Smart Controller Lanyard
650 9 2022-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Thanks to a few subscribers on Mavic Pilots, I went about getting what I needed to have a Lanyard for the Smart Controller.
I got an "Ernie Ball" Guitar strap, and bought from Amazon a package of "M4, 0.7, 10mm" screws with thumb wheel, they
come 10 to a package, at a reasonable price plus shipping. I found two one inch waashers in the garage.  The guitar Strap I
adjusted to 45 inches, it is just right and the two inch belt of the strap fits comfortably on my neck.  IF I can post the photo
you can see just how little it took.

Strap-RC.JPG
2022-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob-Mini-2. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this cool accessory ( lanyard ) that you have placed on your DJI Smart Controller. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-4-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks good.
2022-4-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice DIY lanyard.    
2022-4-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for your feedback, shame I could not have made the picture a little clearer.  But with all the adjustments and copying from
here to there, just to get it up here, I figured it was better than I had hoped.  The screws and Guitar Strap only cost sixteen dollars
plus shipping, and there are a LOT of styles of strap.  But, I know that some others prefer the thinner straps like a real lanyard, and
they do roll up easier, although the strap is only about an inch to inch and a half thick rolled.  This strap is 2 inches from side to side,
and fits the neck nicely.
2022-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good!
2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Thanks folks, once you get the pieces together it's simple, and I have been using it for
a while now, am very happy with it.  I figured the 2" wide strap would be good around the neck, but it surprised me, more comfortable than I thought it would be.  I like the way I can lower the RC and the only worry I have is watching I don/t bump it on anything.  PLENTY strong enough.  So far- the screws have Not worked loose the slightest.  Really, the cost IF you can get the things local is very low.  
What brought the price up for me, but still acceptable, was shipping for strap and screws.
IF you have Smart Controller, you may enter the size of the screws for future reference:
  "M4, 0,7 Pitch, 8 to 10mm long depending on how thick any item you put under the
screws is.  The guy on Mavic Pilots that told me the size originally, is using Pan Head
Phillips that are 12mm long to hold on an adapter for a Lanyard.
     I saw a post that said the screws were #15, I checked on that at a local hardwazre
place, and they said that a #15 is used but not very often.  Well . . . while looking through
the manual for the RC I noticed that the screw hole listing was in position number 15, hehehe, so that figure is it's listing , NOT the size!
2022-4-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-29 08:28
Thanks folks, once you get the pieces together it's simple, and I have been using it for
a while now, am very happy with it.  I figured the 2" wide strap would be good around the neck, but it surprised me, more comfortable than I thought it would be.  I like the way I can lower the RC and the only worry I have is watching I don/t bump it on anything.  PLENTY strong enough.  So far- the screws have Not worked loose the slightest.  Really, the cost IF you can get the things local is very low.  
What brought the price up for me, but still acceptable, was shipping for strap and screws.

Thanks for the tips!
2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 4-29 11:33
Thanks for the tips!

Your assistance with videos, when I first started here, left an impression, and I try to
help others as you did.  Thank you Sir.
2022-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 5-1 09:12
Your assistance with videos, when I first started here, left an impression, and I try to
help others as you did.  Thank you Sir.

You're welcome!
2022-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules