What 'drives' "must have the latest model" thinking?
547 4 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes I can see a point if there is some new significant feature or if something has been radically improved but in most cases new models seem to be incremental improvements rather radical improvements.
e.g. Mavic Mini to Mini 2, undoubtably there is an improvement in the ability to handle wind but I have flown my Mavic Mini in wind and seen it blown down wind but I still have the drone and I still use it regularily. Yes the camera gives improved definition/resolution but I can not use the full resolution of the Mavic Mini let alone that of the mini 2 my screens etc. can't handle it ( in that I may be odd but it is what it is).
Yes the Mini 2 can stay in the air for longer than the Mavic Mini but how many people regularily use every scrap of battery capacity?
And yes I have a Mini 2 and I like it but it was bought second hand for less than I paid for the Mavic Mini new. The Mavic Mini was bought months after its release when a UK retailer had it on good offer.

I cite the minis because they are the drones that I have but I suspect similar comparisons would be applicable to the Air 2 and the Air 2s etc. etc.

Then you come to price jumps .......which are often considerable.
2022-4-20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Each to their own Sean. If you are happy with what you have then that is all that matters.
2022-4-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

True but I am just trying to gain insight into the motivation.
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sean-bumble-bee. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best information and share there valued insights with regards to this matter. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-4-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The wind is always a factor. More power to deal with that is important. I don't like seeing a lot of warnings about wind. That is a major distraction.

If you cannot use the maximum capability of the videos, then you have to upgrade your computer...or whatever you are using to display those. I can't play 4k video on my 4 year old pc...mea culpa.

2022-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules