaros1 Posted at 4-20 04:16
How about:
- True waypoint support

Yes .. that's what I said.

How many items on your wish list were ever advertised for the drone?
Why would you expect DJI to keep adding features when the drone is everything it was advertised to be?
That's not how the world works.

2022-4-20
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

How about:
- True waypoint support

If it isn’t listed or sold with those features, then they never will.
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why do some many people expect the drone they buy to be a development pad for new features,  especially the ones that are only on the top tier drones.
2022-4-21
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-20 02:56
Hello there Yaros1. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The DJI Mavic Air 2 is not listed as obsolete or end of life. For as long as the DJI Drone is still available on the DJI's official online store ( https://store.dji.com/category/mavic-air-2?from=store-nav ), DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.

But will DJI provide new feature like ASPAS 4.0 to Air 2? It has the same sensors as Air 2S and Mini 3 pro for obstacle avoidance.
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

him7403 Posted at 5-17 16:23
But will DJI provide new feature like ASPAS 4.0 to Air 2? It has the same sensors as Air 2S and Mini 3 pro for obstacle avoidance.

Hi there him7403. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with regards to this inquiry. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-5-18
Use props
beermat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 615958 ft
United States

No it doesn't. The Air2s has extra sensors compared to the Air 2, and the Mini 3 Pro has a much greater FOV with its obstacle avoidance sensors
2022-5-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's a lot more involved with that than just having sensors. The Air 2 in my opinion will never see APAS 4.0 for a couple of reasons. Hardware probably isn't all there to support it, the software isn't there to support it and it was sold as an APAS 3.0 drone and was never advertised as being upgradable as such.
2022-5-20
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

How about:
- True waypoint support

Have you used the "Adjustable Speed" in Cine mode, if so - what do you think of how it works?  Any idea how long it takes to complete a 360 degree turn - at its slowest?  Sure would appreciate your comments.
2022-6-19
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 6-19 08:34
Have you used the "Adjustable Speed" in Cine mode, if so - what do you think of how it works?  Any idea how long it takes to complete a 360 degree turn - at its slowest?  Sure would appreciate your comments.

This feature isn't yet implemented.
2022-6-19
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 6-19 09:37
This feature isn't yet implemented.

Oops, missread the post.  Sorry.  Hope they do though.
2022-6-19
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Air 2 does exactly what Dji said it would do nothing more nothing less and new features like Apas 4.0 are all hardware features not firmware so it’s unlikely that  Dji will release firmware for that mainly because it’s impossible.
2022-6-19
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

Yes the Air 2 is history , this is what DJI do . They bring out a
2022-6-21
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

This Labroids is a little bitch ,I've come across this idiot before and it thinks it's an expert ,when in reality it's a poor excuse for an Australian and can't stop sucking it's mothers tit. And yes the  Air 2 is history mate , this is what DJI do . They bring out a new drone every 12 months ,give it a couple of upgrades and then it’s obsolete. Wam bam thank you mam. And for all you tossers out there that say this isn’t true ,your fucking kidding yourself. I’ve had this discussion on this so called forum before and all you get is the (experts / dick beaters )who hide in there parents garage or dungeon preaching about how DJI never promised you any upgrades. Don't listen to these so called fucking experts mate. Enjoy the Air 2 for what it is and don't let these dick beaters ruin it for you ...
2022-6-21
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

Yo feliz con mi MAVIC AIR 2 aprendiendo a ser un mejor piloto y hacer tomas EPICAS y los usuarios pidiendo que los sistemas hagan todo por ellos a un bajo precio.  ( personas que nunca serán felices)
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

Wow this dude asks a simple question and a bunch people come on here to give there "opnion" no matter if what your saying is true of false it's all in the delivery sounds like most of you r upset that this guy is worried thar his 1000$ drone may not be getting any more attention and btw at this point he is right. They just realese a smart controller I can actually afford and they list it for 3 drones one being the air 2 s which is so similar I was so pumped for the dji rc and then I realize you can't use it with the air 2, r u kidding!? I get it maybe not working for the older minis but we paid over 1000$ for this drone with the combo when it came out we deserve to be able to use that controller as well. Actually everyone should be able to mo matter what drone you fly but especially the higher tier ones for sure
2022-11-25
Use props
djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

DJWacko Posted at 6-21 03:03
This Labroids is a little bitch ,I've come across this idiot before and it thinks it's an expert ,when in reality it's a poor excuse for an Australian and can't stop sucking it's mothers tit. And yes the  Air 2 is history mate , this is what DJI do . They bring out a new drone every 12 months ,give it a couple of upgrades and then it’s obsolete. Wam bam thank you mam. And for all you tossers out there that say this isn’t true ,your fucking kidding yourself. I’ve had this discussion on this so called forum before and all you get is the (experts / dick beaters )who hide in there parents garage or dungeon preaching about how DJI never promised you any upgrades. Don't listen to these so called fucking experts mate. Enjoy the Air 2 for what it is and don't let these dick beaters ruin it for you ...

He right all you dudes act like yer upset that this dude is worried about his drone that he paid 1000$ for becoming somthing off the past in the time it takes cell phones to. And btw at this point he is right. I own one as well and they finally come out with a smart controller i can afford and whatta ya kno its only valid for 3 drones!? And the air 2 s is one of them case in point that is a slap in the face to the people who bought the air 2 like r u kidding i can see if it was one of the older lower end drones but its not and its so similiar the the air 2 s and the only reason why this happened is because people arent buying the air 2 anymore. That the ONLY REASON. Money, capital gain, revenue. And this dude is right if u dont believe that then yer either 13 years old and u dont know how the world works or you work for dji no other option bra so get off it and quit sticking up for a mega corporation that is doing exactly what every else is doing. Looking out for numero uno.
2022-11-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as I have experienced, my Ma2 is perfect as is now. No reason to change anything.
2022-11-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ Posted at 11-25 19:59
He right all you dudes act like yer upset that this dude is worried about his drone that he paid 1000$ for becoming somthing off the past in the time it takes cell phones to. And btw at this point he is right. I own one as well and they finally come out with a smart controller i can afford and whatta ya kno its only valid for 3 drones!? And the air 2 s is one of them case in point that is a slap in the face to the people who bought the air 2 like r u kidding i can see if it was one of the older lower end drones but its not and its so similiar the the air 2 s and the only reason why this happened is because people arent buying the air 2 anymore. That the ONLY REASON. Money, capital gain, revenue. And this dude is right if u dont believe that then yer either 13 years old and u dont know how the world works or you work for dji no other option bra so get off it and quit sticking up for a mega corporation that is doing exactly what every else is doing. Looking out for numero uno.

I think you will find that rather than people getting ticked off that one person is asking questions, what is happening that people get ticked off by the number of posts made by MULTIPLE people that complain that their drone isn't being given or hasn't got XYZ .....when it was never advertised as having or going to get XYZ
2022-11-25
Use props
fansbe4bf3b2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531955 ft
United States

The Air 2S is on the remote ID list, but the Air 2 isn't. I didn't think there was much difference other than the extra forward sensors on the 2S. Will the Air 2 get remote ID?
2022-12-5
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

fansbe4bf3b2 Posted at 12-5 07:11
The Air 2S is on the remote ID list, but the Air 2 isn't. I didn't think there was much difference other than the extra forward sensors on the 2S. Will the Air 2 get remote ID?

I have an air 2,and what will probably happen with this one is a module will have to be stuck
on it.I doubt the air 2 will be RID compliant.
2022-12-5
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-20 02:56
Hello there Yaros1. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The DJI Mavic Air 2 is not listed as obsolete or end of life. For as long as the DJI Drone is still available on the DJI's official online store ( https://store.dji.com/category/mavic-air-2?from=store-nav ), DJI will continue to provide after-sales service and updates for it . Thank you for your understanding and support.

Stephen, will DJI add the MA2 to the FAA's Declaration of Compliance? If DJI is stating that the MA2 is not obsolete then I would expect to see the firmware added for the Remote ID just like the MA3?
Thank you
2022-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules