Mavic 2 zoom dead after Firmware update
2241 31 2022-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538 ft
Israel

after the firmware was done. the remote control was disconnected.
now the drone is brick. i turn it on. the propelors move like it shuld. camera go to the center like it shuld.
now... the problem began...
it is turned on but no lights at all.
app connect for 3 seconds and disconnect. then wait 3 second re connect and disconnect.

i thought to make firmware update from PC !!! i try to connect to the PC. with seviral Type c cables.
the computer recugnize it as unknown device for about 3 or 4 seconds then its dissconnect. 3 4 seconds and it connect again - and so on.

what no !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

forgot to say. RC is connecting. then i see the percentage of the battery on the screen and the small icon for the signal... all the screen is empty
2022-4-21
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

samiro_zar Posted at 4-21 09:26
forgot to say. RC is connecting. then i see the percentage of the battery on the screen and the small icon for the signal... all the screen is empty

Have you tried to re-link the remote controller with the aircraft after the FW update?
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

FloridaNext Posted at 4-21 09:57
Have you tried to re-link the remote controller with the aircraft after the FW update?

Sure.
But my real problem is that loop in connecting and disconnecting.
Its happen on pc. And when rc connected to aircraft.
Like firmware brick it.
2022-4-21
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

samiro_zar Posted at 4-21 10:06
Sure.
But my real problem is that loop in connecting and disconnecting.
Its happen on pc. And when rc connected to aircraft.

Sorry, I don't quite get it. Are we talking about the connecting <-> disconnecting loop using the PC-Firmware update software "Assistant 2" or when you try to connect your drone with the remote control?

2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I  would be inclined to download and install the appropriate Assistant 2 (and do make sure it is the appropriate assitant 2).
Start the assistant 2 and connect your drone to the computer via USB then refresh or roll back the firmware on the drone.
2022-4-21
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

As Sean-bumble-bee suggested, you need exactly the version for the Mavic 2. Search for "DJI Assistant 2 für Mavic" v2.0.14 and try again.
2022-4-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 10:15
I  would be inclined to download and install the appropriate Assistant 2 (and do make sure it is the appropriate assitant 2).
Start the assistant 2 and connect your drone to the computer via USB then refresh or roll back the firmware on the drone.

I've always been loath to use the DJI  Assistant for any updates.  I invariably do them over wifi.  No problems so far, but I have held off on the latest update for my M2Z  for the moment.
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

FloridaNext Posted at 4-21 10:13
Sorry, I don't quite get it. Are we talking about the connecting  disconnecting loop using the PC-Firmware update software "Assistant 2" or when you try to connect your drone with the remote control?

You understood me correctly.
The aircraft goes into a loop of connection and disconnection - even when I connect via a USB cable to the computer.

And also when I connect with the DJI APP 4 app.
CONNECTED appears on the screen and then it disconnect and writes RE CONNECT then FLY NOW
If I click on "FLY NOW" - it goes to the regulat flight  screen but the camera is off and it looks like it's not really connected.
I tried to download the ASSISTANCE of course - not helpful.

its not my first DJI drone...
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 10:15
Start the assistant 2 and connect your drone to the computer via USB then refresh or roll back the firmware on the drone.

Do you mean the DJI assistant 2?
2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-21 10:27
I've always been loath to use the DJI  Assistant for any updates.  I invariably do them over wifi.  No problems so far, but I have held off on the latest update for my M2Z  for the moment.

Actually I am the opposite lol, not that I do many updates but those that I have done via assistant 2 have been FAR FAR quicker than my memory of any done via wifi.  
Can you roll back and refresh via wifi?
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

FloridaNext Posted at 4-21 10:22
As Sean-bumble-bee suggested, you need exactly the version for the Mavic 2. Search for "DJI Assistant 2 für Mavic" v2.0.14 and try again.

DONE.
the program did not recognize anything when i connect the drone.
its keep connecting (unknown device) and disconnect (LOOP)
2022-4-21
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 4-21 10:27
I've always been loath to use the DJI  Assistant for any updates.  I invariably do them over wifi.  No problems so far, but I have held off on the latest update for my M2Z  for the moment.

I've the latest update and it's perfect. No issues at all.

Anyway, when none of the above hints helped, try another USB cable (adressed to the OP).
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 10:32
Actually I am the opposite lol, not that I do many updates but those that I have done via assistant 2 have been FAR FAR quicker than my memory of any done via wifi.  

how to do that?
the pc is connected via wifi !
but drone keep disconnect !!!
there is no hard reset or factory reset without pc and app ?
2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

samiro_zar Posted at 4-21 10:31
Do you mean the DJI assistant 2?

Yes but the appropriate one, there are several versions and you need the correct one.
This one I think https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-2
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

FloridaNext Posted at 4-21 10:34

Anyway, when none of the above hints helped, try another USB cable (adressed to the OP).

As soon as I entered
To the forum to post the problem I have - believe me I have already tried 5 cables, 2 computers and twenty YouTube videos before I asked.

I'm an electronics practical engineer - who works in a lab - I tried all the things that came to my mind
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 10:36
Yes but the appropriate one, there are several versions and you need the correct one.
This one I think https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-2

sure - the app is connected for 3 or 4 seconds. that is assuming i am using the right app hhh
same app i was using before it brick !
2022-4-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 10:32

I've never tried, but I suspect not.  I'm hearing that the latest updates cannot be rolled back once embedded. One of the reasons I've not done the latest updates. Maybe I shouldn't listen to rumour.
But my philosophy has been - if it's working OK leave it alone
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

Blériot53 Posted at 4-21 10:40
I've never tried, but I suspect not.  I'm hearing that the latest updates cannot be rolled back once embedded. One of the reasons I've not done the latest updates. Maybe I shouldn't listen to rumour.

you 100% right.
now its brick !!! no drone.
i dont know what to do !!!
2022-4-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FloridaNext Posted at 4-21 10:34

Do you use the Assistant, or update over Wifi (my preferred method) ?
2022-4-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

samiro_zar Posted at 4-21 10:41
you 100% right.
now its brick !!! no drone.
i dont know what to do !!!

It may be a case for DJI Support?
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 10:36
Yes but the appropriate one, there are several versions and you need the correct one.
This one I think https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-2

i used this file !
DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.14.zip

seems ok. but the drone wont be connected more than 4 seconds !!!
2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahhh clicking on the items in my reply  notices has caused me to miss several posts. I see you have tried the assistant 2 and it fails to connect to the assistant 2.
Did you see any windows notifications about a device being connected?
From memory windows tells me there is a device connected and asks me if I want to download images etc.
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

Blériot53 Posted at 4-21 10:42
Do you use the Assistant, or update over Wifi (my preferred method) ?

WIFI do you mean via the DJI GO 4 app?
so i cant because when the drone connect it search for updates. 3 second later the drone disconnect so the search for updates stops. and loop....
if i enter the "fly now" screen and go to update. i see last firmware ! but it look like its disconected so i don't believe that !
also via DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.14
same problem
2022-4-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

samiro_zar Posted at 4-21 10:46
WIFI do you mean via the DJI GO 4 app?
so i cant because when the drone connect it search for updates. 3 second later the drone disconnect so the search for updates stops. and loop....
if i enter the "fly now" screen and go to update. i see last firmware ! but it look like its disconected so i don't believe that !

I've never experienced that problem, so I can't imagine what the solution is, sorry.  There are some pretty smart people on here who may be able to help you out. Good luck!
2022-4-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Not sure your procedure, but if you have not, try starting Assistant and connecting the drone to the PC before turning the drone on.
2022-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-21 10:40
I've never tried, but I suspect not.  I'm hearing that the latest updates cannot be rolled back once embedded. One of the reasons I've not done the latest updates. Maybe I shouldn't listen to rumour.

My mavic 2 is on 'old' firmware, it works perfectly well and I have no intention of update especially if there is even a suspicion that the update can n not be reversed,
2022-4-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 12:06
My mavic 2 is on 'old' firmware, it works perfectly well and I have no intention of update especially if there is even a suspicion that the update can n not be reversed,

I think we're on the same wavelength there.
2022-4-21
Use props
samiro_zar
lvl.1
Israel

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-21 10:44
Ahhh clicking on the items in my reply  notices has caused me to miss several posts. I see you have tried the assistant 2 and it fails to connect to the assistant 2.
Did you see any windows notifications about a device being connected?
From memory windows tells me there is a device connected and asks me if I want to download images etc.

no didn't see something like download image.
just hear the usb sound
windows try to install driver then it disconnect
2022-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-4-21
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It seems that the PC usb drivers do not recognise  the drone. In the GO4 app, at the top right there is 3 lines, press and hold down at that 3 lines for 6 seconds with the phone connected to RC and drone powered on. You will see a notification to download different firmware versions for the drone, select an older model and downgrade the firmware.
2022-4-21
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Oh Yeah, do not go into camera view of the app, stay in the Home Screen where it shows you enter device- 1st picture is the Home Screen - 2nd picture is after I hold down the 3 lines at top right for 6 seconds.

2022-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules