8658 47 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Full product description was posted to an online shopping site.

https://dronedj.com/2022/04/20/d ... ecs-features-price/

Biggest things to me are the 48MP camera, and the fact they did not say it was compatible with the RC Pro, even though it has Occusync 3.  That's frustrating.  I don't want/ need another controller.

The 47 min optional battery is interesting, but for my overseas travel, I need it under 250g...
2022-4-20
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

A new battery capable of 47 minutes flying ???

Longer flight time: Extendable to 47 mins
The DJI Mini 3 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery is ultra-lightweight, and yet, it can support an extended flight time of up to 34 minutes. Meanwhile, if you’re the kind of person who likes to push every flight to the limit, DJI is offering an upgrade to the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus which comes with up to 47 minutes of flight time. Naturally, the drone will tip over the 250-gram mark if you use the larger battery.
2022-4-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wonder if these mini batteries will continue to see mini battery prices or will the extended battery land near $200?
2022-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TomKatt Posted at 4-20 10:30
A new battery capable of 47 minutes flying ???

Longer flight time: Extendable to 47 mins

I think with dji you might find the Battery 47 min, will not be available on release forcing punters to pay for extra batteries when it is released. But the spec for this drone is excellent.
2022-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You will find the Camera will be a quad bayer sensor so while capable of shooting 48mp these will just be smaller pixels than a normal 48mp camera. Check out how Quad Bayer works, its just trickery to get 48mp "although Raw does set it apart" . It will be interesting to see if they announce compatibility with RC Pro , if they don’t it will be a shame once again. But the drone has really good spec..
2022-4-20
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'll get the drone regardless, makes traveling to some countries with a drone infinitely easier.  But if they pull the same garbage with the RC Pro that they did with the SC (limited compatibility), it will be the last controller of this type I buy from DJI.
2022-4-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely a bit of an upgrade to Mini 2.  Sure hope it is compatible with the RC Pro that I already have.  
2022-4-20
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

What is the true megapixel count in the camera ,I know it is not 48,probably more like 12.5 plus a filter plate to get the 48.
2022-4-20
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Looks like it has the aerodynamics of a double-decker sofa...
2022-4-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-20 11:06
You will find the Camera will be a quad bayer sensor so while capable of shooting 48mp these will just be smaller pixels than a normal 48mp camera. Check out how Quad Bayer works, its just trickery to get 48mp "although Raw does set it apart" . It will be interesting to see if they announce compatibility with RC Pro , if they don’t it will be a shame once again. But the drone has really good spec..

As its O3 then by rights, it should be compatible but it only states the RC-N1 and the new DJI RC, also as its compatible with the Minin 2 remote, wouldnt that include the RC Pro be default or does it not work that way? only time will tell...The 1080 at 120fps could be fun

2022-4-20
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-20 11:06
You will find the Camera will be a quad bayer sensor so while capable of shooting 48mp these will just be smaller pixels than a normal 48mp camera. Check out how Quad Bayer works, its just trickery to get 48mp "although Raw does set it apart" . It will be interesting to see if they announce compatibility with RC Pro , if they don’t it will be a shame once again. But the drone has really good spec..

Smaller pixels???  I think you are referring to photosites, as camera sensors do not have pixels.  Pixels refer to the size of the image that is produced by the sensor, and there isn't a 1:1 ratio between pixels and photosites.

Anyways... I wouldn't call Quad Bayer/pixel binning, trickery.  It's merely a way for a sensor to operate in different modes, to better match lighting conditions.  Like most things, there are trade offs.  But that's not necessarily a bad thing.
2022-4-20
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Spazoo Posted at 4-20 20:21
Smaller pixels???  I think you are referring to photosites, as camera sensors do not have pixels.  Pixels refer to the size of the image that is produced by the sensor, and there isn't a 1:1 ratio between pixels and photosites.

Anyways... I wouldn't call Quad Bayer/pixel binning, trickery.  It's merely a way for a sensor to operate in different modes, to better match lighting conditions.  Like most things, there are trade offs.  But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I have to call it a form of trickery to get the 48mp.
2022-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 4-20 20:21

I think if you see the end result and compare then you will see clearly the difference. I think its wrong to think or compare the 48 mp this camera produces to what we see in say MF or FF 48 mp.
Its not a bad thing, but its not 48mp as we know it and frankly I would say having used it with Air 2 it doesn't match up to the 16mp single shot if you compare. I do hope the raw image will be an improvement.
2022-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 4-20 19:43
As its O3 then by rights, it should be compatible but it only states the RC-N1 and the new DJI RC, also as its compatible with the Minin 2 remote, wouldnt that include the RC Pro be default or does it not work that way? only time will tell...The 1080 at 120fps could be fun

Yes it should work with RC pro, but dji have a habit of not making remotes compatible out of the gate, so you could be waiting for an update to use RC pro.
2022-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bet they dont sell that battery plus in Europe officially.
2022-4-21
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I wonder how the various 250g laws work around the world...  If you use the 47 minute battery, it pushes the weight over 250g.   So technically, you'd have to register the drone to use it.  But do they really weigh drones if they are involved in some kind of incident and the authorities get involved?  I'm sure a lot of folks would plead ignorance and point to the 249g label on the side...

It's probably a bit like the Japanese version of the Mini 2 that has a lower weight limit and uses smaller batteries to achieve it.  I believe the "regular" batteries are not available in Japan as a result?
2022-4-21
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-20 23:01
I think if you see the end result and compare then you will see clearly the difference. I think its wrong to think or compare the 48 mp this camera produces to what we see in say MF or FF 48 mp.
Its not a bad thing, but its not 48mp as we know it and frankly I would say having used it with Air 2 it doesn't match up to the 16mp single shot if you compare. I do hope the raw image will be an improvement.

I'm looking forward to seeing the quality of the images.  Based on the specs that have been leaked I'm expecting something that will rival the EVO Nano+, which is very good IMHO.
2022-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 4-21 06:50
I'm looking forward to seeing the quality of the images.  Based on the specs that have been leaked I'm expecting something that will rival the EVO Nano+, which is very good IMHO.

I think it will rival the Nano camera, but it will most likely fly much better. I like the mini because most people don’t ever object to it and it produces really good footage.
2022-4-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Interesting that it spec is with APAS 4.0 and not APAS 5.0 like the M3.
2022-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 4-21 07:16
Interesting that it spec is with APAS 4.0 and not APAS 5.0 like the M3.

Maybe because no upward sensors .
2022-4-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-21 07:45
Maybe because no upward sensors .

Right I should have though of that.
2022-4-21
Use props
Mavic Merrick
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6558399 ft
United States

Get both batteries than
2022-4-21
Use props
Mavic Merrick
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-21 00:01

I live in the United States so I could send you one
Just give me the money for the battery and shipping - I will need your address to
Rules are just things to break…
2022-4-21
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-20 23:20
Yes it should work with RC pro, but dji have a habit of not making remotes compatible out of the gate, so you could be waiting for an update to use RC pro.

I was thinking the same thing
2022-4-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic Merrick Posted at 4-21 08:44
I live in the United States so I could send you one
Just give me the money for the battery and shipping - I will need your address to
Rules are just things to break…

Im hoping places like Moment will sell them too like they do with the mavic 3 accessories we dont officially get.
2022-4-21
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Where there is a will, there's a way...
2022-4-22
Use props
Mavic Merrick
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-21 23:49
Im hoping places like Moment will sell them too like they do with the mavic 3 accessories we dont officially get.

All right, I hope you can get the extended battery without too much issue but if there are issues, just let me know!
2022-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic Merrick Posted at 4-22 12:09
All right, I hope you can get the extended battery without too much issue but if there are issues, just let me know!

Thanks Maverick.   
2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 4-21 00:01

There is no real reason for not selling heavier battery in Europe/UK so many professionals will be waiting for this drone for actual professional use, particularly because of its portability, so many of these pros are covered by license to fly this drone at any weight that DJI should not presume we cannot decide for ourselves.
If it works then we should have the choice, let it carry the usual warning IE when you fly over height restriction etc. the debacle over wide angle lens and prop guards is ridiculous and hopefully DJI realize this. But I have a feeling this battery will most likely not be initially on sale and could be months away. Lets hope not .
2022-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 01:22
There is no real reason for not selling heavier battery in Europe/UK so many professionals will be waiting for this drone for actual professional use, particularly because of its portability, so many of these pros are covered by license to fly this drone at any weight that DJI should not presume we cannot decide for ourselves.
If it works then we should have the choice, let it carry the usual warning IE when you fly over height restriction etc. the debacle over wide angle lens and prop guards is ridiculous and hopefully DJI realize this. But I have a feeling this battery will most likely not be initially on sale and could be months away. Lets hope not .

I suspect it will be the same reason DJI gave for Mavic 3 accessories.  But there will be ways round it for sure.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 588&pid=2589268

2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 01:28
I suspect it will be the same reason DJI gave for Mavic 3 accessories.  But there will be ways round it for sure.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=252588&pid=2589268

Yes I know, but that made and makes very little sense. Its time they abandoned that rubbish. My real problem is 2 47 min batteries would be enough for me flying this drone, but I will have to buy 3 35min batteries while waiting for them to release the 47min battery ;+)….
2022-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 01:33
Yes I know, but that made and makes very little sense. Its time they abandoned that rubbish. My real problem is 2 47 min batteries would be enough for me flying this drone, but I will have to buy 3 35min batteries while waiting for them to release the 47min battery ;+)….

I’ll probably only get one of the 47 minute batteries and the FMC.   Will you get the new controller or hope the RC pro gets updated?
2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 01:37
I’ll probably only get one of the 47 minute batteries and the FMC.   Will you get the new controller or hope the RC pro gets updated?

Again I think that’s going to be another problem. If DJI do not announce that RC Pro is compatible out of the gate, it causes real problems or the SC . There should be no reason for this to be the case. But maybe they have learned from the M3 FMC debacle.

I will probably buy the new RC as I think when it comes to selling it will get a better price. Bit like a car with more features “always easier to sell” and it looks like it will only cost an extra €180.
2022-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 02:20
Again I think that’s going to be another problem. If DJI do not announce that RC Pro is compatible out of the gate, it causes real problems or the SC . There should be no reason for this to be the case. But maybe they have learned from the M3 FMC debacle.

I will probably buy the new RC as I think when it comes to selling it will get a better price. Bit like a car with more features “always easier to sell” and it looks like it will only cost an extra €180.

I plan to get the new controller too, as Im 100% sure the original smart controller wont get support for it.  

But what I get will depend on how its sold,   Im hoping the rumours are true and its sold as drone + new controller and FMC separately.   If thats the case and Argos (or worse case ebay) stock those then Im in for a nice free upgrade.   Later if the RC Pro gets support I would like to pick that up too as I will miss the extra buttons on the controller.
2022-4-23
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

If the upgraded controller is really under 200 more than the standard, that does seem like a value.
2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

coloradoskier Posted at 4-23 07:36
If the upgraded controller is really under 200 more than the standard, that does seem like a value.

Well from what we see €829 for Aircraft 1 Battery and 1 standard remote , €999 for Aircraft with new RC, so Approx €170/180 is the difference in price. I suppose the big factors will be what nit brightness and will there be xtra control options like two scroll wheels and C1 C2 and C3 buttons. If it holds up to 700/1000 nits of brightness then it certainly looks really good value when compared to an RC pro.

Not having to use your phone is the biggest plus for me with RCs….
2022-4-23
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

You guys get excited about these batteries for 47 minutes, and the truth is, it'll take a maximum of 35 to 40 minutes. Something between 25 and 30 minutes of flight time in this smaller battery. And only in situations where there is a quiet flight in calm weather. In fact, with safe flights up to the level of 25-30%, the flight time will be about half of the values declared by the manufacturer. Which is a great achievement anyway.
2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nOxxxx Posted at 4-23 08:59
You guys get excited about these batteries for 47 minutes, and the truth is, it'll take a maximum of 35 to 40 minutes. Something between 25 and 30 minutes of flight time in this smaller battery. And only in situations where there is a quiet flight in calm weather. In fact, with safe flights up to the level of 25-30%, the flight time will be about half of the values declared by the manufacturer. Which is a great achievement anyway.

For me if 2 batteries gives me almost the same time flying as 3 then its a no brainer that only needing to carry 2 batteries would be a better option, or to carry 3x 47 minutes batteries will increase my flying time by 33% carrying the same amount of batteries. When you’re carrying a lot of photo gear it really makes a difference.
2022-4-23
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I understand your expectations. However, sometimes it seems to me that there are only photographers in this forum. Doesn't anyone fly for the fun of flying anymore? Without taking a single photo? Just got back from the yard. I made four flights in less than an hour. I feasted my eyes on the views, only recording the image on my smartphone. I'm about to show the picture on the TV and we'll watch it over breakfast. Let's have fun and not necessarily take something seriously.
2022-4-23
Use props
Mavic Merrick
lvl.3
United States

tomcam Posted at 4-25 11:37
My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life,  is how i won the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. Finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now  OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342
www.facebook.com/Dr-odion-spell-temple-110513923938220

Why are you posting this on the DJI forum.  We don’t need to hear about your unrelated achievements on a forum specifically for drones.  Get the h*ll off the DJI forum.
2022-4-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules