1730 18 2022-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Has anyone else had a problem with the Mavic 3 not saving raw files?
This is the second job where I have come home and the M3 hasnt saved raw files, it just skips saving, when I have looked on the sd card after the shoot the jpg have saved in sequence but the dng's have saved a few then skips a few. this is the second job now that I have to go back and reshoot.. very frustrating.. Its a new card aswell and has been working fine
2022-4-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Skyris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know the specs of the microSD card that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue. For reference I will post the list of recommended microSD card for the DJI Mavic 3. Thank you.

2022-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

the jpg have saved in sequence but the dng's have saved a few then skips a few. this is the second job now that I have to go back and reshoot.
What is it about the images that you can't get what you need from the jpg files?
2022-4-20
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 4-20 20:56
the jpg have saved in sequence but the dng's have saved a few then skips a few. this is the second job now that I have to go back and reshoot.
What is it about the images that you can't get what you need from the jpg files?

I need the raw files, clients request and these files have way more control over dynamic range, also not the point. Thanks
2022-4-20
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-20 20:26
Hello there Skyris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know the specs of the microSD card that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue. For reference I will post the list of recommended microSD card for the DJI Mavic 3. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi, Its happened to a SanDisk Extreme Pro and now a Samsung Evo Plus. The strange thing is that it was happening when I had low rc range, it wasn't that far away but behind a tree. It was very slow to save bracketed images, roughly 1 min for 3, is this something to do with the drone trying to cache the images with my phone?
2022-4-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Skyris Posted at 4-20 21:00
Hi, Its happened to a SanDisk Extreme Pro and now a Samsung Evo Plus. The strange thing is that it was happening when I had low rc range, it wasn't that far away but behind a tree. It was very slow to save bracketed images, roughly 1 min for 3, is this something to do with the drone trying to cache the images with my phone?

The process of caching the images to your phone MAY be a partial cause of the slow record cycle, frankly I have never seen the benefit of caching, but you could try disabling the cache process and see if it helps. Also, it is a good habit to get into to copy all images off the SD card after a flying session, then format the card ready for the next flight, that will also help speed up the record process.
2022-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Skyris Posted at 4-20 20:58
I need the raw files, clients request and these files have way more control over dynamic range, also not the point. Thanks

But what kind of work are you shooting that's so special that you couldn't have made do with the jpg files?
It's not like you are shooting with an H6-D100c.

2022-4-20
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 4-20 23:06
But what kind of work are you shooting that's so special that you couldn't have made do with the jpg files?

Hi, as mentioned my clients request raw files as they may need to further edit and you get so so much more out of a raw file, you can pull back highlights and boost shadows, grade colours and without getting any banding or extra noise that you would out of a jpeg. Not to mention adjust white balance in post. Its the only workflow for me.  
2022-4-21
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 4-20 22:15
The process of caching the images to your phone MAY be a partial cause of the slow record cycle, frankly I have never seen the benefit of caching, but you could try disabling the cache process and see if it helps. Also, it is a good habit to get into to copy all images off the SD card after a flying session, then format the card ready for the next flight, that will also help speed up the record process.

Absolutely agree with formatting, This is my workflow. I will look for an option to disable cache stills.
2022-4-21
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have just comeback from another shoot and the M3 has missed raw files again and very slow at capturing bracketed stills, this was on 2 sd cards this week. DJI what do I do here the drone seems to have issues.
2022-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Skyris Posted at 8-19 14:42
I have just comeback from another shoot and the M3 has missed raw files again and very slow at capturing bracketed stills, this was on 2 sd cards this week. DJI what do I do here the drone seems to have issues.

It very much sounds like a Dodgy card….
2022-8-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Skyris Posted at 8-19 14:42
I have just comeback from another shoot and the M3 has missed raw files again and very slow at capturing bracketed stills, this was on 2 sd cards this week. DJI what do I do here the drone seems to have issues.

More likely the SD card has issues. Try buying a new one from a reputable source, preferably a Sandisk Pro EXtreme model, and beware, there a counterfeit Sandisk cards out there averywhere.
2022-8-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-20 23:06

I have a client that insists on RAW format.  I agree that JPG's should be sufficient, but if I want to get paid, that's the deal.  Give them what they want right?
2022-8-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-19 15:33
It very much sounds like a Dodgy card….

I have gotten into the habit of only buying from reliable sources and formatting them using the formatter app from their little memory card association.  I have had great luck and have not had any card go wonky,
2022-8-19
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The market is saturated with fake SD cards. Make sure you're always buying from the manufacturer direct or from a company which is authorised to sell them. Avoid Amazon/eBay resellers at all costs.
2022-8-20
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I purchased all cards from a reputable store.. 4 cards now, it has to be the drone
2022-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skyris Posted at 8-20 17:06
I purchased all cards from a reputable store.. 4 cards now, it has to be the drone

Its not a common problem so maybe its not the drone but could be your drone.
2022-8-21
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 8-21 00:14
Its not a common problem so maybe its not the drone but could be your drone.

Great advice
2022-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Your welcome, at least you know its most likely your own drone ;+)
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules