564 5 2022-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If, for you, the numbering is NOT continuous across card changes or emptyings etc.  in what circumstances did/does that happen i.e. precisely what did/do you do with the card/s e.g. did/do you format the card/s, if so where or how? Do you use a reader or.......... etc. etc. etc.?
What drone?

I have never experienced a problem and swap cards quite frequently, any formatting of the cards is done in Windows but as a rule I do not format a card when I empty it. For downloading or emptying my cards are removed from the drone and placed in a reader attached to the computer.
I suspect there is a pattern to be discovered.

2022-4-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The pattern was discovered long ago.
There's nothing complicated about it.
If you use the Fly ap and give the camera a clean formatted card, it will always start at 001.
If the card has image files, the camera will continue the numbering from the latest file.
2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-21 02:53

Yet none of my fly app using drones (I have more than 5 of them) do that (start from 1), and that includes the use of freshly formatted via windows cards. I run H2testw on every new card  and then format the card to remove the test files so, a new card of mine is always freshly formatted.

How does that fit with your pronouncement?
2022-4-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 03:31
Yet none of my fly app using drones (I have more than 5 of them) do that (start from 1), and that includes the use of freshly formatted via windows cards. I run H2testw on every new card  and then format the card to remove the test files so, a new card of mine is always freshly formatted.

How does that fit with your pronouncement?

Then yours performs differently from all the others out there.
Like the one in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556

2022-4-21
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-21 02:53

That's not the case.

My Mini 2 is on it's 3rd freshly formatted card. Each new card continues the numbering from the previous card.

After reading this post, I formatted the card in my Air 2. After inserting it into the drone and taking a photo, it doesn't reset to 1. However, changing the storage location to local storage did reset it to 1. But upon formatting the local storage, it didn't reset.
2022-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-24 06:08
That's not the case.

My Mini 2 is on it's 3rd freshly formatted card. Each new card continues the numbering from the previous card.

Since the Fly app was released users have complained that there was no continuous file index available.
But in the last week, there was another thread on this and a member pointed out that it works if the SD card is formatted in the computer.
2022-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules